Arrived home last night thank goodness , the hotel is a typical three star which requires updating especially the rooms, if you are lucky enough to get a premium room it's worth paying the extra.
The first room we were offered had a strong musty damp smell, when I asked to moved and offered to pay the male receptionist , he didn't speak just gave me a key to try another room which was furnished the same but no smell and a pool view which we accepted. Many of the floor tiles were loose and chipped I have the bruised toes to prove it, again receptionist not interested.
The food as other people have stated was good. Simone in the restaurant is I would say a great asset to the hotel as is the young receptionist who is on an internment both Smile and recognise you and always say Hello.
On our final day around 120 you music fans arrived at the hotel mostly Spanish, the rest that happened is too long to go on about, but I would ask Why the management couldn't control the noise which went on throughout the day and night, when I am told that this happens every year, I would also challenge the manager to sleep in the room we had and try and get some sleep as we were returning home next morning. This experience spoilt which up until had accepted the hotels downfalls. If you are going to the hotel and want a fridge in the room they charge 40 euros a week
You could buy a second hand one for that. The only saving grace was we didn't pay a lot for our stay but would rather of payed more and had a better experience. The hotel should let agents know what is going on in the hotel and let the customer choose if they want to stay when something like this is happening in the area. Not sure if it is the norm but sheets on the bed had holes in them and not changed in the 6 days we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas