“"WELL DONE LAS DALIAS"”

Iberostar Las Dalias
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Another fantastic holiday at Las Dalias, the only gripe we had was that the room wasnt cleaned properly and was never left enough towels for the first few days, a quick visit to reception and the problem was resolved the next day! Going back next year!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floore.
1  Thank oliver0121
Write a ReviewReviews (4,849)

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Arrived late so missed evening meal, was given sandwiches and a glass of fizz on check in.
Rooms basic and could do with decorating but clean enough. Bed was hard and even with big blanket under sheet it was still too hard to sleep properly. Sheet kept getting crumpled and uncomy as they where too small for bed and some had holes in (4* ?). But hey ho you really only sleep in your room.
We had a pool view which was nice and air con worked well as it was very hot.
The food was excellent we where spoilt for choice and so where the staff who where all very helpful and friendly. The animation team were not pushy as I hate the Butlins approach to holiday which we seem to get everywhere. If you didn't want to join in the left you alone which was great.
My 10 year old loved the inflatables in the pool and the maxi club.

The all inclusive was suberb and we used to sit in the top bar with the singers as opposed to watching the shows although my daughter loved them.

Not enough sun beds is my only gripe - You have to be down at pool side for 7.45 and then its a rugby scrum for beds. There is a clip on youtube but is doesn't do it justice to when the hotel is full.

The gym was basic for husband and it was busy.

All in all a good hotel if you have children

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Weve just got back last night from the las dalias, i"ll start by saying that 99% of the staff work really hard and they"ve got to as they"re on skeleton staff here and its shocking to watch.. They deserve a gold medal never mind a wage!
Me & the Missus went and our complaints with this hotel are the cockroaches on the landings and in your room are the size of a mans index finger.. the one or two i caught had tattoos haha.. But seriously there big.. Sometimes no plates at the dinner buffet.. not good.. cold soup a couple of times..dirty carpets around the landings..The maid that cleaned our room never cleaned the bath 3-4 times over 10 nights.. A big thing for us was the towels that the maids changed daily stank of vinegar everyday..No joke..Certain towels weren"t replaced at all most days.. Sun loungers had bird poo on them for days at a time... Shocking.. Were not normally complainers and are real working class people who think when you pay for 4 star you ought to get 4 star.. As i say the staff were rushed off there feet and would have probably done more if they could.. Oh and mustn"t forget there wasn"t any gas in the lager.. Poor effort when your all inclusive.. All in all this place needs a serious makeover to class itself as 4 star in my opinion.. Wouldn"t bother going back to las dalias.. Poor show from a so called big hotel chain... We also lost some items of jewellrey on our last day only to find when we phoned up to see if they could help by looking in room etc. Miguel on reception gave us the impression he didn"t have time to look..Shocking from a professional outfit..We phoned back and asked him to check in the downstairs luggage room.. The joker put the phone down.. tut tut poor effort Iberostar

Room Tip: 2nd floor pool view.. you can watch the entertainment till 2230 if u like
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarlisleTorreboy
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel and for the time and effort you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay so we can take your vision into consideration to enhance our guests’ experiences among us.

Further, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the exceptional difficulties with the cockroaches. However, we would like to inform you that we do have in place an established infestation treatment plan and we have been working intensely on this specific problem and have resolved this problem now. Given the vast expanse of gardens which provides our guests with a huge internal open space and the climatology of Tenerife, the presence of insects is unavoidable. In the punctual event of localizing an infestation in a room, our housekeeping department undertakes an in-depth cleaning in conjunction with an adequate treatment to minimalize the inconvenience.

Moreover, for IBEROSTAR thorough cleaning is an absolute must and we want to apologize for not fulfilling your expectations. For future occasions we strongly encourage you to contact our reception in case you find any shortage and we will be enchanted to adjust any situation which is not in accordance with our established standards, however we would like to point out that our hotel collaborates to the respect of the environment, this is why in your room you can find a card explaining how to ask for your linen and towels to be changed: the card has to be placed on the bed and the towels in the bathtub to have them replaced.

It is very unfortunate to read that we weren´t able to transmit how important it is to us and how much we care about our personnel being absolutely guest orientated and helpful in every way. Nevertheless, we would like to point out that in order to avoid uncomfortable situations, suspects against our employees, gaps of credibility or lack of confidence by our customers; we do offer safes to all our guests. We are awfully sorry about the incident but without the relevant complaint made to the police there is very little that we can do; therefore we can only suggest you to contact the police. Of course, we remain alert and we will undertake the necessary and appropriate measures in case of detecting that such a serious infringement is committed by a staff member.

On the other hand we thank you for your highlight on the efforts of our staff to be helpful and guest oriented at all times, we will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf for their professionalism and their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

Once again, thank you for your visit and constructive critics, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of serving you again in our IBEROSTAR hotels worldwide at your earliest convenience.

Kindest Regards,
IBEROSTAR Las Dalias

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here in 2007 and loved it so when we were thinking of booking Costa Adeje again we both agreed on this hotel. Although the restaurants, food, pool area and reception were 4 star the rooms were not. The décor is starting to look tired and the rooms are not family friendly. We booked for 5 adults which consisted of myself, my hubby, our two teenage daughters and my mum. I was on the understanding that my daughters and their nan would have a one bedroomed room and that would give mum a bit of privacy. They do not have such rooms, the room they were allocated was a twin room with a put me up bed stuck in the corner. There was hardly any room to move once this bed was in the room so we asked for a bigger room and was told we would have to pay 15 Euros per night for a bigger room. We were offered to go and look at the bigger room before we agreed so we did; the bigger room was a bit bigger and had 4 beds in it but there was more floor space to walk. If mum wanted privacy they would move them to adjoining rooms and we would have then had to pay for a whole new room!! Think I would avoid this hotel if I had a small family as there is no privacy at all with the rooms. Food excellent and most of the staff are polite. Have stayed in many Iberostar hotels in the past and this is the least desirable but not terrible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your returning visit to our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel and for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay, so we can improve our services and enhance our guests’ experiences among us.

We deeply lament your disappointment on the room however we would like to point out that there is a full description of our room types and for instance we do have double connecting family rooms which are the best choice for large families. They are two double rooms connected through a private door, a perfect solution for parents to keep an eye on their children while maintaining privacy. They can accommodate up to 6 guests, 3 in each room; we strongly encourage you to contact our call center on a future occasion to be able to help you choose the accommodation that best fits all your family needs and wishes.

On the other hand we are glad to read that our gastronomy offer did meet your expectations as in IBEROSTAR our expert team of Chefs strive for excellence and to offer a wide variety of typical local and international delights in order to please all palates and make our cuisine one of the best value added aspects of your holiday among us.

Last but not least, we thank you for your nice comments towards our staff, their kindness and helpfulness being our hotels’ main strength; we will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf.

Once more, we want to thank you for your constructive critics and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again ensuring you in advance of our utmost care and dedication.

Kindest Regards,
IBEROSTAR Las Dalias

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Ok this is note really about the las dalias but more about their booking system. I have been to the las dalias 7 times and i am about to go again for the 8th time. Iberostar is an excellent brand and wherever you go if you stay in one of these hotels you will always get good service and value for money.
The Iberostar las dalias is no exception. The reception staff are polite and efficient and very helpful. Rooms are excellent, basic but perfectly adequate. Food in the restaurant is really very good and something for everyone hence the value of all inclusive. The animation team work tirelessly to ensure a high standard of entertainment. So all in all a really good value hotel. Ok review over and now a warning.
DO NOT BOOK ANY IBEROSTAR HOTEL USING THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE IN SPAIN. I had to ring this customer service centre last Friday to cancel one booking and make a new one, as one of our party had gone sick. To change anything you have to go through the call centre as i did. I spoke to a nice helpful young lady who changed my booking and asked for my credit card details again to cover any charges for a `no show`. I explained that the card used originally had been cancelled and I had another one now so I gave her the card number, expiry date and security code of the back.
This card is brand new so this is the first time I have given out these details but the call centre lady did not know that. I received an e-mail with my change of booking.
However on Sunday I was alerted by my credit card company to say that the card had been refused and permanently blocked when `someone` attempted to use it to buy a large amount of riding equipment from America and had given my name, my card number and expiry date and security code, but the banks system suspected a fraud and thankfully blocked it.
So ther really can be no doubt whatsoever that the person who attempted to use my card details, if not the young lady in the call centre herself, got them from the Iberostar Customer service centre in Spain. Book using this call centre at your peril. I personally would not let it put you off booking but recommend you use an agent such as Alpha rooms.com. I am sure that if you use their web site to book where you do enter your credit card these details may be encrypted and so may be safe. The danger is giving the details to a person, who then uses them in a fraud. You have been warned so come on Iberostar investigate what has happened here.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here last year for the first time and liked it so booked for this year, I don't think I will stay again!!!!! The
Hotel should be good and is placed well in the resort however, it was an absolute NIGHTMARE round the pool area in a morning getting sunbeds..... People were actually saving beds at 7.30 am!!!!!! and not just one or two but dozens at a time???
The evening entertainment was set outside on the open-air stage....And the same SELFISH people would eat their evening meal and send the KIDS!!!! to save 12 seats YES!!!! 12 seats... along with other people who also wanted to SAVE seats???
My reaction - NO BOTTOM ON THE SEAT - THEN IT IS VACANT!!!!
I have paid to be a guest just like everyone else, which led to me being upbraided on more than one occasion..
To add insult to injury the bar staff did not check on guests who did not display the ALL INCLUSIVE wrist band, guests could get drinks and food all day and night without being monitored as an Al Inclusive guest!!!! On numerous occasions whole families were drinking and eating all day without the regulation wrist band on!!!!!
Perhaps this is the reason all the measures of drinks had been reduced since last year

Room Tip: Never go above the third floor - you will never get a lift Wardrobe hanging leaves a lot to be desi...
3  Thank G H
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Although we feel sorry to read that your stay at our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion, we are grateful for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay so we can take your vision into account to improve in our daily services and keep on guaranteeing beautiful holidays’ experiences to every single guest.

We read your comment on the service at the bar very carefully and we would like to take this occasion to explain how our outlets work for our guests staying on half board: All guests not staying on an all-inclusive treatment of course have to pay for their drinks, as we do not use cash at our bars, when a half board guest, clearly not wearing the wristband, orders a drink , he is made to sign a receipt for the drink to be charged on his room and to be paid at the time of check out, we can only imagine that you have had the impression that they didn’t pay because you didn’t see a money exchange but we want to reassure you on the fact that all guests staying on a different treatment than All Inclusive do pay for their consumption.

Moreover, we lament hearing that during your stay we clearly weren’t able to ensure the following of our hotel rule forbidding the reservation of sunbeds by the pool, unfortunately as not all guests are equally respectful and especially during high season, we may have had difficulties to have this rule respected; we apologize for the inconvenience and we commit to revise how to improve on this particular point.

We deeply regret hearing that your last stay in our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias was not as enjoyable as the first one and would be enchanted to welcome you again if you ever decide to honor us with a new visit, ensuring you in advance of our utmost care and dedication.

Warmest Regards,
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here in June and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I thought I'd break it down into chunks:

Reception - We were offered champagne or orange juice at reception and check in was quick and painless.

Room - We were given room number 323 which I highly recommend to anyone as it's on the third floor, the same floor as reception, and a corner room with a large balcony with loungers.

The room was cleaned daily and fresh towels were left. There's a mini fridge which is handy for keeping bottled water cool. A flat screen tv with remote so you can keep up with Coronation Street... haha. A bottle of champagne and fruit was left for us in our room as this was our fourth visit.

Food - Something for everyone - no complaints.

Entertainment - the Animacion staff work tirelessly from morning till night and try to get people involved with various daytime activities, without being pushy. Night time entertainment was a mixture of professional as well as Animacion staff shows. ie they did a Queen show.

Drinks - staff were quick to serve drinks and appreciated my novice Spanish. Only downside is they no longer make the cocktails but give you this ready made liquid in a glass of ice so it's a bit like getting a Slush Puppy. A Mojito Slush Puppy.... hmmm

Just one grumble... smoking. I know a lot of people enjoy a cigarette, and outside they are perfectly entitled to, however, I wish they had a No Smoking Area as some people joined our table and started smoking, even though I'd moved away the ashtray and stated that I'm Asthmatic. Did that stop them lighting up??? No. We had to move tables which was rather unfortunate.

Room Tip: Room 323 on the corner of the third floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynda23B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#16 of 61 in Costa Adeje
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
1 mi away
Iberostar Anthelia
Iberostar Anthelia
#5 of 61 in Costa Adeje

Been to Iberostar Las Dalias? Share your experiences!