“Ken & Jan ' fantastic holiday'”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Ken & Jan ' fantastic holiday'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The holiday from start to finish was fantastic, the staff from top to bottom were excellent, pleasant and helpful. We are already booked for next May 2015. The piano bar at night is very good, great music to dance to with Issac playing at the piano. Also if you enjoy games the animation staff are very good.

Room Tip: book a sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Ken and Jan,

Thanks to share your experience with H10Conquistador on TripAdvisor.

We were specially happy to read you had found all of our team friendly and welcoming. It is them who make this hotel great and of course we will make sure our team is aware of your compliments.
We are glad to know you have liked our choice of life music every day.

We hope to welcome you soon,

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from a magnificent holiday at the Conquistador in Playa de las Americas. I truly cannot find the right words to describe the excellence of this hotel. From the moment of arrival we had total satisfaction on each day of our holiday. We experienced a very dedicated staff, a beautiful sea view room, and a restaurant full of various delights at each meal time. Everything about this hotel is spotless with lovely delightful entertainment day and night. The pool side area with all its bar and food facilities is ideal for a long relaxing time there. The location is excellent with the sea at the rear and lovely walks to Los Christianos. my wife celebrated her 80th birthday there and our sincere thanks to Anna and the management for making it a birthday to remember. IF you want sun, sea, and a holiday to remember than visit the Conquistador and book all inclusive, you will not regret it. Hopefully we shall enjoy more happy holidays there and I strongly recommend it to anyone wanting a memorable holiday in Tenerife.

Room Tip: request a poolside sea view room on the third floor which is an excellent location.
4 Thank 478tony
Dear 478Tony,

We want to thank you to post your opinion on TripAdvisor about your wonderful experience in our hotel.

We really appreciate you had choosen the H10Conquistador to celebrate your wife's birthday. Our best reward is a satisfied customer, and it is a real pleasure knowing in your case we succeded.

It is really lovely to know you had an amazing stay owing to our location, our entertainment, our restaurants, our staff and your pleasing room.

We are looking foward your next visit,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Came here last year and were so impressed that we didn´t even look at another hotel for this year. The level of service was first class. Nothing a bother to the staff. Spotlessly clean, great food, front exit to main thoroughfare, back exit to beach and promenade. Plenty going on round about and well situated in a flat area. Would return

3 Thank Myra M
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Jim and Myra,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to write on Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure to receive your positive opinion about our hotel.

We will get all our personal yours sinceresly considerations,

We are looking foward to see you again !

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team !
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Starting with the resort, Playa de las Americas is now a pretty upmarket location with a mix of rocky outcrops, beaches, mountains in the near background and lots of shops and restaurants. It's also only a 20 minute transfer from Tenerife South airport, although you never hear any planes.

This is my first time in an H10 branded hotel and you can tell immediately their priority is customer service. I've never been to a hotel where the staff are so helpful, are always smiling and polite and who join in and have fun too. I remember one of the managers just joining in with the bar staff doing some salsa dancing for example and every time I saw the maid, or even maintenance staff, they'd say hello and wish me a wonderful day. Other hotels can really learn a thing or two about service from H10.

The rooms are large and the balconies are very large. The general look and feel of the hotel and the room was good although nothing you won't see at other 4 star hotels in this resort. The service and location are what elevates this above the others. Having wandered around the resort my wife and I didn't see a hotel we wished we'd booked instead.

The pools are nice but being west facing and the hotel being fairly tall you don't get sun around the entire pool until about 11am. The hotel backs onto the walkway that connects to the beach and there is a backdoor out of the pool area, so it's not far to the beach. This walkway is really nice because you can walk along the entire seafront from Los Cristianos to Costa Adeje.

The hotel is at the edge of a small peninsula so you have sea almost all around you. This bit is quite rocky though, so great for little rock pool and great views but it's a 5 minute walk from the back gate to the nearest beach. I didn't mind that at all though and the nearest beaches had free showers and sunbeds/parasols for daily hire. I wasn't approached by anyone on the beach trying to sell me stuff which was nice. It's bad enough being cold called over PPI at home and the last thing you might want is to be hassled on holiday.

We stayed in room 554 which had a street view, but because of where our room was located we also had a sea view to the side from the balcony and we had that spectacular mountain view. I actually think the street view rooms are better because the mountains really are spectacular. Any other resort location has its work cut out to rival the nice beaches, lovely shops and the view.

We booked half board and so we ate in the hotel most evenings. The choice of food was good and everything we ate was very nice. The breakfasts were a bit samey but again there was plenty of choice. Certainly the evening meals were a cut above though. It was also nice to have the choice of eating inside or outside with each meal. Eating outside is something I always want to do in a hot country but it's not an option with so many hotels.

We didn't really avail ourselves of the entertainment but it looked pretty standard for a hotel. There's lots to do in las Americas if you want to go out and about. I really like exploring so all inclusive hotels in the middle of nowhere really don't do it for me. Yes there is las Veronicas nearer Costa Adeje which is a bit grimy. This is where most of the clubs/bars are and more kebab shops than anywhere I've seen.

There are plenty of upmarket places though and these are located near to the hotel. All the most upmarket shops were nearby. Whilst these shops are upmarket and have good quality products the prices are very reasonable. I wish I'd not bought clothes to take over here and had just gone with an empty case and bought new clothes there because there was much more choice in las Americas than in the major shopping centres near me, and I live in London!

The weather was great in early May, the hotel all I'd hoped it would be and the people of Tenerife were really nice. All in all I'm going to struggle to find a better similar holiday for next time. I don't tend to go back to the same place twice but I think this will be as first.

Room Tip: Street view also means a mountain view.
7 Thank stevef862
Dear SteveF862,

Thank you to post this delightful and detailed review about your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Our main goal is to provide a magic and unforgettable experience in order to get it we keep a nice and quiet ambience with music inside and outside, for the enjoyment and relax of our entire guest.
It is really nice to read your positive feedback about the location, the amenities in your room, our restaurants and the cleaning. Our location is something that we are very proud about as it allows all our guests to enjoy the amenities on offer around us, which you certainly did!
We must also thank you for your kind words about the great team we are so proud to have them who make this hotel great.

We hope to welcome you again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

What can say. We, my husband, I and my daughter (5yo) absolutely loved our stay at the conquistador. We came for 2 weeks, the first week was just the 3 of us and second week we were joined by our closest friends and their son (2yo). Location is amazing close to everything, shops, bars, beach etc. food was absolutely amazing and to die for could not fault it. My husband a very fussy person and when it comes to his food he likes it absolutely perfect and we got it at the conquistador. :) the selection of food was just huge and great, yum, the staff was amazing, friendly, kind and always happy to help. The bedroom cleaning was spotless so no problem here. :) the cleaning personnel always made little things to make as smile once coming back to our room, leaving balloons in my daughters bed, chocolates etc. the entertainment was incredible, we never left the hotel because it was so good. We went half board but this year going all inclusive. :) my daughter loved every bit of it, kids club was a 10/10 since our daughter was born this is the first time we actually enjoyed our holiday, she loved the girls at the kids club they were brilliant, Natasha, Marta, Christina. And adult entertainment, Rafael and the other lady who also touch aqua aerobic, pilates and night time entertainment. May I just say Rafa you are incredible and so so so funny, you had us all laughing so much my belly hurt. The variety of entertainment every night was brilliant. Ana from guest relation was absolutely amazing and helped in anyway she could. Lucia (manager) was also great and kind. I can only say good words about this hotel hence we are coming back for another 2 weeks this summer. :) you will not be disappointed if you do choose to go to the conquistador. It caters for all ages, adults and children alike. Counting the days till we are back. We have been meaning to do this review for a long time so
here it is . The consistency of the food, entertainment, staff and the cleaning was just excellent at all times.
P.s: mojito man, by the snack pool bar, I think he was Cuban. We are coming back so get the mojitos ready. :)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank KeoghFamily0907
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear KeoghFamily0907,

Thank to post your opinion in our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our resort.

It is really nice to read your positive feedback about the location, the amenities in your room and the cleaning, our restaurants and food, our services and our staff. Our location is something that we are very proud about as it allows all our guests to enjoy the amenities on offer around us, which you certainly did!

We will get all our personal yours sinceresly considerations,

We hope to see you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for the first time last September as it would have been my husbands birthday but unfortunatly he passed away earlier in the year.
I chose this hotel as i wanted to visit Tenerife after all the great things my husband had told me.
The first impression was this hotel was wow! Marble everywhere! Checking in was quick and efficient as they could tell I'd had a long journey that day!
They helped me sort out my room safe, answered all my questions patiently they were superb !
The room was clean and very spacious , the tub was huge! It overlooked the pool and the beach which was just outside the back gate.
The pool was kept tidy, plenty of sun loungers just umbrellas were a problem , people were hogging them but not always using them,so get these early near your lounger.
Food and restaurant was great,so much choice, waiters very helpful
Enjoyed the meal in al a carte restaurant on my husbands birthday
Went to Tenerife pearl on free shuttle bus
Went to logo parque aswell this was amazing
Will be returning next year

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Blonde35
Dear Blonde35,

We are looking foward your next visit,

Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

One of the best holidays we've ever had! The hotel had everything and more! The staff were so friendly and really went the extra mile! Especially a kind member of staff called Miguel. He couldn't have made us feel more welcome and at home! Wish we could stay longer! We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Marshpop
Dear Marshpop,

Thank to post your review on TripAdvisor about your wonderful experience.

We must also thank you for your kind words about the great team we are so proud to have here. It is them who make this hotel great. Of course we will make sure our team is aware of your compliments.

We hope to welcome you once again at H10Conquistador.

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
H10 Las Palmeras
#15 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,254 reviews
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#10 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!