Stayed here for a week with my Mum and my four children, age 13, 11, 10 and 6.
Firstly the room; we had a '2 bedroom apartment' which had sofa beds in the living room, pretty much standard for 6 of us wishing to share the same apartment. The apartment was in a corridor type set up and the bedrooms were more like bed areas, did the trick but there was no privacy at all. The bathroom was beautiful looking, huge with an enormous mirror and brilliant shower, strangely with no extractor fan though. It also had a hair dryer which when I tried to use it, started sparking and smoking, so left that well alone. Maid service was daily, staff were courteous and thorough, respected the do not disturb sign which is handy if you want a lie in.
The hotel complex is clean, if a little dated and in need of a spruce up. I found it all to be a little regimented. I know this is the nature of the all inclusive but this really felt like it was being ran with military precision. A criticism I have is that the bar staff were reluctant to serve children. We paid a lot of money for this holiday so the kids could go up and get drinks and ice cream when they wanted to. My kids are polite and courteous but on many occasions were ignored by bar staff when they wanted drinks in favour of adult guests, many of whom pointed this out to bar staff that there are children in the queue before them.
The food I wasn't impressed with, carb fest x 3 on a daily basis. I liked the fact that gluten free dishes were pointed out by signs but if anybody is thinking of staying here who are vegetarian or vegan, bring some food with you as you will get sick of dry bread and pasta! Another thing was that a couple of days in, 3 of our party were struck down by a tummy bug; as our apartment was next to the toilets, it seemed that a lot of people were struck down with the same.
Hotel location is great, not far from the beach and the buzz of Las Americas. Took my daughter and her newly found friend shopping under Parque Santiago III apartments shopping complex and there's so many perfume and nick nack shops, we spent hours there! There's also a McDonalds on the front which I took my youngest son to as a treat.
Kids club was good, my sons signed up for this most days and enjoyed themselves.
Overall, this hotel is OK but really not for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Best Tenerife is located in the South of Tenerife, on the well known beach of Las Americas and only 300m. from Las Vistas beach. Comfortable rooms with balcony, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Restaurant and Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Best Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Tenerife Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Princess Hotel
- Hotel Tenerife Princess
- Hotel Best Tenerife Playa De Las Americas