We travelled for a week in this hotel with our 4 year old grandson. We asked for a low floor and got one, room 145, which looked out over a roof garden which was really safe for him. The room was very large with 2 double beds. probably past it's best but clean and functional with a large flat tv. The bath had a fixed shower screen which meant you had to get in the bath to reach the taps which was really odd and tricky to do. The whole hotel was nice and clean but again needs a bit of tlc. The pool area was spacious and the pools were clean and safe, one freezing cold and one heated, although I found it too warm, but really safe for kids. The entertainers worked hard during the day and evening, nothing radical just the usual games and shows, but the highlight was the foam party which my grandson (and me really loved)
We had no issue in getting a sunbed at any time although the ones round to pool were reserved from around 8am
We were fully inclusive and were able to help ourselves to all the drinks which was novel but really effective with no waiting to be served. We found the choice to be absolutely fine, snacks were also available during the day. The dining room was always busy but we never had to wait. I'm not sure they need so many waiters to show you to a table though as for example in the Bouganville, it is just as busy but you find your own table. We are not fussy and found the food to be very good although it could have been kept hotter. Very little for children though. All inclusive drinks in the dining room were the same as those who paid, ie bottles of san Miguel rather than draft beer.
The staff are a bit grumpy but then we find the Spanish grumpy wherever you go and they sometimes forget that without tourism they would be goosed!
The location is perfect, right in the middle of what we consider to be the, more upmarket area of Las Americas.
On our last day we had to check out at noon and did not leave the hotel until 5pm. The courtesy room was very good, with a shower, plenty of towels, hair dryer etc so have no fear about leaving your room and I would not bother with the 30 odd euros to keep it on for a few hours unless of course you leave much later.
We go to Tenerife twice a year and I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel and are looking to return in November
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Best Tenerife is located in the South of Tenerife, on the well known beach of Las Americas and only 300m. from Las Vistas beach. Comfortable rooms with balcony, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Restaurant and Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Best Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Tenerife Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Princess Hotel
- Hotel Tenerife Princess
- Hotel Best Tenerife Playa De Las Americas