Spring Hotel Bitacora
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Best Tenerife(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Sunprime Coral Suites(Playa de las Americas)
  • Pool
La Siesta Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Optimist Aparthotel(Playa de las Americas)
  • Free Internet
Los Cardones(Playa de las Americas)
  • Pool
Playa Honda II Apartments(Playa de las Americas)
View Hotel
Spring Hotel Vulcano(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Sur Beach(Playa de las Americas)
  • Pool
Park Club Europe Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
3,734 results
All reviewsanimation teampool barhalf boardpool viewroom cardspring cardgreat holidaysuperior roomevening entertainmentwaiter serviceplay parkplenty of choicebar staffkids clubmain barsister hotelevery night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stayed in Bitacora in July 2010, 2 adults and 2 children and over ten years after my first visit in 1999, had a really great time. On this ocassion we had a pool view and on the fifth floor a sea view also. The food was great with an excellent choice for dinner and breakfast and the dining room staff really helpful and attentive. The childrens activity program was excellent while the nightly entertainment program was really great too. The only downside was the irrating issue of towels on sun beds at 5 or 6am and some people moving sun beds and blocking pool access. This type of behavious is rude and completely unacceptable and the only serious issue that would prevent me from recommending the Bitacora or making a return visit. In fairness the rooms are now due an over haul, but otherwise this excellently maintained and operated hotel is a really well located, affordable, 4 star family resort hotel of the highest standard. Long may it contiue to be and please enforce your own sensible rules in the pool area. Thanks for a memorable holiday

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time in sending us your review of your stay
at the Spring Hotel Bitacora

It is a real pleasure for all Bitacora staff to receive comments as yours. We are very proud to have succedded your expectations.

We hope forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the Easter break and were really impressed with the service, food, pool areas and spacious rooms in a great location. We have just returned, the hotel has since adopted an All Inclusive policy which has generally put a negative effect on our stay, (and other regular stayers we spoke to) To be fair the hotel needs to find a way of generating more income with this AI policy with the carrot of freebie passes to Siam Park. However, the flip side is queues for breakfasts and dinners, lack of any available sun loungers after 8.15am, client profile has changed..no longer an international flavour more of a north of Watford feel, tats & piercings et al dress code has dropped (but the price against other hotels within the immediate vicinity La Siesta, Best Tenerife is considerably higher) the general feeling this time is that the Bitacora will struggle to maintain its 4* rating if it continues with this new policy. Having said all that the staff are very helpful, facilities are good if a bit dated and its location so close to all the action around the Parque Santiago area is fabulous, we had a great holiday but alas a lot of it was away from the Bitacora!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Bitacora Hotel on Tripadvisor. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of you rating your stay so poorly... All of us here at Bitacora are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed .

We will take note of your complaint into consideration in order to keep improving our service

We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel and apologize once again for the inconveniences you may have experienced

Reviewed 1 November 2010

hada great stay at hotel bitacora located in a great spot the food is awful thou always cold and chips for breakfast from the night before! after a few days hada complain and got to eat dinners at their sister hotel, Hotel Vulcano which was warmer, lovely the way it was set out and of great quallity. pools were freezing which i think should be heated. entertainers just didnt seem bothered about their job and just stood about doing nothing really. wouldnt go back was put off by the food and pool, even thou rooms etc was clean!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Nice hotel very clean. Met several people who had been there many times, However it seems it is now all inclusive and the Hotel didn't seem to be able to cope. We queued at Reception on arrival for half an hour this should have been a warning. We queued to be seated in the dining room. We gave up on happy hour servicealso night time service in the Bar and went accross the road to the sister hotel.Bar staff were surly and ignored us. Food was plentiful and cold food was very nice however vegetables were poorly cooked and luke warm.Restauant staff were obliging and hardworking but not enough of them.Sunbeds were all reserved by 8am. if you wanted a place you had no alternative but had to participate. The pool area is not adequate for all the people catered for. If you like lieing very close to complete strangers then you will be ok. The Hotel is situated in a nice area of Playa Americas but cafes are expensive.and sell poor quality snacks ie £4.00 for a slice of cheese on two slices of dry bread (Crusts off of course) One last moan the beds were like ironing boards.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gorgran
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Reviewed 1 November 2010

I have stayed at the Bitacora now 17 times since 1999.
I love it there, its my 2nd home - even down to the staff there some of who I now consider friends saying Welcome Home!
This was the 1st time all inclusive was offered and I did stay on an all inclusive basis - fantastic for the kids drinks as they could just go and get themselves without me having to go with them and sign to the room as I usually do. For me personally in the day the drinks were fine, but did fall down slightly at night, I usually have 1 cocktail as I am not a big drinker and certainly not greedy - but these werent included with the all inclusive.
The food in the restaurant was as lovely as always, but the staff were really overworked with people wanting to make the most of their all inclusive so ordering far more drinks than actually required - just because they could. Having said that I was extremely well looked after and served straight away no problems.
My only critisism, which is meant as constructive critisism not just a slating like some have put on here would be the deteriation at the pool bar. On half board not being a big eater at lunch, i would have a toasted sandwich which was gorgeous, but on all inclusive you have to cook your own and the toaster isnt too clean when children have bits of food stuck to it. I would prefer to sit at a table as in the past and have my toastie cooked for me.
All in all a fantastic hotel, great food, great staff and I will continue to visit at least once a year. I am a Travel Counsellor and do continue to recommend it to clients - infact as i type I have a client there at the moment who has called me from beside the pool to book again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time in sending us your review of your stay
at the Spring Hotel Bitacora

We hope forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards