“Perfect for what we wanted!”
Review of Las Piramides

Las Piramides
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago with my friends, we were after a chilled out relaxing holiday but with the option of going out at night. The hotel is In a perfect location literally a five minute walk to the Veronica strip , restaurants and shops.
The hotel itself I think is absolutely fine, I mean you pay for what you get some people expect way too much! The room was good, had two single beds plus a sofa bed , a huge balcony , kitchenette and bathroom with toilet and shower. It was cleaned pretty much every day and we given fresh towels. Before I stayed at this hotel I did read a lot about break ins , we had no problems like this , we're just made sure we locked all the doors etc and took our valuables with us.
The food we were really impressed with especially the breakfast! We tried to make the breakfast every morning no matter what time we got in the night before ! Breakfast was a full English selection, with the option of cereal, toast , fruit and pastries. Dinner was again fine, I don't eat meat so was a little bit disappointed to see all the rice, pasta salads etc and meat in. I didn't starve though they had a good selection of salad, always chips, pasta and crusty bread. I can't comment on the lunch as we were half board but I assume it was the same as dinner.
I don't know how people struggled to fine sun beds as we never really had that problem and wen weren't going to the pool till about 11ish. The pools themselves are nice there's one main pool and then a smaller shallower pool around the corner. There are more pools to this hotel as we were told in our rep meeting however we didn't use them so can't comment.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here obviously there is room for improvement that's why it's a 3 star but for what we payed and wanted it was perfect! I would say there was a wide range of age groups including families, couples etc however I personally wouldn't come on a family holiday here not because of it being for younger people necessarily but because there's nothing to do for kids and even in tenerife there isn't a lot to do.

Room Tip: Visit the Siam water park - amazing day out !!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Chloe G
Write a ReviewReviews (3,118)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Well, where do I start? The hotel as a base camp was fine, but there is NO WAY I would ever think of going back. They say that you get what you pay for but I have spent far less on holidays and they have been absolutely amazing. This is a great hotel if you just want to party all night and sleep all day - so you don’t have to sit around the main swimming pool that to be perfectly honest has a constant smell of raw sewage, or sit and eat the same food that is served every single day. I could sit here now and tell you exactly what they will be serving for lunch this afternoon and I’m not even there!
There were so many complaints made about the disgusting smell around the swimming pool but nothing was ever done about it, they just wrote the comment in a book and left it at that.
The all inclusive for drinks was ok, just your bog standard drinks but the cocktails that they offered on the AI were shocking, didn’t taste one little bit like what they were supposed to taste like, and the only thing that really did annoy me was that it didn’t matter if you were standing in a queue for 20/25 mins waiting for people to be served at the bar, as soon as it got to 11pm that was it, you weren’t getting a drink. I thought that was very unfair after waiting so long. They should actually make it where you can't queue any time past 10.45pm then those people who got there in time actually got their drink rather than waiting for like 1/2 hour and still walking away with nothing.
The rooms were clean though, I could not find fault with the cleaners on that one. But they were very basic and you had to pay to watch the TV! I didn’t bother with that but I spoke to a family who did and they said the only channel that they could find was ITV so I guess there isn't much point anyway. It was ok as I was just with my husband but if you had kids then it might have been a bit more annoying.
You had to start queuing at 8am ready for the doors to the swimming pool to be open at 9am otherwise you wouldn’t be getting a sun bed that day as well. It kind of reminded me of the Next sale where people stampede in order to get a sun lounge, and its really difficult if you want to have more than three or want an umbrella.
There is absolutely no entertainment in the hotel. NONE. One night I saw a man walking around with a couple of snakes and another night there was a guy with a couple of owls but to say that I was there for 10 nights I think that the lack of entertainment was disgraceful!
We got so fed up of the hotel and the area in the end that we actually went and stayed in our friend’s hotel as they had an apartment up in Playa Fanabe for two nights and went self catering!
So the check out tie is 12pm, it is 30 euros if you want to keep your room on but your all inclusive bands will be cut off so you cant have any more drinks on All Inclusive or go in for lunch - so you are buggered if you have a late flight. We managed to get some bands off another family that got away with not giving up their bands and just held them together with a safety clip around our wrists. At the end of the day i have paid for that holiday until I get on my transfer to the airport!
All in all we made it into a great holiday by going on different trips - renting a boat with friends and going whale watching and snorkelling with the turtles, spending days at the beach and going out for nice meals, but I wouldn’t be going back to Playa De Las Americas again, and certainly not back too that hotel!

On a brighter note, Martini restaurant is absolutely amazing and is just opposite the hotel. I would recommend that to anyone.
Wok Hong Kong is also a really nice Chinese buffet where you can chose all your food fresh and they cook it for you.
Happy Holidays!

Room Tip: If you have a family then try not to get a room over looking the main pool. That way you don't g...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireNo1
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my friend for a week - it was fine for what we were looking for. A cheap hotel, in a good spot. The location is ideal with all amenities within a 5 minute walk, and slightly better and more upmarket restaurants shops etc within a 10 minute walk. The staff were particularly helpful with any queries, but I felt sorry for the team behind the bar. They worked politely and quickly. The room was basic but had a fridge which was all we really needed after beds and a bathroom! It was cleaned regularly and to a high standard. We were near the lift and expected to hear a lot from people passing by, but it was generally pretty quiet.

There were downsides. The wifi cost 20 euros per device for a week, meaning it was actually cheaper for me to use data on my phone for a week than it was to use the hotel's wifi - that's a bit of a joke. The tv needed €1 per hour, but probably a good thing as it meant we didn't watch any tv. The room was a sweatbox, even with the balcony door kept open. The queues at the bar were often long (10 minutes) but this is only due to the number of staff on the bar, not the efficiency of the staff which I can't fault. One more person serving would have helped a lot. The food was generally poor. A reasonable selection of salad and the flame-grilled meat was always flavoursome, but the rest of the cooked food was usually overcooked and bland. We ended up eating out about 50% of the time as we couldn't face pretty much the same meal on a nightly basis, but we expected that. The rammy for sunbeds was a pain, with a queue forming for the pool by 9 am every morning - if you weren't down by 9.30, you weren't getting a lounger.

None of these issues were dealbreakers, just a bit annoying but for the price you can certainly live with them all. Cannot fault the value for money, particularly due to the location.

Overall it was good for me and my mate looking for a cheap holiday with drinks included, but I would only come back here with the boys. Not somewhere to come for a romantic trip or with a family.

Room Tip: Room high up, facing away from the main pool is probably best for a bit of quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stu D
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having read reviews I was slightly unsure but after arriving and being checked in I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean the staff were great the location was perfect. I went with my wife and my 4 kids aged 2,4,6,11. The food was good no complaints my kids are everyday every meal. The staff were brilliant and treated my kids really well. Look for John, Damien and Jesus they were fantastic. Our room was big and spacious just opposite the kids play area and a short walk to rebekah pool. Yes admittedly there is not really any proper kids entertainment but my kids still had fun but if they improved this then I would improve. I am already thinking about rebooking as kids want to go back.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank bourksta
Reviewed 24 August 2014

After reading reviews I was a bit apprehensive about staying here but for a group of girls this hotel was completely ideal, the rooms were nice and big and everything worked. Although a bit basic for the price we paid it was absolutely fantastic and perfect for young people. It's only a 5 minute walk from the strip and the beach and theres a supermarket inside the hotel which was very handy! The food was samey but very nice and again for the price paid it was far beyond expectations :)

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Elegia12345
Reviewed 24 August 2014

my family and i have just returned from a 10 day stay in las piramides,food was ok, no fans in rooms so very uncomfortable at night, you can hire air unit at 80 euros a week, rooms were tidied 5 days a week but not cleaned as balcony left only beds made and bin emptied and sheets only changed once a week, on the website it states entertainment but as the entertainment girl explained she has to work the bar most of the time. very little staff on the bar who where all great but with massive cues in the heat and bar closes at 11 its not worth the hassle, our son nearly drowned in the pool and thanks to a fast acting spanish man on holiday he was ok, a complaint was made by the man and the hotel director would be in touch to speak to us, he never arrived, not even to check our boy was ok, no lifeguard, a sign saying no lilos but the pool was full of them,gate was locked to the pool and opened again at 9am with a reception full of people then making a stampede for beds. Overall the sunshine wonderful the bar and restautrant staff friendly but for a family this hotel is not good and would not recomend anyone to stay here

Room Tip: we had a pool view but fights in the room opposite for three nights we had to call security i would...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mummyoffive
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Clean, friendly, good value for money, ticks all the boxes.
Just remember it's cheap, good value for money, you get what you pay for.
Thoroughly enjoyed. You are close to the playas, but far enough for them as to not hear the noise at night.
I recommend fully.

Room Tip: Room on the front for quietness.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends