Stayed with 2 friends, (all 18yrs old), first girly holiday abroad and the hotel made it perfect. Location is good, close enough to everything, but far enough away you can relax as well. Staff had good enough English to understand us, buffet was very good as well!
We went half board, and found we could eat enough breakfast to not have to buy lunch (we were on a tight budget!) and could last until evening meal. Nothing ran out and all seemed very well cooked, also a bit where you could get food freshly cooked in front of you, bit annoying about having to buy drinks in the evening, but understandable.
Pool was warm and clean, lifeguard on duty all day, enough sunbeds and umbrella's, also found a smaller private pool slightly away from the main one which was lovely.
Room was bright and clean, with a brilliant fan, it didn't make any noise so you could have it on overnight, and worked well, slightly annoying about having to pay for a safe, but we didn't need it in the end, hair-dryer in the bathroom as well which was good, no iron though- would be useful! Bed's also very comfortable.
Evening entertainment provided (didn't actually use it though) and things for children to do as well.
Overall, amazing hotel and would definitely return! Don't listen to the bad reviews! (No cockroaches as well, some people say they saw them, but we didn't! Also we didn't see any prostitutes, which some people also say they saw, but we didn't come across any!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas