“Amazing hotel and holiday”

Catalonia Oro Negro
liverpool
“Amazing hotel and holiday”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week 14th June-21st. We had a fantastic time, the hotel was clean and modern looking with really lovely staff! The meals were amazing, always something different and food could be cooked in front of you. Our room was basic but clean and tidy with a nice good sized bathroom and balcony. Really impressed did not want to leave! SO good for a 3* hotel. The pool area was nice and clean with plenty of beds, could have done with a bit of music for atmosphere but this is really minor and didn't make it less enjoyable! Entertainment was more for older people but there is plenty to do in the resort/by the beach which is so close so wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: Pool View rooms are nicer
2 Thank jameshLiverpool
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear meshLiverpool ,
Thank you very much for your nice words and feedback. They give us support to continue working everyday to improve our services and get our entire guests´ satisfaction.
I am pleased knowing that you enjoyed your holidays in our hotel, and think this an amazing hotel.
Domingo Pérez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. On arrival I was told my room was not ready. It was ten past two in the afternoon and check in was at two so the manager very kindly offered me a beer until my room was ready. No sooner had I had my first mouthfuls the receptionist came looking for me to tell me my room was ready. The room was nice and spacious and very clean. I visited the swimming pool on several occasions and each time there were sun beds readily available and the swimming pool was nice and clean. All the staff at the hotel were friendly and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Smoggy-boy1964
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Smoggy-boy1964,
Thank you very much for your nice words . Your feedback gives us support to continue working everyday to improve our services and get our guests´ satisfaction.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and think this is a pleasant hotel and all our staff is friendly.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just come back from staying at this hotel, very impressed clean hotel, only one thing though the waiters and waitresses could smile a bit more and be a bit more helpful and should follow the example of the head waitress never to much of a problem and always a beaming smile for everyone no matter the nationality. Also if you wish to change your evening meal to lunch make sure you inform reception (again they should tell you what timescale they need to change your evening meal to lunch) as we got a snotty waitress telling us that we should inform reception but when we arrived in the hotel we were not told at the time that reception needed to be informed to change meal times all that was said was that we could change the meals around.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and get more fresh air "
1 Thank TinkerbellDuck
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear TinkerbellDuck,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel in tripadvisor.com. Your comments give us support to continue working every day and hep us to improve our services and avoid mistakes.
I am pleased reading that you had a Fab holiday in our hotel.
I apologize if you felt some of our waiters or waitresses weren’t enough friendly. Our entire guests are very important for us, and all our staff work hard everyday to get our guests´ satisfaction.
I hope to welcome you again soon and many times in our hotel
aberdour
Reviewed 30 June 2013

As we were travelling from Scotland and arriving at 1 am, we pre-arranged a meal on-line which we were very grateful, We were allocated room 950, top floor looking out to sea and with a sunset to die for, this was going to be a great holiday. Booked in for 2 weeks, we enjoyed everything about this hotel, 10 different meals to choose from each evening, 3 of them on the hot plate, swimming pool well tended to with sunbeds scattered all around. A big plus was that all sunbeds around the pool were locked up until 10 am - no booking them with towels here then! Staff were helpful all the time and special thanks to the hard working waitresses and chambermaids who hardly get a mention in these reviews and a big big thanks to the entertainment team, Diago, Sonya and Alex, Kept us well entertained! Also, I saw in one person's review there was no kiddies pool, not true, there is a .5 metre pool at the side so maybe they didn't ask. I will certainly be back to this hotel

Room Tip: ask for 950 or any room on the 9th floor, excellent views of pool, atlantic sea and stunning sunsets...
1 Thank rangers012
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear rangers012,
Thank you very much for your positive words. Our guests´ feedback helps us to continue improving our services and get our entire guests´ satisfaction and it gives us support for our daily job.
I am pleased that in your arrival you had a cold dinner to welcome you as requested, and that you enjoyed everything about our hotel thinking this is a brilliant hotel.
I will pass your nice comments to our waitresses, chambermaids and our entertainment team. All of them do a great job.
I hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel. Thank you very much again.
Prescot
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Returned to the Oro Negro 20th - 27th June 2013 following a very enjoyable stay there first week in March 2013. Once again the stay there was very good. Hotel staff were excellent all the way through from the staff at reception to the dining room, the room servicing staff, pool attendents and the entertainment team. never saw anyone with a sullen face. The food was very good with a wide range of choices. The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. A few areas were becoming a little tired and would benefit from a refurbishment. Over all a really good experience and will definitely use this hotel in future.

Room Tip: Request pool view as other rooms look out over busy road although some do have view over golf course...
1 Thank graysave
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear graysave,
Thank you very much for your positive words. Your feedback gives us support for our daily job.
I am pleased that you had another very enjoyable stay, and think the staff is excellent, the food very good and the room very clean.
I take note of your suggestion of some refurbishment. We are working in it.
I will pass your nice comments to our staff.
I hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel. Thank you very much again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We booked this holiday over a year ago back in June 2012. We read a mixture of reviews good and bad but in my opinion you have to make your own mind up. Personally I thought it was an excellent hotel it was located well 5 minuet walk to the strip and you couldn't hear the noise from the strip. We was located on the 3rd floor in room 324 and it was fab we had a pool view and we never requested or previously asked for it what we got, which I thought was great. We went with my Mum and Dad for there 25th Anniversary and they was located on the first floor it was spacious and it had a big balcony (biggest out of all the rooms) this was also a pool view room 128, they also never asked it was what they put them in. During the time we went June 14th to 25th for the first 5 days or so it had a lot of Spanish but there was some British families and couples, towards the end the hotel had a lot of British people in. I had read that the towel wasn't changed regular but to my knowledge our towels got changed everyday. The rooms was cleaned everyday and tidy up.
pool:- The pool was great I had read that people said it was cold but when i went in it was cold when you first go in but after that it was fine, there is a lifeguard that patrols the pool and also all the areas around the sunbeds. If you are wanting the sunbeds around the pool they are chained up but the lifeguard unlocks them around 10:00, everyday we manage to get sunbeds around the pool and there was 4 of us we never had to rush down and sit on them like some people did. Even at 1:00pm after a walk we manage to get sunbeds around the pool. There are sun beds which are close the pool but they aren't around it they aren't chained up and you can get them when you like, there are even mattresses you can put on sunbeds, there is a signs saying they are for the white sunbeds only but I got one and put on blue one and the lifeguard saw me do it and never said a word. There is WIFI in the hotel but you have to be around the reception or bar area to get a good signal. You can sometimes lean over near your balcony to get a signal but not as strong.
Food:- There is a variety of choice of food, if your a fussy eater like me then you will find something, spaghetti, pasta, chips that kinda thing, but the only problem they have the same food near enough every night they variety the different meats they have from turkey, pork, fish and beef on the different nights. While we was there, there was mainly Spanish in the hotel we got told that cause there was more Spanish in the hotel then British they more catered for the Spanish same with the entertainment. The breakfast never changed was the same every morning, I enjoyed it making up my own (English) breakfast which filled me up. One thing that I thought was great was if you was half board if you wanted to change your evening meal to dinner then you could, I did this once and i thought was good, if you want to have dinner as well as your evening meal then you would pay 15 euros extra for as much food as you want. The only disappointment for me was the puddings they didn't have much puddings they had ice cream, mini cakes and jelly type of things which I thought was poor. Some nights they had custard but then there was nothing to go with the custard which I thought was odd. If you have young children and they are fussy eaters I wouldn't say there was a lot of food that catered for children if they eat anything then they'll be fine. The staff are friendly but I wouldn't say they was over friendly only when they came to clear the table or took your drink order. The tables some have cloths and some don't to what I could gather was that the ones with out the cloths was for the h/b and the other for f/b but it didn't really matter where you sat though. The entertainment team for the games during the day Diego and Alex was great the variety of games they put on and when me and my partner played shuffle board there was only me and him that was English so he explained what to do in Spanish and also In English so that every one was included. Personally for this being my first time to Tenerife and to this hotel I was very impressed and I would recommend this hotel to anyone as the hotel has a variety of people in it from families with young children to older children, young couples, older couples, and even elderly people it really has something for everyone I would deffo stay in this hotel again!!

When some people say bad things I think they forget that this is a 3 star hotel and it has 3 star standards if your paying average prices then expect a 3 star hotel and not 5 star.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Chloe M
Dear Chloe M,
Thank you very much for your nice words and time. Your feedback gives us support to continue working everyday to improve our services and get our entire guests´ satisfaction. Guests like you are our best ambassadors!
I am pleased that you had a Fabulous Holiday in our hotel and that you think this is an excellent hotel and say you would recommend us to anyone! Thank you very much!
Scotland
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here as a group of 20 for New Year. the hotel was clean and the food was consistent. Only let down was the pool, it was far too cold for anyone to enjoy. The staff were friendly and the beds were changed daily. New years eve gala lacked a bit, but good fun when your in a group. Kids were thoroughly entertained. Also a nice walk from here to all the other bars, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AJ18holidaylover
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear AJ18holidaylover,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel in tripadvisor.com. Your feedback gives us support to continue working every day and helps us to improve our services.
I am pleased reading that you enjoyed your New Year break in our hotel.
I take note of all your comments to get improvement
Domingo Pérez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
#15 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
TRYP Tenerife
TRYP Tenerife
#6 of 14 in Los Cristianos

Been to Catalonia Oro Negro? Share your experiences!