“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Durham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have just returned from a 10 night stay, it was absolutely brilliant, staff are very pleasant, helpful. Our room was cleaned everyday, clean towels everyday aswell. Food was very good, plenty of choice, the animation team were brilliant! I wish I had half of there energy! We will definitely return, I've never been to such a fantastic hotel. We were guilty of queuing at 6am for a sunbed, but that was our choice. We can't complain about anything. Overall the best holiday ever!

Room Tip: We had a high floor, 7th, with a pool view
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Alison W
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your lovely memories of your stay at our hotel; it is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay special.
We thank you for your praising comments on our buffets, the gastronomy being an important aspect for Spring Hotel, our talented Chefs do their utmost to please all palates; It is enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours. Moreover, we are glad to read your satisfaction with the room we accommodated you in, they are all designed to offer maximum comfort to our guests.
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the service you received from our team members, we will make sure to share your kind words as we know it will mean a great deal to them.
Once more thank you for your visit and for your review, we hope that you had a safe and comfortable journey back home. Until next time!
Spring Hotel Bitacora

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (985)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just back after two weeks with my husband, never to return again. The service at the pool bar is shocking only ever two serving contrary to the managers reply to another unhappy guests review that there are 3/4 serving....never!!! The service in the evening was even worse when your half way through your drink you need to try an order your next one as you wait so long. You definitely don't get all inclusive value for money. Correct your all inclusive stops at 12 noon on the day your leaving and we didn't arrive till 9.30 in the evening on our day of arrival....again the hotel saves money on the all inclusive!! Sunbeds nice if you can get one even going down at 8am you cant get 2 together if you complain at the reception they say you cant reserve beds but clearly people do and get away with it. Public toilets smell and are major unclean to the point of you cant use them....complained at reception again was told they would send a cleaner down...same state next day. Keycards don't work I was down every day as we couldn't get in was told not to have it beside my mobile phone didn't have a mobile phone with me!! Sheets def not changed regularly. The top light weight white blanket wasn't changed throughout the 2 weeks as it had 2 worn out patches on it and they remained throughout. 4 STAR NEVER!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RHONA645
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very much involved in day-to-day matters of the hotel, so my answers to comments are based on that experience, so let’s agree to disagree on some of the stated facts mentioned about our hotel. We are working continuously on ways to be able to offer a better service.

Douglas, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife, daughter and I really enjoyed our 2 week holiday in Tenerife and would definitely recommend staying at this family-orientated hotel.

Really happy with our 'Pool view' room. It was well presented with good views with the safe and pool towels included. It was cleaned every day to an excellent standard.

We stayed 'All inclusive' and found food to be pretty good, lots of selection and always lots we enjoyed. Getting drinks at the Pool bar and in the evening was no problem whatsoever.

The reception, restaurant, bar and entertainment staff were excellent, always greeting and being polite. There were the occasional moments with bar staff you get that seem to be a bit stressed at peaks and are a little short with you, but this isn't a problem really as they would be fine on other occasions. One thing that annoyed me was asking for milk for our daughter. As she is 2, she was included in the price and had her wristband... if she prefers a bit of milk compared to a Strawberry Daiquiri then she can have some milk. A couple of staff over the two weeks made us feel awkward asking for this to an extent where neither of us looked forward to asking.

There is an excellent kids area to this hotel, lots for all ages including slides, swings, climbing frames, soft play areas (in the shade). Our daughter loved going to play here on the occasions we went for a play during the hottest part of the day. It was sometimes a little rowdy and loud as lots of guests despite coming on holiday as a family, left their kids there for the entertainment team to parent.

Many 'guests' get up silly o'clock to 'reserve' their sunbeds. We got up for breakfast before 9am every day. On the days we were spending the morning by the pool we would take our towels down with us to put on a sunbed whilst we had breakfast. We were always able to get a sunbed, albeit at the very back, nowhere near the pool, so we would often move them onto the grass to get a nice, spacious spot. We rarely got an umbrella however. What is irritating is all these sunbeds are already taken and noone is lying on them when you get down. When you go in for breakfast and let the little one have a wander before going out to pool, still hardly anyone is out lying on them? After you go for a dip and give the little one her now 11am bottle, still most just have towels on? As it happens, we much preferred the sunbeds we got, having some room to relax and many other families obviously did, but I would love to see this hotel sort these sunbed baggers out as it's my only negative about our stay here that others may swerve.

To be honest, the majority of 'guests' who did reserve the sunbeds and don't show up till later were also the guests who leave their kids running riot with the kids club staff during the day. They were also the 'guests' who let their kids run around screaming and swearing near the pool in the evening whilst they drank loudly in the bar, sat at the front of course. I would go as far as saying they were probably the 'guests' sat behind you in the plane and coach that got on and off before you and at some point pushed in front of you at the water park. Just maybe.

We went out and about in the evening, but the entertainment at the hotel seemed 'entertaining' the times we were around. The staff certainly put a shift in, have lots of energy, always smiling and were great with our daughter. As someone who has their iPod pretty much on full and is always getting the music turned down in the car, I found the music a little too 'pumping' later in the evening after whatever act had been on.

I've read quite a few reviews on this hotel before and after our holiday and I concur with the majority that this is an excellent hotel with many, many plus points with the sunbed situation being the only real shocker (like many probably) if it's important to you to be sat right in front of the pool. We would definitely recommend a holiday at the Bitacora and would return.

Room Tip: Definitely go Pool view room. Best views and extra perks like safe and pool towels included.
      Cleanliness
3 Thank jacob1979
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and our hotels standard was satisfactory.
We are working hard to maintain our standards so feedback from our guests is important to us. Thank you!
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is our 15th stay at the Bitacora. That speaks volumes as a former travel agent - who has visited many hotels, I have to say this is one of the cleanest most fantastic hotels I have ever stayed in. My special thanks to Jorge (bar area) Arsenio and Leo (restaurant) they made our holiday as special as ever 'welcoming us home'. The refurbished rooms are excellent, the entertainment is better than ever. The food is of a great variety. The cleanliness of the communal areas and rooms (daily maid service) is second to none. The kids activities are beyond brilliant as are the entertainment team. I am already looking to book again for 2015. My 12 year old son - cannot wait to go each year as such fabulous facilities. The area is central - with a plethora of shops to suit all budgets. Many restaurants and 10 mins from the beach (all flat) FANTASTIC JOB BITACORA HOTEL AND SEE YOU 2015 ;0)

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
2 Thank escobeggy
Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We couldn't have asked for better, from the welcoming receptionists to the skilled chefs and friendly service staff, to the cleaning staff who kept the hotel and grounds impeccable and were always friendly and courteous, they all contributed to a very positive experience.
The facilities and entertainment were great for adults and kids. We were part of a larger group of around 40 relatives and we had plenty of space to meet up at the pool, in the lobby, in the bar and in the restaurant.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a family holiday in Tenerife.

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you sharing your lovely memories of your stay at our hotel; it is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay special from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed.
We thank you for your wonderful comments on service and which of course have been shared with the entire team.
Once more thank you for your visit and for your review, we hope that you had a safe and comfortable journey back home. Until next time. Take care.
Warmest Regards,
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned (sadly) from an amazing two week stay at the Bitacora, we loved every minute!
Reception staff were fabulous, always friendly and keen to help whatever we needed. I often saw the manager of the hotel walking around poolside and was available, if you ever had concerns (not that we did). We found all areas of the hotel to be clean, there were times when the pool toilets were not perfect, however as a much used area, mostly by very wet people, I expected to find a wet floor when I went there. I thought the cleaners were fabulous and did their best to maintain the pool toilets throughout the day.

I have seen many people complain over the pool towel situation, it is a little ridiculous, as it is in most hotels. I got up early many days to reserve a bed and generally stayed up reading then. If you were not bothered about being at the very front looking into the pool there were always sun beds with umbrellas available till much later.

Food at the hotel was always lovely I found plenty of variety I could enjoy the restaurant staff were always friendly and very quick to clear and turn tables around.
The show grill was wonderful, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the freshly made crepes cooked in front of you, available every day, yum!

Our favourite part of the holiday was definitely the entertainment team, they were amazing!!
Absolute boundless energy throughout the holiday, I don't know how they do it. From daily activities such as archery, aqua gym, pétanque, water polo poolside mini games (cocktail games) for all, darts, free bingo to fabulous evening entertainment. They put together some wonderful evening shows too, with fabulous dancing from them all! There were also a few special days with outside entertainers/professionals who came to help out. Pink day and circus day were amazing with additional acivities for all. I could go on and on they were the best entertainment team I gave seen in any hotel! Our children were a little old for the children's clubs however friends of ours children had a fantastic time everyday and had their own programme of entertainment which they all loved.
Thank you Pinky, Carlos, Adri, Javi, Sonia, Yaya and Alba for adding so much fun to our already fabulous holiday.
I would highly recommend the Spring Hotel Bitacora to anyone!

Location
2 Thank 76Sam2013
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation; as you well say their attentiveness, genuine helpfulness and full commitment to ensure that our guests are making the most of their holiday is definitely our main asset, we will certainly not miss this opportunity to congratulate them on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing throughout your stay at our hotel.

Warmest Regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from two weeks All inclusive at the Bitacora. This is my second stay at the hotel. Stayed with my partner, two young children (1 and 5) and my parents.

Bad points: not the cleanest, bar staff of an evening are very very slow, nightmare to get sunbeds, one day I put my towels at 6 am and staff removed them! Yet if you went out at 7am you can't get a good one!

The bad stuff was completely made up for though with the very hard working Animacion team, my daughters especially loved Sonia and Javi but they are all brilliant and must really love their jobs! There's always something to do for both adults and children but it's not in your face if you do want to relax.
Foods nice and plenty to choose from and great selection of drinks in the AI.
Will be returning next year

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Honeybee12345
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you reaching out to us on Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your recent stay at our Spring Hotel Bitacora and apologize if you experienced any inconsistency in our service.
We lament not being informed immediately onsite about your discontent as we could have done whatever possible to make your stay an enjoyable one.
Until next time!