Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel from the 20th-26th of April and had a fantastic time! My boyfriend had never been on holiday abroad before so it was a completely new experience for him being in a new country. I had read previous TripAdvisor reviews before going and had emailed the hotel and requested a room not on the ground floor. I had no response to my email but when we got there we were placed in a brilliant room. We were on the corner in room 738. It had views of the pool and sea to the front and on the left views of the mountain. We were stunned that we'd been so lucky to have a room with a great view.
We arrived quite late at around 9.15pm however they served dinner until 10 so we went to have some food. The choice was amazing! We discovered there were different meats on each day but definately something for everyone. There were steaks cooked right infront of you each night and the choice varied from salad to pizza to spaghetti to whatever you wanted. Breakfast was also the same buffet style and the choice there was excellent aswell! We couldn't believe how lucky we'd been!
The hotel location is also great. It's far enough away from the Veronica strip that it's reasonably quiet at night but it's also only a 10 minute walk to the beach and shops.
Overall we had an amazing stay! Can't say much about the entertainment because we were asleep quite early most nights due to having early starts and spent most of the days out of the hotel. One night we did have a look in and it was bingo for the mostly older guests so we decided not to go in.
Thank you to all staff at Oro Negro. We had a fantastic stay and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas