“If you want peace and quiet this will suit you” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunprime Coral Suites

Sunprime Coral Suites
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“If you want peace and quiet this will suit you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for ten days from first July. The hotel was lovely and clean our room had everything we needed the shower in the bathroom was great. The staff were lovely and friendly as for the food it was fine, I always managed to have something I liked, we were only half board so never had lunch. I was glad I did not go all inclusive as there is no entertainment at all therefore that is what I meant by my first comment about peace and quiet . Overall this hotel has a great location and is perfect for couples looking for a quiet time. However I have to end on a very negative note and that is to say that two cameras were taken from our room we had left them in our case. We did report this and Eric on reception took a note about the incident and would inform manager. We did not leave our door unlocked therefore we believe only maids would have access to our room. We did have to approach reception a few times to see if there was any follow up. We eventually spoke with the manager who said she would get a reading from our room key to see if it was faulty. The manager did not contact us after this and we just felt as if we were not believed. I do realise this was also our fault as we should have taken a security box but we had forgotten. Overall we had a great holiday and loved Tenerife we wont return to this hotel as we prefer a family hotel for the noise and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
2 Thank jacqueline k
Coral-Hotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sunprime Coral Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
​Dear Jacqueline,
Thank you so much for your review and for having been our guests at the Sunprime Coral Suites. I am glad to read that you liked our facilities and service, although I understand that you prefer rather a place with more activities and less "peace". But, as you say the the location of the hotel is perfect: very near to most resort amenities. I am very much distressed about the issue with the cameras. Actually, you were not dealing with myself, but with my assistant manager, ​as I was away then. I have checked with her this matter and indeed she told me that she arranged the reading of the door luck and nobody entered into the room except yourself and of course the cleaning lady. The house keeper also checked whether the cameras had been handed in, but they were not. As after having spoken to my assistant, you did not contact her again, she thought that the cameras were found and she did not bother any more. Apparently, this was not the case. We are sorry for this misunderstanding and of course regret your loss. In this respect, I would like to point out that we don´t have robberies in the hotel and we can a 100 % rely on our staff. They have been working for us already a long time, either at the hotel or at the other properties of our company.
Said that we thank you once again for staying with us and hope that perhaps one day you prefer again peace and quietness again for a holiday and then will stay with us again.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

There are good sides and not so good sides to this hotel. I've stayed at many different places over the years and Coral Suites is absolutely fine...that isn't to say that there aren't improvements to be made though.

Firstly, the location is brilliant. Turn right out of the hotel and it's a ten minute stroll down to a load of bars, restaurants, shops and other sorts of entertainment. This is very handy because there is absolutely nothing going on at the hotel in the evenings. This could be so easily fixed; there's a massive room off the reception and the bar - currently being used as a corridor - and if management were to invest in a piano and some seating, I suspect many AI and many B & B customers would stay here in the evenings. There's even the fittings where a bar used to be so I doubt it'd cost much. Instead, you have some groups hanging around the existing bar but with a rather limp atmosphere, it's not a place many people would want to be every evening.

I found the drinks on the AI package to be very good. The local beer - Reina - was nice, and the wines include red, white and cava. As well as the usual soft drinks (brand names including Pepsi, 7 Up and Schweppes) and local brand spirits, you can also select some cocktails, all of which I tried were lovely. There were bellinis, daiquiris, cosmopolitans and a menu displaying really clearly what was included on the AI list.

Many reviews on here have mentioned the food and this was something I was dreading before coming here. I am happy to eat almost anything if it is half decent so feel I can summarise the menu accurately. It was repetitive...but many AI hotels are. They had pasta and bolognese or carbonara sauce once a day, at least, without fail and about 40% of the food was fried...ranging from burgers to chicken nuggets to calamari to chips to fish fingers. The cold foods - salads, cheeses, cold meats - were again, samey but fresh and very eatable. I found the trick to not getting bored with the food is to not have a tapas style meal every night. Along with the fried stuff, there is always a fish dish, a meat dish, a couple of carb dishes and some sort of veg dish so just have one or two of the options available...not a little bit of everything! I also had lunch out and dinner out once each in my week stay and this really helps break up the monotonous food cycle. At dinner there is also a choice of meats you can request and a chef cooks it for you there and then. That's also adds a little to the variety.

Most of the staff were welcoming and positive people. Another recent review mentioned an older gentleman, who worked at the pool bar/restaurant, and I knew exactly who they were talking about when I saw him work. He never seemed to take a break or have a day off yet was tirelessly cheerful and welcoming. Another young guy who worked at the bar inside deserves a mention as he too was always in a good mood. I saw him deal very well with a group of drunk guys who were getting cross at not being served quick enough, even though it was uncharacteristically busy that night and he was on his own. I personally saw no differentiation of treatment between AI and non-AI guests and I didn't tip any staff until the end of the holiday.

The rooms in the hotel were simple, quite spacious and clean. The maids work hard and everything was immaculate after they had visited the room. I would recommend seeing if you could pay for a pool view room - I didn't and although noise and such didn't bother me at all, it is something I would pay for if I were to come again. It's a much nicer view and watching the last few stragglers play in the pool at the end of the day is something I really like to do on holiday.

The pool was spotlessly clean and really peaceful. Being an adults only hotel definitely has its advantages when it comes to the pool. A Swedish lady does aqua aerobics every other day and there are some fitness classes on offer as well, but another pool side activity such as water polo really wouldn't go amiss. I've never seen so many men give aqua aerobics a go in all my holidays on this earth, just for something to do!

Overall, I have no qualms about this hotel but it could really be amazing if the food and the entertainment were to be jazzed up. Many people I talked to said they wished there was a bit of life around the place some nights. I probably wouldn't stay here again, purely because without the changes mentioned above, I know I could find a better deal for my money. That's not to say I had a bad experience here at all though - it's been a lovely holiday overall. I've given it 4/5 but if there was a 3.5 I'd be more inclined to give my overall experience that. It's better than average but not "very good".

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Andrealovesholidays
Coral-Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sunprime Coral Suites, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear guest,
We would like to give you a big thank you for your detailed and interesting review, which certainly will of great help for a lot of other travellers. We have read also your comments with interest and take of course into consideration your suggestions and give them a deeper thought. Indeed, we are only adult choice concept hotel, where we do not offer a full packed entertainment programme. Actually this is also what a very large majority of our guests expect. As soon as you organize more entertainment around the pool, the tranquillity most guests are seeking, cannot be granted any more. However, we offer aqua gym, but also fitness classes for free and the workout machines of the gym are available for free to our guests. The spa circuit can be done at a very reasonable price. If a costumer wishes to have more evening entertainment, there are plenty of them available at a short walking distance from the hotel. Anyhow, we would like to thank you again for staying with us and hope that despite of all you decide to stay with us again, as you say in a pool view room. It would be a great pleasure for all of us.
Paignton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having previous stayed at another hotel in Las Americas for the previous two years we decided that we would try a different hotel this year, however it was a MASSIVE MISTAKE.
I read the reviews published by other customers prior to booking this hotel and they were all singing the praises of this hotel so was confident that i was making the right decision.

I booked a junior suite with a sea view, an absolute waste of money, the room i had barely had a sea view at all, in order to see it you would need to perch right on the balcony, the immediate view that i got was straight into a local's apartment and a building site. my advice would be to ask for a room with a pool view. I complained to reception about my room, and was told that the hotel was fully booked, however they would look to move us to another room at the start of the week, and they would keep us informed that was the last that i heard from reception with regards to this matter.

The rooms however are of a good standard and were turned down by the maid everyday, they had an iron and an ironing board, they only have a shower, however it was a really good shower.

The food was terrrible and the worst part of this entire holiday, it was always cold, and was very bland, it was very limited and the selection and choice was non existant. DO NOT stay at this hotel if you are a vegetarian as you will probably starve. If a main meal was all used it wasn't replaced with the same thing, which was often disappointing, it was replaced by something else, again this was cold even when first placed out. It wasn't a restuarant it was more of a beach side cafe. The food was nearly always the same night after night. Apart from tuesday and sunday when they did a theme night, the bbq night is the only chance you will get to get some decent meat to eat. Breakfast however was the best meal that they served, apart from a few mornings they ran out of fresh bread and it wasn't replaced.

The All inclusive drinks menu was awful, it was too limited and very very very basic compared to other hotels that i have stayed in. If you were AI you were treated differently at the bar and non AI customers were always served first. Non AI customers were allowed pints of local beer, AI customers were not! (This was sorted once serveral people complained about the matter). Eric is the best bar man that they employ very polite and nothing was too much trouble. There was an older gentleman that worked at the pool bar who was very friendly and was very customer focused his name esacpes me.

The pool area was always clean and tidy, one thing i did like about this hotel was that you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a sunbed, there were normally sunbeds left around breakfast time, this could be due to them having two sunbed desks on the roof of the hotel which were suntraps, there were no facilites to get a drink if you used this area though, you would have to go down 7 floors to get a drink, luckily they had a lift. The hotel supply you with a towel to use at the pool, however they charge you 2 euro 50 cent to change it!!!!!

The hotel does have a small gym, however the CV equipment in here is all old and outdated and half of it didn't work, one of the gym bikes seat was broken and one cross trainer was borken, there was never anyone around to repport the matter to.

The bar staff were always miserable and never smiled once, customer service was not there strongest point, and it often took a long time to get served. It appreared that they had a shortage of staff. One member of staff told me that she was unhappy because they'd recently had their shifts changed and they didn't like the new ones.

There is ZERO entertainment in this hotel in the evening, apart from the stereo being on. my opinion of AI was to encourage people to stay in the hotel, with the coral beach this was very much not the case, and because of this i spent a great deal of money outside the hotel, as you would be lucky to find one or two other couples in the bar on a nightime.

My advice is DO NOT stay at this hotel All Inclusive as it is a complete waste of money and you will regret it.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: room with a pool view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank flik192002
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your review. As we can appreciate, there seemed to be several issues, which were not to your liking, what we very much regret. First of all, allow us to point out that we are an adult choice concept hotel, where guests do not expect a full packed entertainment. We believe that we should maintain this concept, as this is exactly what differs us from other properties and which is the reason why a lot of our guests are repeaters or choose us for their holiday. As for our selection of all inclusive food and drinks, we regret that this did not meet your approval. Certainly, do not forget our buffet is not a vegetarian buffet, but I know that there are always several nice and tasty dishes for guests, who do not eat meat nor fish. Just to mention shortly that there is a phone on the sun decks connected with the bar, where drinks can be ordered. As for the restaurant´s decoration, please note this is adapted to the trendy minimalist style of the hotel, actually very much appreciated by the majority of our costumers. Indeed, upon arrival a pool towel is given for free, the same as bathrobe and slippers. If guests wants to get another, we charge a small surcharge of 2,5 Euros, bearing in mind that our hotel is very much environment friendly (we have achieved the Tavelife Gold Award). Once more we regret that not all of the aspects of your holiday met your expectation.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I visited this hotel at the beginnig of July with family and friends. My review of this hotel is split. The hotel is really lovely wiith very modern rooms and the staff were lovely and worked hard. The pool area was nice and relaxing. The food and entertainment really let thos hotel down. The dining room was really the pool bar. That was for breakfast, lunch and dinner! There was very little choice and it was often cold. We asked for butter at breakfast and was told there was none left! Cancel the toast! This hotel is not cheap and for what we paid were expecting a lot better than this. We ate out on quite a few nights as there were some lovely restaurants nearby. The entertainment was nonexistant. Not even music at night. Silence. Ridiculous! At the pool a waitress went about asking if you would like a drink but when she saw you wrist band she just smiled and walked away leaving you to go get your own drink! A/I was definately felt to feel like second class in lots of ways. Management really need to get there restaurant and entertainment sorted.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah M
Dear Sarah,
Thank you very much for your comment and for staying with us. As we can appreciate, some of the issues were not to your liking or did not meet your expectation. Just a small clarification: The Sunprime Coral Suites is an only adult concept hotel, which differs from other hotels, because what we offer is tranquillity,e.g. not a packed entertainment programme during day time and in the evening. What makes us as well different, is the decoration of the hotel and restaurant: the trendy minimalist style, very demanding by a lot of guests. Actually, your comment about that there was no butter left at breakfast, surprises me a lot. Definitely, this is something which should not have happened, if it did. Finally I would like to stress upon the fact that all our guests are treated exactly in the same way, no matter whether they are in all inclusive or not. W e regret very much that some of the issues were not entirely to your satisfaction. ​
​Hotel Manager ​
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Basically, this holiday was last minute as my fiance and I wanted a week away before he goes to America for 6 months. I have always loved Tenerife but only stayed in parque satiao 2 and three so choosing a hotel was new to me! We were searching for hours until my fiancé came across this hotel and to go all inclusive for a week it was only about £750 each (we also chose the best type of room, suite with sea view, 531)
We were greeted and given our room key .... we got to our room and really couldn't believe how nice it was! However, we weren't too happy that we had two single beds in our room so we went to reception and got told there are no double beds in the hotel! Think that's a bit weird when its meant for couple, other than that everything was fine.
We didnt unpack as we were both starving so we went downstairs to the restaurant. When we looked at the selection of food we really werent impressed as there wasnt much choice at all ... this really did have us worrying what we would be eating for the rest of the holiday! We then ordered a few drinks and sat near the bar and there was a really good selection of drinks to choose from. There was a brilliant waiter there (not to say the rest werent) but this guy really stood out for us but sadly we didnt get his name and we didnt get to say bye as he had a day off on thursday when we were leaving.
We got up the next morning hoping breakfast would be better than tea ... it definitely was So much choice to choose from! Shame that all inclusive drinks didnt start till 11 though as in that heat you really do get dehydrated.
I saw a sign on her that said you weren't allowed to put your towels down to reserve beds but its like they don't even care as everybody was doing it! We wanted our towels changing 2 days into the holiday and they said we would have to pay 4.50 euros which i think is absolutely disgusting especially when you have paid all that money to go there.
The hotel was in a really great location especially if you just want to relax as there is no noise whatsoever and its just a short walk to where al the bars and shops are!
I wasnt happy that we were going to be picked up at quater to five yet had to be out of our rooms by 12 to which we had to go place our luggage in a room (not safe, as other passengers can just dip into your bag) and we got a key to go to some grotty showers which looked like they needed a good clean. I am really not one to complain but some things did suprise me and could easily be improved. I would really recommend this hotel but i wouldnt go all inclusive!

Room Tip: we had 531 (sea view) and it was great! defo worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bejb
Coral-Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sunprime Coral Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for having staid with us. It´s good to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Indeed, it´s true that the kind of beds we have are single beds, but they are next to each other and really very comfortable. Yes, all inclusive drinks start at 11 am, but they are available until late evening. We take of course into consideration your comments, but up to now we never have had any problems what the security of the luggage room is concerned Once again we thank you for staying with us and we are happy to know that you had on the whole a nice week away.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me & my partner stayed here 22-28th June 2014. I could not fault the hotel at all. The rooms were clean, tidy and well equipped - It really surprised me when we had an ironing board and iron, towel rack on the balcony etc as most hotels that I have been before do not provide this. The balcony view was brilliant, we opted for a pool view room which was recommended for the view on trip advisor and I am glad we did. The food was great even though we only stayed for B+B there was a great variety to chose from for breakfast. The pool area always had sun beds available and was clean and tidy. The location of the hotel was brilliant, it was not far to walk to the beach, main strip of bars, shopping centre, restaurants, there was even a small shop across the road to stock up the fridge provided in the room with drinks and snacks. The staff were very helpful and polite and always welcomed us when leaving and entering the hotel.I had a really good holiday there and would
not hesitate to go back.

The only improvements I would recommend is, music around the pool in the day, more entertainment at night time and to vent the showers in the courtesy room as we were going home in the day, and the showers got that steamy I could not get dressed in there as I found it difficult to dry myself as it was way too hot. - maybe provide a separate room from the showers to get dressed in?

Kind Regards
Shannon K Bourne

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Shannon-Klare
Coral-Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sunprime Coral Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Shannon,
Many thanks for your kind and interesting review, which certainly will be of use for other travellers. Myself and all my staff are very happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that all our facilities found your approval. Yes, indeed these small things such as iron and iron board etc. make us different perhaps from other hotels, as well as our concept for adults only and of course of the relaxing atmosphere we try to keep throughout the whole property at any time. This is also the reason why we offer smooth entertainment programme. Actually, this is one of the reason, our costumers like to stay with us, because they really can relax. We are glad that you consider the possibility of coming back again. Certainly, it would be a great pleasure for us all to welcome you again on your next visit to Tenerife.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Second time here in 3 years and have to say a little disappointed in places. Scores as follows:

Welcome and Check in 10/10 - really nice people

Room itself 10/10 - nice Skandi style

Wifi 3/10 - super slow

View (we had a sea view junior suite room 308) - 7/10 more of another hotel view really. Room 305/04/03 would have best view we think.

Noise level - some traffic, garbage collection and glass smashing from recycling. 4/10 (10 being quiet)

TV - great new Samsung LCD and channels for all countries 8/10

Food - really not great. Very dry due to being under heat lamps for long periods. Ice cream bar is good though 4/10

Drinks range - great and clearly marked what you can and can't have. They said takeaway only small beers etc, but if you push hard they will oblige with larger.

Staff - mainly happy, vibrant and welcoming. Special mention for Juanjo who was amazing. A few others complained a bit and clearly did not like the All Inclusive thing. (Mainly bar). 8/10

Location - off strip but close to everything you need (shops, pubs, banks etc) 10/10

Bathroom - 10/10 - amazing rain head shower and very modern

Air con - 10/10 does hot and cold

Entertainment - 5/10 just you tube plugged into speakers

Confusion - some all incl guests are elsewhere on some nights as food was not good and also they thought they had to pay a supplement on Tapas Sundays and BBQ Tuesdays.

Three tips for you when visiting Las Americas...
1) Go watch the sun set at Coco Beach bar at back of Veronica's

2) Eat at Meson Castellano - have tapas, dry White House wine and House red incredible.
Steaks look amazing also.

3) Sunbathe on the roof
Terrace at the hotel. It's great and private. Includes rattan day beds free of charge.

Not sure we would rush back, but we are getting old and have a child who we probably won't get away with leaving with the parents again.

Note to hotel manager - work on the food offering and bar, you'll be best in Las Americas.

Thanks for having us again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank mcmark76
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for having staid with us for the second time and for having taken your time in writing your detailed review including scores. Certainly, we will take into consideration your ​comments and recommendation, as our aim is, to provide to all of our guests the most pleasant and enjoyable holiday. We regret very much that food was not up to what you expected, although, as you well know it´s always difficult to meet everyone´s preferences and expectations. However, be assured that we do our very best and read always carefully our clients´review and suggestion on it. However, I must say that generally and according to our guests´questionnaires, the majority of them seem to be quite happy with our gastronomic offer and we lately haven´t either received complaints about the Wifi being slow. Once again we would like to thank you for your confidence and hope that despite of all, to have the pleasure to welcome you again sometimes in the future.
Hotel Mananger​