I was a little concerned when on the coach on the way to the hotel, as me and my girlfriend had built the hotel up in our minds and told all our friends about how amazing it was. It was only at this point we realised that it would be horribly embarrassing if we'd got it wrong. All these fears were dashed as we walked into the lobby however. This bright, airy space instantly made me relax. The staff in the reception were friendly and smiley and explained everything to us in perfectly understandable English. We were told that as guests of the hotel, we would also have access to the sister hotel's casino, and while we didn't take up this offer, it was a very nice touch.
The room itself was lovely, clean and spacious. It had clearly been recently renovated, everything looking modern and fresh. We also had a pool view, which was very nice, as we hadn't even asked for one.
The pool area was flawless, the hotel's policy of not allowing sunbeds to be reserved was clearly being enforced, allowing anyone to get a bed (even on the posh fabric ones). The staff, as I mentioned earlier were so friendly and all looked like they were having a really good time. The joked about with the guests and all seemed great with kids. The daytime and night time entertainment were both really really good, we were treated to a midday foam party with free champagne on our first day, which was really nice, and later on they whipped out an inflatable assault course which resulted in me getting very wet. Evening entertainment showcased everything, from acrobatics to a snake show. Couldn't fault it. There was even a fun show for kids every evening.
We went half board, and were treated to the most incredible buffet I have ever seen ever in the history of everything. There were theme nights every night; Italian, Spanish, Argentinian, Canarias, Mexican, Oriental, each with show cooking, and some featuring a live themed bands. Breakfast was just as good, with the crepe stand offering fresh made to order crepes, if you could handle the queue. Literally all tastes could be catered for, both for breakfast and dinner. The cocktails at the hotel were cheaper than at any bar in the area, and great quality. Everything is charged to your room, so there is no need for any cash by the pool.
Finally, the reason not to go all inclusive. Taking one look at the bar menu would show what bad value for money all inclusive is. Out of some 180 drinks on offer, only 50 were free to all inclusive customers, not even bottled water was included. On one occasion we were accidentally served an all inclusive version of the house cocktail 'H10 especial' Instead of it's paid counterpart, and it tasted and looked like a virgin tequila sunrise rather than the green (and very alcoholic) half board equivalent. It was explained to us that the all inclusive drinks came out of a machine, and the paid drinks were hand made.
To conclude, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, You won't find anything nicer for the price. Definitely worth it's 4* rating!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea in Playa de las Americas, with direct access to the promenade, H10 Conquistador has just been revamped, giving it a very bright and modern design with a maritime feel. You'll be amazed by the extensive range of services offered by the hotel: Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services, for stays with that extra touch of exclusivity, Despacio Thalasso Centre, our Health and Beauty Centre for pampering yourself during your stay, and our wide variety of gastronomic options, including new eateries such as the Italian restaurant La Vita e Bella, the Teppanyaki Sakura and the specialised coffee shop Mike's Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, H10 Hotels, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your H10 Conquistador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Conquistador Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Conquistador
- h10 Conquistador Resort
- Conquistador Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Conquistador Tenerife
- Conquistador Tenerife
- H10 Conquistador Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas