“Great Hotel!”

Sunprime Coral Suites
England
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a couple 8-18th August 2014. After reading some of the reviews i set off on holiday quite sceptical of what i would find!
However.. The hotel was far from what the bad reviews were saying!

The room - we booked a sea view room but it looked onto a spanish apartment, we had to look all the way left on the balcony to see any sea, however we were moved the next morning at 10am to a sea view room that was much better! Although in future i would book pool view! The rooms were clean and spacious with everything you needed, the showers were fab! The maid turned down every day and i cant complain!

The Food - the food was (as you would expect in an AI hotel) quite samey BUT there was always hot food and some small variety but i think some of these complainers need to realise this hotel caters for a variety of nationalities and its not just English, if you are a picky eater, don't go AI, simple. But i was happy with the options available. One thing i would say was the Tapas night was a let down, it was french sticks with some filling on them, and i had got quite excited for this night too! The restaurant didn't really enforce the dress code which is why i think some people see it as a poolside cafe but this didn't bother me, i got dressed properly for tea. Overall the restaurant was what i expected and i couldn't really complain.

Pool - The pool was great, there was always sun loungers available and the pool was kept clean. It was lovely not to have children around if i am honest, it made the pool much more pleasurable to be around.

Entertainment - although i read lots of complaints about this i loved the fact there was little entertainment, you could have a conversation without having to raise your voice over loud background noise! There was a singer every few nights which was nice background music. I didn't expect masses of entertainment when it was adults only. The main strip was a 10min walk for those who wanted noise!

Staff - All the staff were very friendly around the reception, pool and the maids, even given the lack of manners i witnessed from some of the British there!! Even the lovely night porter who removed a cockroach from our room at 2am, he couldn't speak english so he brought us a written note and was very friendly.

The ONLY thing i was a little annoyed about is one night at about 3am i woke up feeling quite unwell and i asked the man on reception if i could get some water, he told me to get dressed and go to the local bars. I appreciate it was out of hours but i was only asking for a glass of water and i am sure he had access to some! But overall we had a fantastic holiday and would definitely return!

Thank you to all the staff. :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma G
Coral-Hotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sunprime Coral Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Gemma,
Thank you very much for having chosen to be our guests at the Sunprime Coral Suites. Thank you as well for having given us a vote of confidence after having read the bad reviews about our property. We very much appreciate that. My staff and myself are very happy to read that you liked the hotel, the facilities offered, our service and our concept of adults only. You are right, not having a constant loud entertainment programme makes it possible to have a pleasant conversation with other persons without having to constantly shout. I am sorry about the issue with the water, but indeed the security man does not have access to the bar nor to the small Deli Market, they are both closed down at night. Anyhow, jut to let you know, the tap water in Tenerife is perfectly drinkable. Once again thank for staying with us. We all look forward to your next visit.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the start of July. The hotel was spotless and staff were all very friendly. We were there for Bed and Breakfast and couldn't fault it. Always plenty of food to have even if you turned up near the end of service.

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to everything you need. The pool area was always clean and tidy and you could always get a sun bed. Only criticism would be more parasols are needed. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 19lucy91
Dear Lucy,
Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us at the Sunprime Coral Suites & Spa. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you can´t fault our facilities and services. Certainly we will take your suggestion about more parasols into account. In the meantime we are looking forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for having been our guests this time and hope we will have the pleasure to have you back again on your next Tenerife Holiday.
Maj Gujvsland
monaghan
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel all you could possibly ask for, staff very friendly, rooms and pool very clean and modern, food and drink good and reasonable price! great air con and wifi, close to beach and any other activities you'd need, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BSmithirl
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my first time at Coral Suites and Tenerife. Well I am really shocked to see so many disappointing reviews. We stayed all inclusive for one week and we really cannot fault it at all. The food was gorgeous and always plenty of choice (but not too much) just right. The staff were always very friendly. It is just the perfect holiday if you want to completely chill out in peace and quiet. The only disappointment I found was that we couldn't keep our room on the day we were leaving but luckily we met some friends who let us use their room to get showered and changed it. I will hopefully be returning to Coral Suites next year at some point.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms = nice & peaceful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Leanne,
We would like to thank you for your kind review and for having been our guests at the Sunprime Coral Suites. We are all very happy to know that our property, as well as our services (including all inclusive) met your full approval. Indeed, we try to provide always a nice, relaxing even chill-out atmosphere in the hotel. This is exactly what our guests are expecting, when booking our only adult concept hotel. I am sorry about the fact that you were not able to keep your room longer on your departure day, but we are currently fully booked, therefore the rooms are needed for the new arriving guests and regrettably we cannot allow our departing guests to keep the rooms longer than the established check-out time. I would like to point out though that we have shower room facilities as well as luggage room. But in this case, I am glad that your friend allowed you to get showered and changed for the return flight. We are looking forward to your next holiday with us next year. It will be a pleasure for us. ​
​Maj Gjuvsland
​Hotel Manager ​
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our first time in Tenerife so we decided to book an 'adult only' hotel. We had 2 poolside terrace rooms, which were quite spacious and very clean. The patio door opened out onto the pool and sun lounge area - very handy to be able to pop in and out of the room throughout the day. The maids kept the rooms very clean and tidy.
We were 'all inclusive'. Unfortunately I am a bit of a fussy eater so found that there were times when I didn't like anything other than the usual chips or pasta. My family had no complaints though and were able to eat 3 good meals a day. The waiter service was excellent, they took our drinks orders as soon as we were sat down - there was a large selection of drinks included in the package deal, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
The hotel was kept cool and very clean at all times. There was no night time entertainment but that didn't bother us at all. On the odd day there was aqua aerobics in the pool, but again, we enjoyed the peace and quiet.
The hotel is extremely handy for any shopping or for eating out. It is in the heart of the area.
The only thing I could complain about is the fact that there was no option of keeping a room on our last day - we had to be out of the rooms by 12pm, we even received a phone call from reception reminding us that we had to leave! It seems that the majority of flights back to the UK are in the evening so we had 5 hours just hanging around the hotel waiting for the coach to pick us up - no point sunbathing as we would of needed a shower afterwards! But apart from that I would totally recommend this hotel - I will certainly be returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank cathy g
Dear Cathy,
We would like to thank you for having chosen the Sunprime Coral Suites for your first stay in Tenerife. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our only adult concept. Indeed, our main aim of the hotel is to provide a relaxing atmosphere and therefore we do not have the usual packed night entertainment programme like other hotels would offer. Anyhow, as I can read this did not much bother you as you were also quite happy with the peace and tranquillity. As for the last day, unfortunately, when the hotel is fully booked out we do not have the possibility of providing late check-out, as the rooms have to be prepared for the new arriving guests. Nevertheless. we have a courtesy shower room, as well as a luggage room, which can be used by guests for free by guests.
I am glad to read that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you for that.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here in july-aug 2012 and am pretty suprised to see the most recent reviews. I have only just started using trip advisor so thought I would share my experience although I am aware things like food service etc may have changed since I was there. It was my partner and I's first holiday together and having been to tenerife on many occasions I knew the area...and this hotel ticked all the boxes for us. We stayed half board and found the food delicous although sometimes they would have random things on for breakfast like onion rings..but you dont have to eat everything its buffet style so doesnt make a difference really. It was very pleasant...the pool was a lovely size and plenty of sunbeds. The hotel itself was very modern and clean, and if I came back to tenerife I would certainly stay in this hotel again based on my last stay. It is in an ideal location too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nataleelm
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here in July 2013, we picked this hotel as it was adults only and the rooms looked modern and clean.
The pool area was a decent size and was cleaned every morning before you got to the pool.
The room was very modern and clean, although because outside of the rooms were open to the outdoor.. we did have a few cockroaches in the bathroom and bedroom? which I know you get everywhere but still not pleasant.
We opted to go all inclusive, but really we found ourselves eating out at local restaurants because the food wasn't up to standard. The cooked breakfast was okay, although there was things like broccoli and cauliflower included in the morning buffet.. (maybe left over from the night before?)
We also found there wasn't any entertainment, unless you class a man with a disco ball and rubbish music to which nobody attended!

I would say this was just an average hotel nothing to spectacular.

Room Tip: pool view room, otherwise your looking out onto a room where they keep the bins.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wrexham2429
Coral-Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sunprime Coral Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. As I appreciate, although you liked the rooms and the pool area, it seems that we did not meet your expectations what food is concerned, which we very much regret. Please do not forget that our food choice is based on an international clientèle and not only for English guests. Therefore, cauliflower and broccoli are vegetables, guests from other countries may like to have them included in their breakfast choice. However, I must strongly reject your comments that we use any left overs on the following days for breakfast or for any other meals. As for entertainment, we are an adult only concept hotel, which the large majority of our guests book, because they do not want nor do not expect the normal entertainment programme of any other 4 star hotel. These guests want to have a quiet relaxing atmosphere in a modern surrounding. We do offer though sport activities for free during the day time and our gym with the work out machines can be used for free by all guests. We also offer our Spa Circuit at a very reasonable price for our customers. This is exactly what our guests expect and they do not want us to change this concept. Said that, we would like to point out that due to the excellent location of the Sunprime Coral Suites there are plenty of leisure places at easy reach for those guests, who wish to enjoy a crazy night out. We regret of course that we did not meet entirely your expectations, because it is mine and my staff´s aim to provide a relaxing and enjoyable holiday to all our guests.
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Europe Villa Cortes
Europe Villa Cortes
#6 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,112 reviews

Been to Sunprime Coral Suites? Share your experiences!