The check-in at the hotel was very efficient. All our room-keys and A.I. bracelets where all in an envelope ready to go. Just sign the form and collect the page with the details of what was on offer with the A.I. programme. We had just missed dinner as the plane was late and I wished I had read the sheet I was given as it states that sandwiches are available after dinner has finished from the lobby bar. As it was we went out had a burger in “The George”.
The room was very nice and clean. We had a pool view and as we were on the top floor a good sea view as well. Bathrobes, slippers and pool towels were all placed on the bed, pool towels are a good size and can be changed as often as you like at the spa reception. Cost is €2.50 per towel per change. The rooms are well equipped with fridge, microwave, 2 ring cooker, toaster, kettle, and filter coffee maker. A plus for me as I tend to live out my suitcase was a full size steam iron and ironing board.
The beds were wonderfully soft with 2 fully pillows each. I had the best sleep in a hotel I can remember. Choose a pool view to make sure you get a quite room. The only down sides were there are no double beds, and as we were on the top floor we were woken at about 8 am either by guests or the hotel staff moving the sun beds about on the sun terrace above us.
All meals are buffet style for A.I. there is a menu for those on other meal plans. If you are A.I. you can choose something off the menu at a discount. We never had to bother as there was always something we liked.
We were a little concerned about the food as we had booked the hotel in November for our stay in June. All last year’s reviews were very good. But as soon as the hotel was reopened to Brits (from October to Easter the hotel is blocked booked by Thomas Cook Scandinavia ) the first months reviews said the food was not very good. However we did get a chance to speak to the hotel manager and he said that they had read the reviews and sorted things out. I have to agree with him, there was no problems with the food apart from the poor selection of sweets. Still there is always ice cream.
We love to sit outside to eat when we are on holiday and there was never a problem getting a table. Also the waiters bring your drinks to the table during lunch and dinner. The whole dining area was very clean with the waiters constantly clearing away the used plates and dishes.
The pool area was spotless with plenty of sun-beds. It was never a problem to get a bed around the pool. However there is only one corner by the bar that is in sunlight all day. Then the sun starts at bar end and works its way round. In June the whole pool was without shadow for only an hour. We got into the habit of going up on the roof terrace in the morning, there are showers up there to cool off. Then after lunch get a sun bed furthest from the bar that had only just come out of shadow. Then we could dip into the pool to cool off and be ok until it was time for a pre dinner stroll or drink or both!
There is very little entertainment or activities in the hotel. We knew this before we arrived and took plenty of books with us. There is the Spa and a gym, plus water aerobics in the pool 4 days a week. There is entertainment on 4 nights a week at least a singer of guitar player performing while you eat, plus flamenco dancers in the lobby bar once a week. We were there during the Euro 2012 football and they showed all the matches on the TV in the lobby bar. There is a nice seating area outside the front of the hotel where we would take a drink from the bar and sit and watch the world go by.
However the hotel is right in the middle of the action and it does not matter which way you go out of the hotel you will find entertainment within 5 mins walk.
Over all this is a very low key relaxing hotel everything is done with quite efficiency to the extent that you don’t realize until you queue once in a while at the bar that most of the time you don’t have to wait for anything. We are just sorting our dates out and hopefully we can rebook for September 2012 as we liked it so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Coral Suites & Spa is located in Playa de las Américas, in close proximity to shops, bars and restaurants and within walking distance of the beach. The hotel has an inviting pool area with a heated pool as well as two roof terraces where you can lay back and enjoy the sun. There are several activities to partake in if you want an active holiday - and afterwards you can pamper yourself with a relaxing spa treatment. Sunprime Coral Suites & Spa also has a restaurant serving well-prepared meals in an elegant setting after which you can enjoy your favourite after dinner drink in the cozy lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunprime Coral Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunprime Coral Suites And Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Aparthotel Coral Beach Hotel
- Coral Beach Tenerife
- Coral Beach Hotel Tenerife
- Sunprime Coral Suites Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas