“Nothing to fault at all. ”

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nothing to fault at all. ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home yesterday. Such a fantastic hotel nothing to fault them on at all. We arrived around 7pm and got a taxi straight to the hotel costing €25. The lady at reception who checked us in was so helpful, we were upgraded to a superior room. Room 9419. This was a pleasant surprise.
The room was lovely, a big spacious living area with a fold out sofa, separate bedroom. 2 balconies one small one over looking the street and a larger one over looking the pool. The large balcony was a great space with a plunge pool and sun loungers. There was noise at night from Hard Rock Cafe but this didn't bother us at all.
Breakfast was amazing, so much choice, was hard to decide every morning what to have. Everything looked lovely.
Plenty of loungers around the pool area. Which was kept very clean and tidy.
I also felt very safe in the hotel with the secured card entry system.
Great location. Right on the beach one way and right out to shops and restaurants the other way.
I would like to say how nice, polite and helpful all the staff were, it really makes a difference. Nothing was to much trouble for them. Booking taxis, late check out, everything we asked for was granted.
I definitely will be back and I am going to recommend this hotel to my parents.

Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Pamela F
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m very pleased to know of your satisfaction with our services and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page, where you will find our best promotions and information about availability.

Esteban Sedano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here in room 8206 (Ocean view) for 3 nights. I can't fault the hotel - the staff were very good, the check-in efficient, the breakfast superb and the ambience very good.

We were lucky the week we stayed that the new show opened at the Piramide, and everyone at the hotel were given 50% off the ticket price.

Staff arranged late checkout for us with minimal fuss.

Only fault I could find is that our room didn't catch the sun at all - but with that view and the beach right outside - we weren't in the room long enough to care.

Agree with other reviewers - the beds weren't the most comfortable - but we're early risers anyway - and to be able to go for a long stroll along the promenade in teh morning was a pleasure.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms don't really have sun on the balconies Best rooms for late afternoon sun seem t...
1 Thank goober65
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Regarding the mattresses, we can provide you with top mattresses that might help improving the quality of your rest.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance with your next booking.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel in January 2014 and didn’t enjoy it at all.
I definitely wouldn’t return here and I remember reading that the only reason this isn’t a 5 star hotel was because of the pool (or something similar) this is clearly not the case. I would say at best, this is a 3 star hotel. The whole place is so dated. I’m sure it was lovely in the 1980’s maybe, but hasn’t been updated since then. The only good thing about this hotel is its location in the centre of the resort, and right on the beach & promenade.

Pros:

Location is excellent, right on the beach and close to the restaurants & bars of the resort.
Promenade stretches along the hotel in both directions – perfect for walkers or runners.
Breakfast selection was quite good – something there for everyone.
Being able to use the pool at the adjoining hotel was good – it had a bigger pool so a better chance of getting a sunbed.
Nice pool area (even if a little crowded)
Reception staff are very nice.

Cons:

Very loud building works going on at the hardrock café – totally disturbing the peace.
Rooms are horrible - so so dated and smelly.
Bed was extremely uncomfortable – it seems to be some kind of metal collapsible frame with a paper thin mattress.
Glass doored shower is in the middle of the room, right under the telly and opposite the door of the room, so no privacy. I couldn’t have a shower when my husband went for a run as I was afraid he would open the door while I was showering and I would be in full view – our room was also opposite the lifts!
Pool side suites in the main block did not get sun at any time of the day – therefore plunge pool was of no use whatsoever as the weather was too cold in the shade.
The breakfast restaurant felt like a school cafeteria. It was nearly impossible to get a free table that was cleaned. We would usually have to stand over a dirty table until we could find someone to clear it away.
There was never any coffee available at breakfast – there were tables where it was supposed to be, but it was usually gone.
People continually put towels on sunbeds and then disappeared for the day, meaning it was impossible to get a sunbed at times, yet only half the beds in use at any one time.
Poor lunch time selection of food at the pool bar.
Service at best was generally mediocre.
Its sister hotel next door was even more dated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank jackie0123
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

The only utility of a review is that it serves to improve our services. Obviously this requires that the review be poured at the right time, because five months later could not be justified, like, i.e., the noise caused by the works, which finished months ago.

As you can see in other more recent comments, some of the problems you have experienced have already been solved thanks to the valuable contribution of the guests who provided feedback on time.

As you might have known if you had consulted our staff, we have several types of rooms, many with classic bathroom. If we had became aware of your opinion we would have offered a room to your liking and even in a more sunny location, which our U-shaped hotel allows.

Also we would have offered an alternative mattress or top mattress to improve your rest.

It's a shame that you have not sent us your impressions at the right time, when we could take action to improve your experience with us.

I hope the rest of your stay has been pleasant.

Manchester
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have just spent 10 days at this hotel with my girlfriend and we were very satisfied overall with our stay. Upon arrival the champagne was a nice touch and the welcome staff were very friendly helping us with our baggage. The breakfast area had lots to choose from however there could be a more diverse selection for the British.

Our room was facing the Med Palace, we had a view of the sea and the mountains and was definitely a better view than facing the pool full of skantily clad elder women.

The pool itself was fantastic and the pool area was very clean overall. Sometimes the pool staff were a bit too eager aligning the beds but all in all very good. I would consider returning to this hotel one day.

3 Thank apount
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m happy to know of your satisfaction with our services and facilities.

I hope to have the chance tow elcome you again soon.

yorkshire
Reviewed 10 June 2014

very clean hotel but bedrooms badly in need of refurb,paid £320 to upgrade to top floor with plunge pool but grouting and tiling in poor condition so dont know what cheaper rooms are like.pleasant staff and breakfasts and pool bar food excellent,not so the evening meals pretty
poor only ate in twice though on half board.there were few diners, met regulars who always had bed and breakfast so would do that if return.The new Hard Rock cafe does late music and fumes
from cooking does affect the adjacent rooms.

Room Tip: high floor but not opposite Hard Rock cafe as the cooking vents give off fumes onto the balcony.also...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 1tomato2
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m sorry that some aspects of our facilities have not been up to your expectations.

Please, accept my most sincere excuses for any inconvenience.

I hope that your next stay will be more pleasant. Do not hesitate to contact us once you have settled your booking and we will allocate you far from any noise.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I arrived Saturday Night,it's now Monday ,This Hotel is just stunning,we are in room 8415,and could not be happier,the terrace is huge,sun loungers,table and chairs,private plunge pool, The location of the Hotel is perfect,lots of restaurant s and bars near by. My only complaint ,and it's not really a complaint,got very confused at breakfast, A huge amout of food on offer,as well as chocolates and cava,if you wish, You must also see the musical Malizia,we saw it last night, fantastic, Daniella from Scotland ,sold us the tickets she was great, were in the balcony with an ice bucket,cava,and beautiful cakes,the dancers and costumes,stunning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Donnyandmoira
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review.

I´m glad to read that you are enjoying so much our services and facilities. I´m also happy to know that you have assisted our show Malizia, on for just a couple of successful weeks!

I hope the rest of your stay will continue being so pleasant.

derbyshire
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is our second visit in 8months ,the check in went smoothly the glasses of chilled cava were very welcome.the breakfast I thought had improved ,the smoked salmon went down really well with scrambled eggs and washed down with chilled cava,the staff were very helpful we did not have to leave until4.45pm and the hotel let us have a room free of charge for showering and changing. Into our travelling clothes.But I wish they would brush the pool area a bit more I cut my foot on a small sliver of glass and noticed that someone else did the same,apart from that we have had a wonderful holiday ,thankyou

Room Tip: They say the rooms with the plunge pools are the best they were all booked when we went but we were...
2 Thank aldwark
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m glad to know that your experience with us has been so positive and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

I´m sorry about the incident with te piece of glass. Only plastic glasses are allowed on the pool area to avoid such issues. I hope you are fully recovered now.

Esteban Sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
H10 Conquistador
H10 Conquistador
#23 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,291 reviews

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!