“Nice 3 stars hotel with slight housekeeping, internet and entertainment problems, but lots of food”

Iberostar Las Dalias
GreenLeadersGold level
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying there for 9 days for family holidays, so could see the hotel service in all aspects.
Firstly, the staff was friendly and really attentive. the hotel is huge, there are always many people, but the staff seems to manage everything. However, I must admit this is not 4star hotel, 3 stars... maybe:)

HOUSKEEPING. Well, this is where the problems begin. it is obviously they have problems with it. It was strange to see that housekeepers were busy early in the morning, but by the time we were coming back from our activities (arround 3 pm) , the room was not done yet. If done, you cannot see any difference, apart making your bed and taking the waste out.

POOL. opening hours (9 am - 6.30 pm). for me it was disappointing, as you have no chance to do small exercise in the pool before breakfast. Usually pool area is crowded, but the pool itself seemed quite nice and tidy.

FOOD. they offer quite large range of the food for buffet menu. Restaurant staff was extremely lovely. sometimes you can see the plates (where you are taking them to put your food on) not quite clean... i do understand - dishwasher..
Moreover, i still do not understand this - we have booked half board deal. So the drinks for dinner was extra. even table water. well, ok. But prices then are quite high - 2,5 EUR for water. i think it is worth to raise the price for the half bard, but at least offer a glass of water. I liked the idea, that they have a dress code for restaurant and strictly follow it - men with long trousers. But c'mmon guys - if it is as you rate 4star hotel restaurant, so food must be a bit better, you cannot see any not clean plates to offer your customer, and then you do not count each glass of table water you serve..
INTERNET. you get half an hour free internet in the lobby each day. But internet is too slow..
ENTERTAINMENT. well.. i have attended a few.. There was a show of three tenors, was kind of nice and the one i liked the most, however there was only one out of three who really sang.. I liked the magic show.. But there was another show, that made me more than surprise.. entertainment group made a show Mamamia, the concept was, that the cd was playing the music, they pretended they sing and acted. I could not believe this is happening:) it was such disaster... i even thought i could do better many times singing it lively than you are pretending singing with CD like little kids do, as it is obviously means that you guys on stage even do not know what to do.. Anyway, since the football champ was on, we took the opportunity to see it next bar with nice company.

Stayed June 2014

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ievaras
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel and for the time you spent to share your feedback on your stay.

We read your comments on our housekeeping staff with our utmost attention and apologies of your experienced any inconsistency in our service; we however would like to point out that our housekeeping staff undertakes a thorough cleaning of all accommodations on a daily basis and this is ongoing until 16.00 in the afternoon, we encourage you for future occasions to request an early cleaning through our reception desk, we will be happy to satisfy your wishes.

We also took good note of your comments on our plates and cutlery and were quite surprised as before the opening of the restaurant, our Chefs, Maître and waiting staff revises all tableware to ensure that everything is spotless; we lament not being informed about this onsite and here again, invite you for future occasions to point out any imperfection to our maître and management present throughout every service.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we regret we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion.

On the other hand, we appreciate your kind words towards our staff, their kindness and helpfulness being one of our hotel's main strengths we will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

Our goal is to assure our guests feel comfortable and fully enjoy their visits. We are eager to regain your confidence during another occasion if you gave us that chance.

IBEROSTAR Las Dalias

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and picked it based on its location, price, facilities and all-inclusive deal. It is one of the tallest hotels in the area and we were lucky to get a room with a pool/sea view which was lovely.

This is a very large hotel with 9 floors and many many rooms so if you want something more intimate this is not a good choice. I had never been to Tenerife before, nor have I been on a cruise ship, but I got a cruise ship feeling about this place.

Upon check-in at reception, we were offered a welcome drink which was a nice touch. Check-in was relatively fast and easy, as was check-out.

The second day we were there, right after we came back from breakfast, we were offered a large fruit bowl and wine which was nice but very strange not to offer this to us when we first arrived? As we were going out we did not have a chance to drink or eat it and as I don't drink we had to leave the wine untouched, and some of the fruit behind.

Overall the hotel was nice, the sunbeds area can be a bit crowded but not many people use the pool much so you can use it quite easily without being crowded. The nightly entertainment was a nice touch, good for a bit of a laugh and good time.

The buffet, while not the best I've ever had, was adequate and had a lot of variety and changed slightly daily. I think the more I got used to it, the more I liked it. I managed to finish everything on my plate and knew what to take and what not to take.

The most disappointing thing was the room and housekeeping.

If this was a 3 star hotel I would be very happy... but... They claim this is a 4 star hotel but what 4 star hotel does not have ANY of these things: bathrobe, slippers, tea/coffee making facilities, facial tissues in the bathroom, no plastic bag liner in the rubbish bin in the bathroom (ew), no shampoo (separate to body wash), no cotton pads or cotton buds, no sewing kit, no toothbrush or toothpaste, no hand lotion, no iron and ironing board, no spare plastic bags...

As well as that, there was only ONE powerpoint in the bedroom, or 2 if you include the shaver one in the bathroom. If you unplug the tv and fridge that still only gives you 4 total in the entire room which is not enough if you have 2 people with a lot of electronic devices. It was annoying having to swap and wait...

Also, there is not a proper desk anywhere. I wanted to work on my computer and the seat is located right under the tv. There was only barely enough space on the tv table for my 13" laptop computer in front of the tv. As well as that, when the seat was out, there was no way anyone could walk across the room. They would have to climb over the bed!

But worst of all was housekeeping. Every day after they supposedly cleaned the room, I found hairs on the bathroom floor. I got the feeling they didn't do anything apart from making the beds. The third night we were there, we ran out of body wash/shower gel (which is attached to the shower wall with a plastic holder, as they did not refill it during the day and then on the fourth night, I was just about to take a shower when I realised that the shower gel bottle was totally missing! Obviously they meant to change it for a full one but forgot!

So we rang reception who asked housekeeping to bring us some. I expected her to put it in the holder in the wall but she just gave it to us, along with a bunch of fresh towels, a bath mat, and hand soap (which we never asked for). Prior to her arrival I had already laid out the bath mat. After she left I took a shower but after I stepped out of the shower, the bathmat was gone. I realised she must have taken it with her (but did not replace it with a new one). I found this so-called 'service' absolutely ridiculous.

On my last night I realised that one of my ear plugs from the bedside table had gone missing. I know I put 2 there as I had done so every other night before (who the heck wears only 1 earplug?). I looked everywhere but could not find it. I guessed that the cleaner had accidentally knocked it off while she was making the bed. Although they are not expensive they are not the generic kind, and I don't appreciate personal things going missing due to carelessness.

I get the feeling that most people who work in the hotel totally don't enjoy working there at all and don't care about customer service. We were also told wrong information by two different reception staff.

It would be easier for us to look up the information by ourselves on the internet if it actually worked. It is free per device for 30 mins per day (only in reception/lobby area). But it is so slow it feels like only 5-10mins. We paid 7 euros for one 24 hour period to be able to use it in our rooms, and it was only marginally better. There was no way I could even upload more than 1 photo. However, I have never come across a hotel in Spain with decent wifi internet so I can't say this problem is just for this hotel.

I said this for another Spanish hotel, and I'll say it again for this one. I feel like the hotel caters for older people or people who never use any electronic devices and don't care about having good, fast, wifi internet. If those things are not important to you, then it's a great hotel (apart from housekeeping issues).

I would give top marks for the restaurant, the food (and efficient restaurant staff) and entertainment, but the rest was quite disappointing. I would probably stay here again if they got better staff who knew how to do their job well.

Room Tip: Pool view, not carpark view.
1 Thank champhoto
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel for your holidays in Tenerife and for the time you spent to share your feelings on your stay; at IBEROSTAR we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review.

We took good note of your comments on our housekeeping service and passed them on to our head of department for information and revision; we lament not being informed about these issues onsite as we would have been able to assist you; for future occasions please do not hesitate to contact our reception to point out any service imperfection. Customer orientation and guest satisfaction is our main goal, this is why we deeply regret reading your comments on service; our staff is chosen accordingly to a specific profile and is fully committed to ensure that all guests are enjoying their stay at our hotel; we lament we were not able to convey this sense of service on this occasion and can only assume that this was mainly due to a language barrier; our maids are not required to speak languages, as all communication is made through our reception.

Coffee/tea making facilities are not a standard in 4 stars hotels in Spain and we do not provide this service for health and safety reasons; however our guests have the possibility to use our bars and restaurant from 07.00 am to 12.00 am.

On the other hand, we are glad to read your satisfaction with the variety and quality of our buffets, the gastronomy being an important aspect for IBEROSTAR, our talented Chefs do their utmost to please all palates; It is enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we are glad to read that this was a pleasant aspect of your stay among us.

Thank you again for your visit and constructive critics; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your confidence during another occasion.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

While I was staying at the iberostar las dalias I found the staff to be very kind and welcoming and always happy to help... the problem is the people that stay there they seem to think they are better than you ... this annoyed me as my 2 year old was told off by a guest for going to get ice cream from inside while with her dad saying she wasn't allowed! however the hotel cant be resonsable for the people they have stay!
The cleanliness of the hotel was amazing the pool and pool side were cleaned every morning and kept to a check list inspection.. this was nice to see!!
The food was lovely and even and even had some meat cooked on demand for you which I found great as I love my food :)
also table service for drinks with your evening meal so you don't have to worry about going and getting drinks

The only downfall that the hotel IS the childrens centre they have running!
Its disguting how bad the reps are with the children they don't fully interact they don't take the time to get to know them and they don't care about their safety this really needs improvement if they want families to continue going to their hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

2 Thank Jayne M
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Jayne,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel for your family holidays in Tenerife and for the time you spent to review your overall stay at our hotel.

We were however very surprised to read your comments on our Mini Club staff as they do not reflect the usual feedback we receive on opinion portals and internal surveys; Our personnel is highly qualified to deal with children as from 4 years old and of course their safety is the main concern of our staff who organizes a wide array of activities for our little guests to take full advantage of their stay, with enriching games and fun sport activities designed to expand kids’ horizons and create new friendships in a multicultural environment; nevertheless we will forward your review to our head of department for revision and encourage you for future occasions to report any disservice to our management onsite; they will be enchanted to assist you.

On the other hand, the passion for gastronomy being one of the prime pillars of our company, we greatly appreciate your praising comments on our restaurant where our professional Chefs strive to surprise our guests with a high standard gastronomy and the possibility to savor the best of the local cuisine as well as the finest international delights.

Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

Last but not least, thorough cleaning being an absolute must for IBEROSTAR, we thank you for highlighting the cleanliness of our hotel; we strive to give total confidence in this area, being fully aware that this is the base for a comfortable holiday experience in any hotel.

Once again, thank you for your time, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our IBEROSTAR hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Kind Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Originally was meant to stay at another hotel but when arrived to check in was told it was overbooked and we had to be relocated, obviously was very disappointed going into the unknown.

However once I got up the next morning and went down for breakfast all my fears disappeared.

The food was amazing and as we were all inclusive we didn't eat out once during our 7 night stay.

The pool area was acceptable and the bar staff very helpful.

The rooms were extremely basic but really ended up enjoying the whole holiday.

Clean, basic hotel but amazing food.

Room Tip: Pool view recommended or you end up looking at a car park.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gordon L
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Gordon,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for sharing a review on your stay at our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias, we are glad to read that as the saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining and that after a stressful beginning you were satisfied with your relocation.

We also appreciate your praising comments on our buffets because at IBEROSTAR we know that meals are a very important aspect of our guests' overall holiday experience, this is why our professional Chefs strive on a daily basis to prepare a wide variety of typical local dishes as well as the best international delights in order to please all palates, it is very enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Warmest Regards,
Costa Adeje
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The reception Staff were very very good and the dining room staff, Maitre D, Waiting Staff, and Chefs were so very helpful to me as I am Coeliac and also lactose intolerant. One Tip I used after getting an item of food that was gluten free or lactose free- I took a photo of the item and if I didn't know the Spanish for the item I showed them the photo. They went above and beyond to accommodate my diet, which I am very grateful for.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

1 Thank Irene Agnes Sco... B
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias your choice hotel for your holidays in Tenerife and for the time you spent to share this lovely review on your stay.

As you well say, our talented Chefs strive to cater for all palates and special diet requirements, we are sincerely grateful for your highlight on the genuine attentiveness of our restaurant’s staff when needing assistance on the choice of your meals; at IBEROSTAR we understand that it can be difficult to be limited in ingredients’ choices and do our utmost to ensure that all guests are well looked after, we will certainly not fail to convey your kind compliments to our staff as we know this will mean a great deal to all of them.

Thank you once again for your visit and heartwarming review; we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again at your earliest convenience.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have returned today from our 6th visit to las dalias, it now feels like home from home, the bar staff our so friendly and accomodating, as our the restaurant staff.....the entertainments team make the holiday, the effort Colin an his team put in is outstanding....can't wait to book again....thank you.

1 Thank david r
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear David,

Thank you so much for the time you took out of your day to share your satisfaction on your 6th holiday experience at our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel; it is wonderful to hear that you feel at home, this is always our goal.

Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation; we will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

We are also very grateful for your nice comments towards our animation staff, their enthusiasm is contagious and they strive to offer a wide variety of leisure and sport activities throughout the day as well as entertaining evening shows to make our guests' stay a memorable one.

Thank you again for your loyalty and trust in our hotel for your holidays in Tenerife; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon in your home away from home.

Warmest Regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very friendly hotel. We (a party of 6 adults) have just booked again for 4th January 2015 for a weeks R&R. This will be our third visit at this time of the year to Las Dalias. Although it is in January the pool area still gets very busy and you have to queue for sun loungers in the morning. The food is great and the all inclusive package is good value for money. Shops and bars on the door step. On talking to other guests on our last visit this hotel seems to have a lot of repeat bookings which can only be a good thing. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank L11LND
Dear Guest,

We first would like to thank you for your loyalty and trust in our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel, as well as for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on Tripadvisor.

As you well say, we are proud to welcome many repeating guests at our hotel, this is mainly due to the genuine kindness and helpfulness of our staff, the quality and variety of our buffets as well as for our location, right in the heart of the lively Costa Adeje with its wide array of leisure and dining options on our hotel’s doorstep.

Thank you again for making us your choice hotel when visiting Tenerife, we look forward to welcoming you back next January.

Friendly Regards,
IBEROSTAR Las Dalias
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Iberostar Bouganville Playa
#3 of 58 in Costa Adeje
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#20 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to Iberostar Las Dalias? Share your experiences!