“OK, just not for me...”

Hotel Best Tenerife
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here for a week with my Mum and my four children, age 13, 11, 10 and 6.

Firstly the room; we had a '2 bedroom apartment' which had sofa beds in the living room, pretty much standard for 6 of us wishing to share the same apartment. The apartment was in a corridor type set up and the bedrooms were more like bed areas, did the trick but there was no privacy at all. The bathroom was beautiful looking, huge with an enormous mirror and brilliant shower, strangely with no extractor fan though. It also had a hair dryer which when I tried to use it, started sparking and smoking, so left that well alone. Maid service was daily, staff were courteous and thorough, respected the do not disturb sign which is handy if you want a lie in.

The hotel complex is clean, if a little dated and in need of a spruce up. I found it all to be a little regimented. I know this is the nature of the all inclusive but this really felt like it was being ran with military precision. A criticism I have is that the bar staff were reluctant to serve children. We paid a lot of money for this holiday so the kids could go up and get drinks and ice cream when they wanted to. My kids are polite and courteous but on many occasions were ignored by bar staff when they wanted drinks in favour of adult guests, many of whom pointed this out to bar staff that there are children in the queue before them.

The food I wasn't impressed with, carb fest x 3 on a daily basis. I liked the fact that gluten free dishes were pointed out by signs but if anybody is thinking of staying here who are vegetarian or vegan, bring some food with you as you will get sick of dry bread and pasta! Another thing was that a couple of days in, 3 of our party were struck down by a tummy bug; as our apartment was next to the toilets, it seemed that a lot of people were struck down with the same.

Hotel location is great, not far from the beach and the buzz of Las Americas. Took my daughter and her newly found friend shopping under Parque Santiago III apartments shopping complex and there's so many perfume and nick nack shops, we spent hours there! There's also a McDonalds on the front which I took my youngest son to as a treat.

Kids club was good, my sons signed up for this most days and enjoyed themselves.

Overall, this hotel is OK but really not for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We have taken note of all your comments and are looking into it to be able to improve all our services.
Our goal is always to offer to all our customers the best service at the best price.
Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel and we stay at your disposal for any thing you would like to add.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We arrived at The Best Hotel 15th October for 10 days. I had stayed there before and had requested a certain room, which we were given. As always the staff were extremely helpful. The maids kept our room lovely and clean, with fresh towels and clean bed linen. We were forgotten by the maids on one occasion, which I should think is an easy mistake to make, and when we rang reception they apologised and the maid was there within 15 mins. The hotel is very clean. Bar staff are excellent. The only moan I would have is the hot food in the restaurant for some reason is often quite cool. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane B
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your positive review!
We are delighted to know you felt so well attended by all our staff members and have taken note of your opinion to improve our services. We will be looking forward to receive soon again

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We. Have. had two weeks at this hotel three years since we last went and was treated like old friends..All the staff very friendly and helpful.All the staff from management to the porters work so hard to make sure you have a good holiday

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gill2710
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time in writing us this review.
We really appreciate your comments and are glad to know you had a lovely stay with us.

Hope to welcome you back very soon at Best Tenerife and we are at your disposal for any thing you would like to add.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I recently stayed for four nights at this hotel, having stayed once before. I checked reviews before I booked and cannot understand how people can complain about the hotel, especially the food. One of the reasons I picked this hotel again was the excellent choice of food available and I wasn't disappointed this time, in fact I think they have added extra elements ie fresh fruit smoothies at breakfast and pizza and garlic bread being cooked fresh during the evening meals. There is so much choice, there must be something for everyone.

I contacted the hotel before arrival and requested the ground floor pool view as I had previously and I was allocated exactly what I asked for. Room had two double beds, good air con, fridge, flat screen tv, unfortunately with only Sky News in English if you want to watch tv. Room clean with large bath towels and toiletries provided.

On my second day I returned to the room to find a bag of biscuits and a bottle of bubbly left for me which I thought was very nice, put it down to being a returning guest??

Check in was good and the reception staff were very friendly and helped me with my wifi which would not work. Just had to wait about 30 minutes for my room to be ready so just went next door to the shop to buy water whilst I waited.

The entertainment had moved indoors this time and I only went to watch a couple of times, nothing I particularly wanted to see. Drinks were not too expensive and the cocktails were well presented.

The hotel is in a nicer area of PDLA, just a short stroll to the beach and some nice shopping centres with plenty of bars and restaurants.

I didn't use the pool, which is very nice, as I like to be on the beach. Sunbed with umbrella 8E on one beach and 5E with shade on another. There is a small train costing 11E runs around the resort which passes 40 minutes and gives you a chance to see some of the other hotels and areas.

I would definitely return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I've only stayed on ground floor with pool view which are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank lindyloo-2007
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments it is much appreciated.
We are happy to hear from you and to know you have had a great time in our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon and please don’t hesitate to contact us for any other thing you would like to add.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We usually use Riu hotels but this hotel was recommended in the Thomas Cook store in Meadowhall as "The best all inclusive in the area" and as good as a Riu. Absolute load of rubbish.
The rooms are poor and dated, TV has only 1 English Channel that being sky news. We asked for high, quiet and double room. We got 1st floor above the very busy bus drop off and a twin. We were moved to another room but still none of our requests were met.
The TC rep, a very nice guy but resolved nothing, openly admitted they had issues with the attitude of the staff towards the English in this predominantly German occupied hotel and were working to improve the experience for their customers. We actually had an issue at the doors of the restaurant were a certain Snr. Perez refused me entry as I was wearing a pair of smart shorts despite other people of a certain nationality wearing football shorts and vests! His words were " I don't care if you are a paying guest I am the restaurant Manager".
The management response to everything is a complimentary bottle of cava to your room.
My advice, never believe the advisors in the shop they are just after a sale and use technology to get real reviews of other peoples experiences.
Andy from Barnsley.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy H
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to hear you that we did not meet all your expectations and take note of the points you have mentioned to be able to improve our services.
Please understand that the dressing code in the restaurant it’s well informed and applied for all our customers the same way.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Just recently returned from the best Tenerife I have only 1 complaint the entertainment was poor but other than that the hotel was the best cleanliness,staff,food,location all better than expected ....thank you for making my first solo holiday experience a happy one.

• Stayed: October 2013
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about our hotel.
We are sorry to hear that our entertainment program wasn’t to your liking, but we shall look into that area to improve it also.
Hope to have you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have just come back from this hotel and i will not be staying there again or reccomending it to anyone. The restaraunt staff were rude and not willing to help, the food was rubbish, and the worst thing is waking up and trying to fall asleep to hearing someone going to the toilet right above me in the room above. This hotel doesn't deserve the stars it has ive stayed in better B&Bs

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank tom h

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.
We are sorry to hear that you did not like your stay in our hotel, how I wish you would have contact me while still you were still here and will be able to talk over it.
Hope you can consider return to our hotel and please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for any other thing you would like to ask or add.

Kind regards