We absolutely loved this hotel.
We had stayed before in 2012,but after reading some reviews thought it had gone downhill..how wrong could we be..
Check in took a while we had booked to twin rooms but had requested an extra bed in our room(a couple travelling with my hubby's mum and our son)
Which they soon sorted out for us..we had requested the room we stayed in before (930) which was massive(cause of three of us being in there before) which we remembered had the best views..
The room was spacious and clean,fresh towels everyday (no holes in any of them).
The food was amazing..breakfast was the usual english(eggs fried/ boiled/scrambled or you could have a freshly made omelette or eggs) bacon,sausages,beans,cooked tomatoes.. 4 choices of cerial,breads,continental breakfast(toast,pastry s ,jam and butter),fresh fruit(melon,oranges,apples or bananas)...tea coffee hot chocolate,or a selection of fruit juices..
The evening meal was really good with fresh meat cooked to order chicken,pork chops ,beef, fish... Or a wide selection of make your own salads..
Chips,cooked potatoes,rice,vegetables,meatballs,casseroles,pasta and sauces.. Loads to choose from..
So you could make a starter.. Salad with crusty bread and pâté or soup also..
The desserts were okay..
Mainly fruit,ice cream,rice,custard & cream,a couple if nights they had some cakes for dessert
A big thank you to Simone who always has a huge welcoming smile for everyone,a credit to the oro negro, the other staff were always polite,but some didn't look very happy,but even one of the restaurant staff we remembered from the previous visit cracked a smile or two.
You do have to pay for drinks with the main meal also.
We didn't see any cockroaches at all during our stay(apart from outside the hotel)
The pool is a good size but quite cold..
No kettles or fridges in rooms,
We took our own kettle and cups tea and coffee etc, you can hire these from the hotel,we hired a fridge last time and it cost 40 euros but you get a 10 euro deposit back at the end of your stay.
The only downside of the oro negro is the wifi, it's free in the reception area,but unlike other places we have stayed you cannot get it in the bedrooms..maybe something the oro negro should think about installing on every floor.. They would make a fortune if all the young ones always in reception on there laptops,iPads etc is anything to go by!!
We really enjoyed our stay and will return to the oro negro in the future..
A real gem,and should be a four/five star hotel not just a three star.
We stayed for two weeks (April 15th to 29th) and the weather was amazing..
Oh and did I mention the view?
We had a 180 degree view of the sea,and if we went to the end of the balcony(wall side) we also had a lovely view of adeje
The sunsets over la gomera were amazing
Thank you all at the oro negro for a wonderful two week holiday we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves xxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas