“Best ever holiday”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have just been to Tenerife for 1 month (although it was our 4th time this year) and we had the most marvellous holiday thanks to the service of the staff at the Conquistador.
They just could'nt do enought for ust.

The food there is very much improved over the past 2 years, thanks to new management.

Excellent value for money!!!!

Teresa O'Callaghan

Room Tip: We have slept in different rooms over the past few years, and find that they are all equally as good...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear Mrs O´Callaghan,

We thank you about your positive review on tripadvisor. We are very pleased to know most of our guest felt their expectations covered.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Having stayed at a variety of hotels in Las Americas, I would say this was the poorest for service & food!
The bedrooms are clean, but rather basic. We had two pool/sea view rooms, refurbished. However my son's room had a lovely view of the top of palm trees. He could not see the pool unless he ducked down to look under the tree.
My complaint & reason for saying I would not return is the lack of staff & service.
This was my seventh year on the run in Las Americas, same dates ( Oct school half-term,10 nights).We always try a different hotel, so I am used to very busy hotels.However, all the hotels previously have had more staff in restaurants & bars. The restaurant had tables that constantly needed clearing, so you always had to wait for a table. The pool bar was under staffed. This hotel is a mix of all inclusive guests & like ourselves, half-board. I think the hotels policy is if they do not have enough staff they don't have to give away drinks! However, we were paying for ours & you could not find a waiter or get near the bar! The food was very poor, so bad we ate out every night the last 6 nights in the near by local restaurants, all excellent service & food.
The one thing that really annoyed me was my broken bed-frame. I mentioned it to reception & they said they would fix it. I then mentioned it to them a further two times! Their final reply was the hotel was full & they had no spare beds to change it with. So needless to say, as well poor food, long waits between drinks, I also had no sleep!!
As I mentioned previously the hotel is in a great location, if it was just a food complaint, I would return to the hotel & go out to eat. However, it was the whole package of bad service, waiting for tables at breakfast, long lines at the bar. There are plenty of other hotels in the area with far better service than this one. We spoke to another couple who have stayed at The Conquistador twice a year & have done so for many years. They said this was their worst experience. They had noticed a lack of staff & decline in the quality of food since their last stay in April this year. They were re-thinking next Easters visit.
I think profit is becoming more important than customer care & good hospitality in the mind of the management.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank holidayfunEngland_UK
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, as it has always been good value and with a great location. However, despite its new decor and refurbishment, I cannot recommend it anymore.
The staff work really really really hard here, so I do feel bad to criticise it - but the main courses at dinner are never really hot, the pool water is unclean (lots of floating debris from the trees and swimmers (hair, skin, plasters etc), the edge of the pool side where the water laps the tiles is filthy (not like that in any other hotel in the resort), and while the bedroom was modern - the bed was so hard it was like sleeping on concrete. There are simply better places to stay.
On the plus side, the desserts are great and the view from the pool view balcony over the sea is sensational - that is it though.

Room Tip: Get a pool view.
1  Thank fletchdirect
Carlos M, Director de Recepción at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for your comments we could read them days ago on the review sent by your wife/girlfriend on the 24th of October under the title “Not won over after first visit”. We can just say you the same as we wrote on your first review, you have just to visit the first review you sent. Anyway we have taken into consideration both opinions.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I Wanted something special as my wife had been unwell for some time. and boy was this special. From the moment we arrived everything was just great. Nothing was ever to much for the very friendly staff. The rooms where great well laid out and very clean. The public toilets where 10 out of 10 for our full 12 days there. the bar was great value in the price for a 4 star.
We where half board and the food at both breakfast and dinner was superb. Granted there will always be some thing on display that would not appeal to everyones taste ..but with such a wide varied selection you could not be disappointed. If anyone has complaints about the FOOD in this hotel.. then stay at home. great leisure centre. only gripe lifts where slow at busy times. The lighting on the stage for the evening entertainment inside was poor. to much laser,

Room Tip: 600 to 620 on the 6th floor what a amazing view last thing at night and first thing in the morning...
3  Thank georgemccready1959

Dear Mr.:

We are pleased to know you enjoyed very much in our hotel and also we thank you for taking some minutes of your time to write this review.

We hope we can welcome you at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from the 6th Oct for 1 week, we stayed in room 623 Privilege. We were welcomed with a bottle of cava chilling in ice bucket and some chocolates, it was a lovwly touch, we were celebtating 21 years of marriage. The room was facing the sea, had a long balcony, we also had ipod docking station and coffee machine in our room, mini bar was replenished daily at not extra cost (this was great), rooms cleaned daily, towels changed every evening and chocolates given. Choice of where to dine, being privilege you could use the Italian restaurant every morning for breakfast or every evening to your dinner, just need to remeber to book. the entrance was beautiful and everyone was very helpful. Had some beautiful pictures taken with the onsite photo team. I joined in the aqua gym twice a week and my husband took part in the archery. We also spent some time in the spa, lovely jacuzzi's and steamroom, with a relaxation room too. In the afternoon we spent time in the privilege lounge, terrace and jacuzzi. We would like to thank Annabel personally for the special attention she paid to everyone, she was always smiling and happy, she made some wonderful fruit cocktails too :-) The weather was fantastic and we had a wonderful time, Thank You x

Room Tip: Floors 6 & 7 are for privilege customers, all have sea views,
2  Thank sprice31

Dear Mr/Mrs.:

Thanks for your nice review in so popular site. We hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel from 3 Oct for 3 weeks. The reason why our stay was such a pleasure was due to the outstanding attention given to us by Mariola in Customer Relations. We simply could not praise this lady enough. Mariola is a star. Along with her staff nothing was too much trouble despite the demands on their time. The deputy manager, Nellie goes to great lengths to ensure clients, like my wife, who have walking difficulties and the disabled in wheelchairs, have full access to all parts of the hotel and its grounds and that their stay is made stress-free with yet further improvements for wheelchair clients ongoing. The room we stayed in was fabulous. Both Mariola and Nellie along with the other staff in this hotel not forgetting the wide choice of food, entertainment and facilities are the real reasons why we are returning next year for 4 weeks. This hotel may be 4 star but its staff are 5 star+

Dear Mr/Mrs:

Thanks a lot for recognizing us our efforts to cover our guest´s expectations. We like to know you enjoyed and you must be sure that we inform the the named persons on this review.

We hope to be honoured with your visit again.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

What an hotel just left on the way to airport an I've got to say I am gutted, this hotels got the lot an I've stayed at a lot,food amazing I'm a very picky eater but just couldn't stop eating it was so good an great choice, food area by pool was v good, we went all inc which I highly recommend, the booze was all branded even on all inc an good measures, pints etc, entertainment v good something different every night, entertainment through the day for kids an adults all very good, pool area v good an v clean, in all a fantastic hotel great location great holiday

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Mr/s.:

We thanks a lot your comments on Tripadvisor. We are sure you will enjoy again with us.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#11 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
H10 Costa Adeje Palace
H10 Costa Adeje Palace
#30 of 60 in Costa Adeje

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!