I have just returned from a great week at the Las Dalias hotel in Tenerife. The hotel was very nice and plenty of choice of food and drinks. This is the first hotel I have stayed in that I could not find anything negative to say.
Food and Drink
Drinks - We stayed all inclusive and you had your usual selection of local beers and spirits. They had bottled water, which I have not had included before. They also had slush for the children and adults (with an added kick) which went down well. All of the coca cola company range of drinks was available. You could get branded alcohol at a discount if you were all inclusive.
Breakfast - was the usual range available from 7.30 to 10am and then until lunch there was a small continental breakfast in the bar, which didn't have much on there.
Lunch - Between 12pm and 2pm you could get hotdogs, hamburgers, chips and salad from a small stand. Lunch was served in the restaurant from 1pm to 3pm. There was always a choice of fresh meat or fish being cooked on the grill and plenty of selection of other things. You just helped yourself to the drinks in the dining room. Rose, White and Red wine, Beer and all of the coca cola company range of drinks were available.
Afternoon snacks - there was sandwiches and cake available from 3pm to 6.30pm. Can't say that the selection excited me, but I personally didn't need anything between lunch and dinner as I was so full!!
Dinner- Same as lunch always a selection of freshly cooked meat and fish on the grill, a carved roast, selection of potatos, large salad bar, bread, soup etc. Plenty of choice of desserts and icecreams.
Snacks and icecream - icecream tubs were available from the bar and sandwiches were available from the pool bar 3pm to 6.30pm and then from 9.30pm in the venus bar. Ice lollies were available at a reduced rate for all inclusive guests.
The room was clean and comfortable. I would describe it as a nice room, but wouldnt say that anything amazed me in there. It reminded me of novotel rooms I have stayed in with a bit of a spanish touch. We went as a large party and the rooms with three people in were a little cramped. The bathroom was nice and the view from our balcony was great. We stayed on the 9th floor and as recommended by the other reviews I emailed ahead and asked for a pool and sea view and this was exactly was I got.
The maid service was very good and our room was kept clean and towel changed each day.
The fridge in our room was left open, but they would have charged if it was locked as we enquired at reception before going up to our room. We explained that we had babies and needed the fridge for food and milk and they gave us the key without any charge.
The pool was very nice and was heated. You could get towels from reception for a 5 euro deposit and they were nice and soft. The sunbeds were very comfy and we had no problems getting one or an umberella (but it was quite in the hotel). The children had lilos etc in the pool and nothing was said to us (previous reviews stated these were not allowed).
The staff were very nice and friendly and excellent with the children. The mini disco was good and although we didn't use the kids club, the children who attended around us seemed to have a good time. They always came back with something they had made. The shows at night were good and I liked it because they came on at 9.30 which has been earlier than previous hotels I have stayed in.
All inclusive wrist bands
I have heard reviews that peoples wristbands were cut off when they checked out. They did not ask to cut ours off, we had no problem with this.
Location - was centrally located between the quiet part of las americas and veronicas (drinkers heaven). It was up a slight hill from the beach, but couldn't see this being too much of a problem.
I would rate this hotel 4* especially compared to other 4* hotels I have stayed in. I can't say that the room was anything special, but there wasn't anything wrong with it, it just wasn't fancy. But the rating goes for the food, entertainment, services and staff in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Las Dalias is a complete hotel where you can spend a comfortable holiday in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Every guest will find the kind of relaxation they’re searching for within its convivial, family atmosphere. Located 500 metres from Playa del Bobo, the Las Dalias hotel features 429 rooms with excellent installations, and has services such as a hairdressers, all inclusive, two pools and a children’s pool, live show cooking, Miniclub, Maxiclub, professional shows, free Wi-Fi, children’s park, fitness room, athletic activities, massage service and a top-rate culinary offering at two restaurants and three bars. This hotel has also been recognised because of the friendliness and attentiveness of the hotel staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Iberostar, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your IBEROSTAR Las Dalias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Las Dalias Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Iberostar Hotel Las Dalias
- Las Dalias Iberostar
- IBEROSTAR Las Dalias Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas