“As Expected.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“As Expected.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Second time at Cleopatra and this time took the family.Once again a great holiday had by all.
Great Location for beach, bars and shopping.
Nice to see a lot of original staff still doing a great job.
Well done to everyone.!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert W
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us again for your holidays in Tenerife.

It is a pleasure to welcome you back and I hope you will visit us again in the near future.

You can check our best promotions and other advantages in our web page.

Esteban Sedano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
cragavon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and i stayed in July and i have to say we had a fabulous time.The hotel its self is beautiful its clean,tidy and the staff made the holiday.The breakfast was amazing they catered for all .The rooms are basic but that wouldnt put me of they were always spotless the cleaner was worth her weight in gold.we had a lovely balconey overlooking the pool it was a beautiful view the sun stayed until 9 it was so relaxing i would reccomend this to hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: pool view amazing
      Location
1 Thank joan k
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your short but positive review.

I´m really happy to know that you have enjoyed your holidays with us and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need regarding future bookings. We´ll be glad to assist you.

Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I visited here whilst spending 3 days in Tenerife. This hotel is lovely, really nice large rooms, tastefully decorated, large comfortable beds, large swimming pool with lots of loungers available.

The food was very good, very nice English breakfast which was buffet style.

I found the location to be perfect. The hotel is located roughly around a 15 minute walk away from Veronicas which was perfectly located as it takes you away from all the noise you get over that way.

The hotel is absolutely huge and can be hard to navigate your way around until you find your bearings.

Overall this hotel is lovely and well worth it.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Andy R
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad to read that you have enjoyed our services, location and facilities.

We will be pleased to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife, hopefully for a longer stay.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page, where you will find additional information on prices and availability for future bookings.

Lake District, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

luxury hotel maybe on paper or maybe to those that haven't had the pleasure to experience real quality...but not luxury in reality...as when we compare to others the cleopatra is missing many things...
and just so your aware we are not posh snobs and i was brought up on a poor council estate,we are working class and have a good life as i have a few well paid jobs,so our comments aren't about high class living,they are just honesty from what we have experienced...
we have stayed in the ''gloria palace & thalaso spa'' in gran canaria and that is a true 4 star,and cleopatra palace is close to but not there yet..we stayed in room 8357 which has no sun on the balcony whatsoever even though i emailed the hotel in advance to request this,i also ordered flowers for the room as my partner loves flowers and they were very nice but not once did the cleaner offer to fill or refresh them,the bath had rusty/dirty marks on the sink chain area,which is unacceptable in a so called 4 star hotel! and our bathroom floor wasn't cleaned in the 7 days we stayed as i use talc and it was never swept or mopped,and the bede had a fowl smell coming from it which we could only describe as sewerage,the room was ok,apart from no double bed just two singles slid together,most places even in corfu provide a classy double bed,the curtains didn't meet right,the furniture is very tatty..so room isn't very good for the money they ask,as I've said its a true 3 star but defiantly not a 4 star...
now one of my jobs is a chef/cook and I've done this for 20 year so heres my opinion on the breakfast..if you love champagne/caviar/salmon/sliced meats/cheeses,over cooked fried eggs & frankfurters sauage/smoked bacon / mixed fruits and poor quality cereals then you'll love there breakfast choices...yes theres plenty of choices if your german or russian ect but I'm sorry but i would rather not bother..and when you see there attempt at porridge you will laugh..anyway some of you will love it but I've had better breakfasts in sahara beach Tunisia...
now service wasn't great as i did request an iced bucket for our room as i go and collect one of the best champagnes from a local restaurant ''choukys'' and we like to enjoy a glass before we head out for our evening meal,so when i asked once again has my request been dealt with i was told by the reception ladies that i had to call room service yet again..just a joke in all honesty so your service is very poor and you are very misguided in thinking your service is up there with the best...so not 4 star at all...
now onto the pool area,great area and could only pick one fault...the music....playing jazz & classical ect music by the pool is very repetitive every day for 7days so not my idea of peace & quiet relaxing time..
now onto some of the guests..i was brought up by my father to be a gentleman,so when i was leaving the hotel via the secure beach gates i would hold it open for anyone as you do,i have never met so many ignorant russians and they were russians! in my whole life,i made a point of saying to them ''your welcome'' and did they respond no..very very rude people..so I'm very sorry but the cleopatra is no place for the good holiday makers like us...

so really to sum every aspect up we would say for the money there is better hotels in the area and they really do look after you much better than the cleopatra will...dont get us wrong if you like the look of the place and think you would enjoy what they have to offer then you probably will...but don't go thinking it will be good just on looks alone...we have covered many weddings as photographers in some very high class hotels all over the lake district & scotland and they are all about money not service & the cleopatra is just the same....so as for me & my wife its a big no...i won't recommend the cleopatra as they just haven't hit the mark for us personally...

hope my honest opinion helps some of you with your choice as this is what trip advisor is here for..

mr c a thomson

Room Tip: don't waste your time asking for a nice room or sunny balcony as they don't bother once you...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank christomo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m very sorry to read that our services and facilities have been far below your expectations.

We always try to make our best for our guests but we are not perfect so we do not always achieve this goal.

I beg you to excuse us for any inconvenience.

I suggest you to try our Hotel Sir Anthony within the same resort, fully refurbished and probably closer to your preferences. You can check pictures and facilities in our web page.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We love this hotel, everyone is so lovely it really is like coming home! We were sorry to see Chris go but Victor (and his cocktails)' David, Wen & Seb all so lovely to see again. The staff at this hotel are really the best ever nothing is to much trouble, Nico & Pedro at the front desk so lovely. And the wonderful receptionist so helpful and kind, I think my husband lost his heart again to the lady with the long nails (you know who you are!!!) I really can't express the wonderful times we have spent in this hotel, I really can't wait to see you all again. Thank you all for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: We had a superior room with pool, and I request a room that had sun in the afternoon and it was amaz...
4 Thank Sue J
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice words and for all the personal congratulations to members of our team. I promise I will pass them your comments so that they can also enjoy them as much as I have.

I´m happy to know that you have chosen us again for your holidays and I hope to welcome you again soon.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Nice big hotel which is joined together with the other two hotels now called Cleopatra palace with under pass to the med palace next door you can eat in either but buffet breakfast has better choice in Cleopatra swimming pool is better in med palace child friendly particularly

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank David W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting here your positive review.

I´m glad to know that your stay has been pleasant.

One of the advantages of staying with us is the possibility of useng the entire resort facilities, no matter where you are staying. I´m delighted that you have benefited from this.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed in this hotel on many occasions starting off with standard rooms when our children were young and progressing to family rooms and for the past couple of years a suite with a plunge pool on the balcony. Each holiday has been memorable for different reasons. Admittedly last year we had some problems with our suite which we had to report but the staff were always friendly, helpful and efficient when trying to help us. For the inconvenience we were offered an upgrade the next time we went to the hotel. Amazingly we were given an upgrade to a presidential suite this year on the top floor which we did not know about until we checked in. It has an enormous balcony which overlooks the beach and sea with a plunge pool, 3 sun beds and an eating area under a large canopy , 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a dining room and lounge. The beds are comfortable and bedding and towels changed frequently. It is a room like no other we have ever stayed in. I am sure we will never have this opportunity again but it is an experience we will never forget. Every room in this hotel is a delight to stay in but this is way superior to anything we have experienced before.

Room Tip: Sea views are outstanding but not much noise whether staying in a room overlooking the pool or sea.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tracey W
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I’m happy to know that you have enjoyed your visit and the special upgrade we have prepared for you. I would also like to thank you for choosing us again for your holidays in Tenerife.

Nothing could please us more than welcoming you again soon. I suggest you to visit our web page, where you will find additional information about our services and our best promotions.

Esteban Sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
H10 Conquistador
#17 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,053 reviews
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#13 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!