Kn Aparthotel Columbus
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bungalows Barranco(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Coral California(Playa de las Americas)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Catalonia Oro Negro(Playa de las Americas)
  • Pool
Paraiso Royal(Playa de las Americas)
View Hotel
Las Piramides(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos Oro Blanco(Playa de las Americas)
  • Bar/Lounge
Playa Honda II Apartments(Playa de las Americas)
View Hotel
Hotel Zentral Center(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Sur Beach(Playa de las Americas)
4,209 results
All reviewsself cateringbad reviewsgirls holidaycleaned every daystayed all inclusiveafter reading the reviewsgames roomsun all daysun terracefresh towelsgreat holidayveronicas stripsiam parkcleaned dailystayed here for a weeknight liferooms were cleaned
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We came here with my 2 kids aged 17 and 11. Our hotel room was nice but had two single beds pushed together in the bedroom and the kids had a sofa bed and a camp bed, we never saw a cockroache in that room or a bed bug! Everything was clean and the maid came daily.
Bad points:- the food was absolutely awful we really struggled for 2 weeks as we was all inclusive, my youngest refused to eat in the end.
The hotel is being refurbished and our room was on the floor where rooms were getting done, drilling started at 9am till 5pm, they then blasted music out all day around the pool, so it was extremely noisy.
You have to get up at 8am if you want a sunbed!
More security would of been nice to keep the clubbers noise down at 5 am when they strolled back.

Good points:- The staff were very friendly, theses guys work long hours and still manage to greet you and smile. Kids team were great mini disco and games. Night entertainment was good, singers, animal shows, bingo and quizzes.
Hotel in a good location lots of restaurants, bars and beaches down the road.
Everything was kept clean, alcohol was local and wasn't that bad. Snack bar was ok mainly toasties, rolls and chips. Pools were lovely.

A visit to aqua land, siam and Loro park is a must! If u walk along the beach there's a lady under a blue parasol who does good deals, she saved us about €120. We also booked a all inclusive boat trip to see the wild dolphins and whales, cost us 99 euros for the 4 of us, in the hotel it was 55 euros each. We visited jungle park and was quite upset at the small pool a load of sea lions were kept in and some animals looked depressed.

We had a good hoilday, lots to do in tenerife.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank mrsellotape
AparthotelColumbus, Gerente at Kn Aparthotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

First of all I would to thank you about your positive comments about our staff, kids team, entertainment, location, pool and snack bar. About other points you mentioned to improve as the food I would like to inform you that we just have a new head cook to improve this point. Also it is true that from 10 am to 5 pm we have refurbishment works, but this was also a point we were needing to improve. Your security advice I will take note. So finally I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel and so you can check by yourself our improvements. I appreciate your comments. The Management.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Having read reviews on here ahead of our holiday, we were quite apprehensive of what we might find but all in all we had an enjoyable stay at the Columbus.

We quickly checked in and went down to the pool bar hoping to find some sort of entertainment but, as it was Sunday, there wasn't any as it was the rest day for the animation team (more about this later)

ROOM - checked in without any problems and we found our room to be suitable with TV (chargeable at 1 euro per hour) air-conditioning, safe as well as ample wardrobe and storage space for our belongings. Bed linen was changed just twice during our week-long stay but towels were changed every other day. Room was kept clean and tidy throughout. Reception staff could be more welcoming and pleasant.

FOOD - very good variety and quality at all meal times. Salad bar was excellent and the cooked meats and pasta on offer were superb. Always a range of fresh fruit as well as desserts also. Would recommend early visits to the restaurant as it does get rather crowded towards the final hour or so of opening. Staff very helpful and pleasant.

DRINKS - lager was very nice but, as with all AI hotels, only served in small plastic containers and each visit to the bar was restricted to two drinks. Generous measures given on spirits. Kids drinks were very good indeed. Many other drinks (cocktails, slushes, etc) were available at a charge. Bar staff very helpful and pleasant.

POOL - gets very busy and the 'battle' for sunbeds every morning resembled something from a sitcom! We had to set our alarms every day to ensure that we had a chance of getting enough beds as the hotel simply doesn't have anywhere near the amount required.

ANIMATION TEAM - very disappointing indeed. There was a daily water polo game for kids and another for adults as well as the occasional darts game and 'killer' pool but the most disappointing aspect was the lack of any real entertainment in the evenings. There was a mini disco (kids over the age of 8 would really struggle to enjoy it) and that was held in the room next to the pool bar (where it was swelteringly hot) but beyond that there wasn't anything else on offer. This is something that I would suggest needs addressing in the near future.

OTHER - there was a games room with pool table, bar football, air hockey, etc, a pay bar called 'The Pub', two more pool tables near the swimming pool, table tennis, gymnasium, hairdressers, shop, internet (Wi-Fi was very tempremental).

SUMMARY - The Columbus could potentially be a very good hotel but there are things, in my opinion, that need to change in order for me to return there for another stay for a family holiday. As it was, we had a good time but with a little more effort it could have been great.

Room Tip: * Request additional room keys on arrival as charges apply afterwards * Sunbeds are a premium and an early morning alarm is required if you want to get one reserved * Outdoor seating is also sparse and requires an early evening meal in order to avoid missing out
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barge78

First of all I would to thank you for your comments and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments of our weakness. So I wish you could see in the next future our improvements and have the oportunity to welcome you. The Management.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Well where to begin.......
I returned from The Columbus Aparthotel on Saturday after a week there with my sister (I'm 27, she is 25), and have never been so happy to be home. Before I went I read the reviews and thought people are only happy when they are moaning but how wrong could I be. On arrival at the hotel we were greated by a two ladies who were very nice, but it appeared they expected there to be 3 of us, the reception was clean, fresh and modern. We were given our room key and the woman just stood smiling at us and I think she expected us to know where we were going, I had to ask her which way we were supposed to go to get to our room. When the lift finally arrived (they were beyond slow) we got out on the 3rd floor room 318, I opened the door and was greeted by a cockroach, this immediately made me feel unhappy. The room was dirty and looked like it needed a good clean. I can honestly say I felt like crying.
The bathroom was dirty and the shower curtain was lower than the shower head so the floor got wet constantly.
We left our bags and went to look around the area, we also bought cockroach spray as I thought we were in for a long week. After finding some nice places out and about we tried to look at things in a different light, after all we only had to sleep there as we were self catering.
The bed were so old and used they had a dip in the middle you rolled into.
I accidentally broke a glass the first night and cleaned it up best I could but there was nothing in the room to sweep it up, needless to say it soon became apparent how well the room was cleaned each day as there was still bits of glass around the room the day we left. Our feet were constantly dirty as the floor needed a good clean.
The rooms had no air conditioning and got extremely warm during the day and at night keep something cool in the fridge.
As the holiday went on there were more cockroaches and several other types of bugs in the room. One afternoon we returned to a pile of bin bags outside our room left by the maids that were still there when we returned the following evening after a night at a few bars, needless to say the smell was disgusting. When they had finally been moved the dirty marks left from underneath them stayed as nobody bothered to mop the floor after.
I can't comment on the all inclusive food as we didn't eat at the hotel, but I can say it smelt like what I can only describe as 'hospital food'. We spoke to someone who was all inclusive and they said the food was vile. They were also staying on the all inclusive side of the hotel and said it was riddled with cockroaches and bed bugs.
The noise from the building work was extremely loud but was masked from the constant door banging and terrible road noise and beeping of car horns.
All on all the holiday was great, in a lively area and there are some great places to eat, but it was well and truly spoilt. I would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank trina_sankey
AparthotelColumbus, Gerente at Kn Aparthotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I feel very sorry you did not enjoyed our hotel as you expected. I would like to inform you that as you noticed we are in a process of refurbishment of our self catering rooms, hoping to be finished at the end of September. About your comments of cleanliness, I inform you that our housekeeper department is scheduled according our tour operator contract, 5 days room cleaning of room, 3 days towel change and 2 days sheets change for a stay of 7 nights. The room you reserved on the description we gave the tour operator is whithout air con. About the cockroaches on this time, due our clima we do our best to eliminate them but this matter it is really difficult to treat. In any case, despite everything, once our refurbishment has been finished I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again and show you our improvements using the comments of all our guests. The Management.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

came back 4 days ago after a family holiday. we stayed here 5 years ago and was supprised to find that the food choice had been reduced. The staff on the whole were ok so long as you ignore the gentleman in reception with the suit on whose ability to smile and helpfulness were somewhat off putting the rest were very good. The housekeeping staff left a lot to be desired obviously not the same staff as the other guests but we didnt give them tips daily. Nobody seems to mention that we were in the middle of a builbing site as a large number of rooms are being are being refurbished daily from monday to saturday with very loud drilling ,banging ,grinding which made dust. The hotel has been refurbised for a considerable time. The hotels answer for this noise was to play the music loudly around the pool area. If you are considering staying there shortly it may be worth checking if the work is completed but i cannot see this for a cosiderable time.other than that location is goog.

Room Tip: go for ground floor rooms with pool view eg. 701,702,703 etc This stops noice from rooms in main hotel as these rooms have no rooms above or below.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David S
AparthotelColumbus, Gerente at Kn Aparthotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

First of all thanks for your comments. We will consider all your comments to meet the head departments concerned and try to improve them by your comments. About the refurbishment please let me welcome you in the future in our hotel that you can see that the effort has worth it. The Management.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We Arrived at this hotel 29th of July till 8th aug, after reading all the bad reviews we as a family with a 11 yrs old was dreading going, however on arrival we where greeted by a very pleasent receptionist, who booked us straight in and urged us to go straight for our tea as we'd arrived late on!! The room was small but ample for the 3 of us to sleep shower and change which is all you use your room for, the all inclusive was fine granted did get repetitive after a week but which hotel doesn't unless you book 5 *! All staff where very friendly and there was great entertainment for adult and kids round the pool as well as a nite disco for the children followed by different shows, snake, birds parrots, and dance shows.... As for this hotel being for young and loads of stag and hens round the pool, is not the case at all. Over all this was a really good holiday and we enjoyed the whole experience at the Columbus... Tenerife it's self is a beautiful island and the Columbus is central to everything, including the aqua park, jungle garden which is a great deal on tickets 34 euro for both parks well worth a visit!! The Columbus has 2 great pools with a jaccuzi in the middle, it also had a pool round the back, there is also a hairdressers a spa and a bar on site where after hours you can pay for your drinks, a pizzeria plus an arcade what more do you want??? Yvonne cheshire

• Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Vony1970

By you comments I noticed you enjoyed not only our hotel, also the island. I am very pleased about. Your positive comments about our hotel, staff, position, entertainment, facilities make our team vey proud to be part of it. Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to show you our improvements. The Management.