“Quality over quantity? I think not!”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, England, United Kingdom
“Quality over quantity? I think not!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The IBEROSTAR Las Dalias is a valiant and determined attempt to appeal to every audience, by implementing factors from each. In some senses, this works, with you seldom looking for things to do; however, more often than not, I found each aspect to be flawed and only moderately executed- it quite literally defies the phrase 'quality over quantity'. Regardless, the Las Dalias is a charmingly wonderful experience which is easily worth temporarily living in for 11 nights.

I'll start with perhaps the most controversial part of Las Dalias - the rooms. Whereas I usually strongly disagree with the despised parts of the hotel, perhaps accusing the fellow reviews as being 'picky' or 'looking for flaws', I'm afraid I must also express my concern. My room, a family interconnecting, was fair in terms of aesthetics and comfort, but I can't acknowledge these pros without thinking about how ancient the rooms all look! Rather compact and with a mediocre balcony view, the Las Dalias rooms do not suffice in 2014, and are easily the primary factors that bring down the score. Not only this, the rooms both strongly succeed and ridiculously mess up the act of providing amenities to the residents - as stupid as this sounds, the bathroom is truly ideal, with every single mechanism and substance required to keep clean provided by the hotel, but once again, this is shut out by the fact you have to pay for both a safe and a fridge! Can the Las Dalias improve these flaws? Yes, rather easily: all they need is a slight renovation, such as wallpaper and carpets, and elimination of the fridge fee...

Now, with the finesse-lacking rooms out of the way, I can establish my view on all the other parts; I'll discuss the location. To say that the IBEROSTAR Las Dalias redeems itself in terms of where it is corresponding to beaches and daytrips is an understatement. While it does seem to be built halfway up a rather steep hill, it is genuinely impossible to go anywhere without coming across a beautiful volcanic beach, a colossal variety of bars and even a harbour! It truly is the centre of a bustling, lively area, but the aspect that makes me so delighted is in the form of a family-orientated daytrip: Siam Park, which I will write a review on soon, is easily one of the best daytrips I have ever experienced, and I truly have to thank the Las Dalias for making it possible for me to enter the utopia that is the largest waterpark in Europe...

After speaking so royally of the location, I don't even know how I will accomplish satisfying the amount of compliments the Las Dalias food deserves: different meats, fishes, breads, cheeses, pastas, paellas, poultries, pastries, ice creams, cookies, cakes, fruits - it's all here! Against what I claimed earlier, the banquet in the Las Dalias contains quantity, with each one executed to perfection. The service in the restaurant is top notch, too: a variety of the drinks are used in a help-yourself fashion, but if a drink such as still water is wanted, the waiters will fulfil the deed with no reluctance. If the pool or surrounding facilities are not enough to entertain you, the 3 incredible times spent during the day in the restaurant are enough to boost the IBEROSTAR Las Dalias to 5 stars.

Last but easily not least us the entertainment and activities available for each audience. As established, the Las Dalias attempts to cater for all audiences, and in most ways, it succeeds: an adequate swimming pool, 3 bars with a wide variety of drinks available; a miniature arcade with a pool table and air hockey; a constant, ever-changing miniclub which magically contain play-doh and a miniscule beach/volleyball area used for day-to-day activities and relaxation are just some of the examples. While each one is fairly successful in pleasing each group of tourists, it proves tedious and vexing for others. For example, while im sure infants must have adored it, I felt I was spending 11 nights in Butlins the more I had to endure Starky's Mini Disco. Unless your standards and expectations stretch across the expectations of multiple age groups, this will not be the perfect holiday.

It sounds as if I have absolutely slated the Las Dalias in this review, and if I could give half stars, I would give it 3.5 stars. However, the Las Dalias is an absolutely beautiful hotel, and while it is far from exemplary, I would not hesitate to spend another 11 nights.

3.5/4 stars, 7/10

Room Tip: There is very little soundproof equipment in the rooms, so light sleepers would prefer a room lookin...
1 Thank Benjamin D
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Las Dalias, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Benjamin,

Firtsly we would like to thank you for the time you took out of your day to review your overall holiday experience at our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias; it is rewarding to read that overall you were satisfied with your stay although we took good note of the minuses highlighted in your review and did not fail to share them with our different heads of department for revision.

We lament hearing that apparently you were not properly informed about our services and would like to take the opportunity to point out that, as reported both on our website and brochure, the use of the safe is on extra charge as well as the minibar service that is bookable when reserving your holidays or anytime throughout your stay by contacting our reception.

Moreover we regret reading the disturbances caused by our Starky’s mini disco organized for our little guests just before the evening show, we understand that this is not our grown up guests ‘cup of tea but it is very popular with our little friends and helps them make new friendships in a multicultural environment.

On the other hand, we truly were impressed by your description of our location, it is indeed in the heart of the lively Costa Adeje and offers a wide array of leisure and dining options right on our doorstep; we are glad you enjoyed your family day trip to the largest water park in Europe.

Last but not least, we loved reading your praising comments on our restaurant; at IBEROSTAR we have a true passion for gastronomy and strive to make it one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read you enjoyed every dining experience among us.

Thank you again for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area and for the courtesy of your time; It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Tenerife and please do not hesitate contact us beforehand to organize every detail of your stay.

Warmest Regards,
IBEROSTAR Las Dalias

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,067)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We Stayed here for a week in July food Good room good pool area very clean before arriving we emailed the hotel asking for a pool view which we got but only after paying 105 euros to upgrade from a room overlooking the car park kids club was good for the little ones animacion team try they`re hardest to keep people entertained if you used to watch eurotrash then you will love it we would return but probably not on the all inclusive basis.

Andy & Fiona

Room Tip: not the one overlooking the car park pay the upgrade it`s worth it
1 Thank 521Andy
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Las Dalias, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Andy,

Firstly we would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your recent visit to our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to match your expectations.

We would like to take the opportunity to point out that we allocate our rooms in accordance with the room type selected at the time of reservation, pool view rooms are a of a superior category; we are glad to read your satisfaction with the comfort of the room we accommodated you in as well as the quality of our buffets and the cleanliness of our installations.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we are glad to read that this was a pleasant aspect of your stay among us.

Once more, thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting Tenerife; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and remain at your entire disposal through our call center to help you choose your next IBEROSTAR destination among more than 100 hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Kindest Regards,
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Iberostar Las Dalias and in all honesty this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I use Trip Advisor a lot and value the opinions of travellers so I feel I need to write this review for the benefit of others.

We did not choose this hotel ourselves, we were meeting up with some friends from Iceland and joined their holiday that had already been booked. It was a 4 star hotel so I imagined it would be of a certain standard......it was not.

Firstly the rooms were a huge disappointment. Very tired and in desperate need of renovation. The decor is very dated and very basic. The rooms were however, very clean. My other huge issue with the rooms were the noise levels. There is absolutely NO sound proofing. Everything could be heard from the 'ping' of the elevator to the noisy traffic outside, noisy guests etc. The maids started cleaning very early in the mornings and were extremely noisy.

The pool was a joke! The pool area is closed off until 9am which prevents guests from reserving sun beds. However, guests start to queue from 8am and once the area is opened it is a stampede to grab a sun bed. There is a total lack of sun beds which makes this even worse. I have never seen anything like it!
The children's pool is tiny and so not much fun unless you are under the age of 2 years old.

Guests smoking was a major issue for me. It seemed that literally everyone there smoked! There were no designated areas for smoking so it literally stunk of cigarettes everywhere! In the hot sunshine with no breeze it became unbearable. This was very unpleasant for me and especially for my 4 year old daughter.

The entertainment was good and my daughter enjoyed the mini disco, however, there wasn't enough room for the disco. It was done outside in a very small area where all the guests sat to watch (and smoke!) This meant all the children were crammed together not giving them much room to actually dance.

The one very good thing about this hotel was the food. The restaurant was nice and bright with plenty of tables. There was a huge selection of food, even for the fussy eaters. Waiters were attentive and cleared tables etc very quickly.

Overall this hotel is very dated, in my opinion definitely not a 4 star (unless this is based on food). I would never in a million years stay here again and I would never recommend this hotel to friends or family.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms
4 Thank beckien
Dear Guest,

We first would like to thank you for visiting our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel for your holidays in Tenerife and for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor; we realize there is always room for improvement and your comments are crucial in this process.

Although our hotel is not of new construction, we strive to maintain our installations to their original standard counting with the services of our inhouse maintenance team to make sure that everything is functional and up to standard at all times; we will nevertheless share your review with our management team so as to study the possibility to renovate our accommodations in the near future.

Our hotel was fully booked during your stay, whenever very few guests decide to visit the island and its beautiful beaches, the pool area can get busy and we lament the inconveniences caused.
According to our hotel policy, reserving sunbeds is not allowed, this is why the pool area is closed until 9.00 so as to prevent our guests from having to wake up early to ensure a free sunbed for the day, please be aware also that our lifeguard on duty all day may remove towels from sunbeds that are not being used for more than 45 minutes so as to guarantee the possibility to all our guests to enjoy a relaxing sunbath by the pool.

Moreover and according to the Spanish smoking ban law, smoking is forbidden in any public indoor area however it is allowed anywhere outdoors with the exception of children playgrounds and access points to schools and hospitals; smoking in restaurant’s terraces, room balconies and pool areas is permitted.

On the other hand, we are glad to read that your daughter enjoyed the mini disco organized by our animation staff and are very grateful for your praising comments on our buffets; at IBEROSTAR we have a true passion for gastronomy and strive to make it one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read you enjoyed every dining experience among us.

Last but not least, we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

Hopefully we will be able to fulfill your expectations in the near future, and remain at your entire disposal for any request you might have regarding coming vacations. Our main commitment is to offer the best vacation to our guests, based on the service provided by professionals and the delivery of high quality products; therefore we are always willing to guide you in our call center or through our webpage to make sure that you book an IBEROSTAR hotel that can make all your wishes come true.

Kindest Regards,
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just had a great week at Las Dalias not being sure what to expect but highly impressed, hotel very clean (16 people cleaning around the pool each morning!), staff very friendly and really made the hotel. We had pool view room in the 300's and was a great location. Kids enjoyed the table tennis and volleyball and inflatable afternoon laid on by entertainments team. The food choice is amazing with so much to select from and fresh fish and meat too, there really were so many items to choose from. The all inclusive option is definitely best and kids loved the fruit cocktails and chocolate milk. Smirnoff/tequila etc all included. Drinks menu shows clearly what is included and what you may have to pay extra for. If you ask day before they will also provide you with a picnic to take out. Hotel is only a 5 min walk to Aqualand waterpark and 10 mins to Siam water park both of which are excellent. Also 10 mins to beach and harbour so excellent location and would go back.

2 Thank 210Kirstie
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent location to access restaurants, bars etc. Rooms were very clean, towels changed every day if required, entertainment little disappointing started at 9.30pm ended at 10.30pm. Food was okay, nothing particularly wrong with it but not much choice in main courses. Very disappointed with role of "lifeguards" there was no high chair they could sit in and just seem to strut around pool area then sit down on normal chair, they were definitely not watching the pool much, as a mother of two children aged 10 and 11years I was very disappointed. Also there are 3 separate pools so really at least 2 lifeguards at any time were needed, but the ones there paid little attention to watching the pool so in effect there wasn't a lifeguard on duty. My daughter (10years) hit her head on side of pool upon surfacing, bumped her head and cut her nose...these things happen but had she been knocked unconscious and sank to bottom of the pool the lifeguard would not have noticed due to not observing the pool closely. I would prefer to stay at a hotel where there are adequate numbers of lifeguards sitting high up watching the pool. But nice hotel overall.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very pleased with this hotel, so pleased for the first time ever we are going to book up to go again next year.The only let down for us was we felt the room was a bit on the small side for three, but for all the time you spend in it, it's acceptable. Everything else food, entertainment and service very, very good. Give it a go I don't think you'll be disappointed.

3 Thank PatKelly2014
Margate
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have travelled to Tenerife many times, this is the first time we have stayed in an all-inclusive in the Canaries. We have stayed in 10 other Iberostar Hotels all around the Caribbean. Great places to stay. This one in Tenerife was very good but for two things. First, men have to wear long trousers for evening meals. Women can wear what they like. It is not an al-a-cart restaurant, it is the same eating hall what ever meal you are eating. I (and many other men) had better dress shorts and three quarter length trousers than a lot of men wearing scruffy long trousers. But we were barred from wearing them at evening meals, Breakfast and lunchtime, Fine. This rule does need changed. Second, shortage of electrical sockets in the room. Could not charge phone or camera without un-plugging TV or fridge. Otherwise a very good place to stay. You could spend the week or two without going off site and enjoy your holiday. I would stay again, but then I love Iberostar Hotels.

3 Thank Barene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#15 of 58 in Costa Adeje
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to IBEROSTAR Las Dalias? Share your experiences!