“Pretty Average”

Las Piramides
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Pretty Average”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Travelled here last October with two friends. Nice hotel, friendly staff, recommend for young groups or party goers not families. Only rating average as had to fight for sunbeds in October just makes me think what is it like over "high season" and the food wasn't anything special.

Would still recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good hotel, perfect for young couples wanting a cheap hotel in a excellent location, loads to do around and about hundreds of bars and restaurants in walking distance. Room cleaned and bed and towels changed 3 times a week, good pools and plenty of sun loungers. In walking distance of several beaches and some lovely views.

No air con, roudy People returning from clubs early hours, and stags getting drunk around the pool, if this kind of stuff bothers you, pay more money. Excellent value for money can't complain :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Naomi S
London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Arrived at pirimides and straight away phoned rep to move hotel!!!! Walked into lobby with a horrible stench...and wanted to leave straight away! Our rep was very helpful from travel republic and got us into palm beach club very promptly...although we had to stay our first night in pirimides, we went to eat dinner which the food was awful!! Unexplainable uneatable food! The smell around the whole hotel was horrible and also outside our room, you have to pay to use the tv which is tiny, the rooms are spacious but very old and dirty...we slept there and at 4am the false fire alarm went off, we just couldn't wait to be moved...however when we was moved to Palm beach club this was a very pleasant stay for 9 nights and loved every moment of the rest of the holiday, amazing location right on the beachh front! I would recommend everyone to stay at palm beach club! :)

2 Thank Jeyda25

Travellers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Brynmawr
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just got back from the piramides with my wife and son. We arrived at 12.15 pm and wasn't allowed into the room until after 2.00 pm. When we get to the studio room was disappointed to the quality of it, it was clean but small . 2 single beds and a pull out bed for my son who's feet nearly hanging over the end plus the bed slats were already cracked. It didn't have any fan but you could hire them. The 1 wardrobe wasn't big enough for 3 people, and was repaired where it has been damaged in the past. We had a good view over the pool though that made up for the room. The rooms were kept clean every day and towels changed regularly so that side was a plus. The hotel just needs modinization. It's location is a little far away from the beaches and probably took about 10 - 15 mins walk to the nice beaches. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel. We were self catering so not sure what the food in the hotel was like? Pool area was nice and clean and the little shop was good for snacks and food we needed. The wifi in the hotel was rubbish compared to our country. It cost 20 euros for 1 device. So we got 2 for an I pad and my sons phone. 1 tip I would suggest is buy 1 and swap it back and forth the devices once they have timed out on the previous device as 20 euros is a rip off. All in all we had a good holiday probably wouldn't stay here again but for the price we payed was appropriate. I would give it a 3 star rating overall but a 2 for accommodation. We have stayed in the parque Santiago 3 previously which in my opinion is a 4 star compared to the piramides, and is closed to everything you would need. So all I can say is you pay for what you get. Thanks

Derby
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Good hotel. In a good location. Couldn't decide if it was a family hotel or a "lads" holiday hotel. There was a healthy mixture of both.

Rooms were very good. Except for the shower which leaked and turned the bathroom floor into a health hazard.

The pool was really good! Only complaint lack of sun beds.

There was a hornets nest on our balcony. We informed staff but they never removed it. The receptionist just said " I'll sent the cleaner" poor cleaner. So we had to keep our balcony door shut all week. It was either that or get stung to death. No brainer.

Food wasn't anything to write home about. But I'm writing this now so I didn't starve.

On a side note the hotel is about a 15 walk of the arona beach. Best beach I've been to! Fantastic set up!

4 Thank Jwedge321
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Well after reading so many bad reviews before I went away I was so worried I went on the 25th July till the 7th with my husband daughter 13 son 7 we had a fantastic holiday every member of staff was fantastic apart from one bar Spanish staff he was very rude maids come in room every day with fresh towels cleaned if we wanted it cleaned only thing wasn't much for kids at night but we went to local bar with them they did say the lady had not long started and they were sorting more things for kids pools were very clean no problems getting beds food was nice Siam park lora park aqua land monkey park are must fantastic days out would defo go back to hotel if went to tenerife again

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank goldiecrewe
Castleford
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from a 10 night stay and we absolutely loved it! Do not listen to all the poor reviews.
I am a very fussy eater and there was only one day where I didn't like the food! There was a lot of choice every day with different meats etc! However I didn't reckon much to the puddings!
All staff were really friendly and worked hard to serve drinks quickly when the bar was busy!
Room was lovely and spacious with a nice view. Towels were changed often and room kept clean except I would have liked the floor mopped more often.
Plenty of sunbeds which are in really good condition! People who complain about not getting one clearly didn't get up before half 10.
I would definitely stay again I think it's great value for money and in a good location!
My only complaint is that there was no amaretto at the bar!

14 Thank Abiabis