“The best overall holiday yet!!”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Preston
“The best overall holiday yet!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We only decided to take this weeks' break at the last minute and was tied to the school holidays!! On arrival at the hotel our first impressions were very good! The reception was very clean and airey with a good sized bar area and lifts to all floors!! Our room was quite small but perfectly formed with a lovely pool view!!
We arrived at the hotel at 9pm (ish) and therefore dumped our cases and headed straight for the dining room! The food was lovely and continued to be of this high standard throughout the week!!

We were part of the all inclusive package which proved to be excellent! The best thing about this hotel has to be the entertainment!! We have been to several all inclusive hotels and none come even close to the standard of entertainment at the H10 Conquistador!!

The back gates of the hotel lead staright ot the beach where you can easily walk to either Las Americas or Los Chrisrianos!! Because we know the area, this was ideal and allowed us to nip out for a drink and even a bite to eat at some of our favourite restaurants!!

A top hotel and holiday venue for people who want to do lots or completely nothing!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2010

we stayed from the 30th may for 1 week, there was a group of 7 of us staying in three rooms, we all had a standard room but all three had different levels of quality from size and decoration quality ect,our room was the best of the three and we were pleased with the size and decoration although if you pay extra you can upgrade to a superior room. for the price they were charging we declined there offer.
we stayed half board and were pleased with the quality and variety of food on offer but after the first few days got a little bored as they tended to repeat the food on offer every few days,
there is an option to upgrade to all inclusive for around 22 euros per day each which in my opinion isnt worth the extra cost.
the hotel its self is a good quality hotel in a central location with freindly staff, it lacks entertainment in the day around the pool area there are a few broken or loose tiles around the pool but we did see them attempting some repairs whilst we were there.

the only things i would complain about is they charge for everything such as a mattress for the sun loungers, water with your evenig meal,60 euros to keep your room if you have a late check out, to use the indoor pool/steam room/sauna although we did use this for free one day as the gym is free and is located in the indoor pool area,
the gym equipment must be 20 years old and is rusty and damp from the heat from the indoor pool and could really do with repalcing.
dont us the pool bar for drinks and snacks as there is a little supermarket across from the hotel entrance that you can buy drinks and snacks for 75% less than the pool bar, most days the pool bar was empty as most people used the supermarket.
all in all we were happy with the hotel and would go back again

• Stayed June 2010
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2010

The Conquistador Hotel has had mixed reviews on Tripadvisor which, initially, made me wonder what I was in for. I almost gave it four points but, since cannot give three and a half, have erred on caution and given three!

When I checked in, however, this trepidation dissipated. In my experience the reception staff were fine, courteous and quite friendly. I was allocated a room on the 1st floor which had no view at all, so I went straight back to them and asked for another room.

I was upgraded - without charge - to Room 151 which had a pool and sea view. This room suited me very well, though it didn't have a mini-bar fridge so I couldn't keep my drinks chilled. Pity.

I brought my little Dell mini netbook with me, which was brilliant. The hotel has free wi-fi in its common areas, like the lounges, lobby and, if you're lucky, some bedrooms depending on signal strength. So my advice is to bring your laptop with you.

This hotel is enormous, with hundreds of rooms. The dining-room can take 650! Food is perfectly acceptable though, as usual, I grew tired of it to the extent that I treated myself to a meal at the McDonald's on one occasion (McD's is just a few minutes' away, by the way).

The is the usual abundance of food, too much in fact. At breakfast the bacon was mostly greasy and limp, not crispy. At dinner I thought that the salad bar was one of the best features. Lots of variety there. At dinner I found most of the roasts - whether it was roast beef, pork or lamb - to be a bit dry and obviously they'd been in the ovens too long. Cooked too quickly at too high a temperature, probably. The meat was tough and stuck in my teeth! Pasta dishes are cooked freshly by a chef at the counter, which is good.

I didn't bother with a drink at dinner. the waiters got to know that! I politely refused and had my drinks in Room 151 or at the bar. Cocktails cost €5.10 and the Brandy Alexander is very good.

Cockroaches don't scare me. They are harmless enough, just dirty and unsightly. I had a few in my room, one of which crept over my head during one night! I called it Gordon; and Gordon also crawled inside my Fanta can once too.

I tipped the waiters, chambermaid; and gave Reception two bars of Cadbury's Caramel. My holiday was extended by five days, due to the volcanic ash crisis. I'd recommend this hotel to friends with a few caveats.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Tim B
Braga, Portugal
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Food is nice, pool is nice, near to the beach and restaurants. Very relaxing vacations.

Wales
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Stayed in March for our winter break, it was excellent no complaints about anything. Room on the 4th floor with excellent views of the pool and sea. They were painting the outside of the hotel but that did not affect us, as there was no noise just the sound of the sea. Never stayed in a H10 before but would certainly go back have even booked to go in a H10 in Salou in June as we enjoyed it so much. Weather was excellent all week, and it was nice to relax with a champagne cocktail in the happy hour which was at a good time of 11.00pm each night, hope to be going back later this year

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank WalesFoxylady
Norwich
Reviewed 9 April 2010

This hotel (at the moment and since coming here) we have found good value for money. The location of the hotel is well situated within a small walking distance of all your needs. We feel you could not go to a more friendly hotel. Management and staff are approachable and professional at all times creating a lovely atmosphere all around the hotel. We rate the food to be of excellent quality and cooked to a very high standard. The evening entertainment throughout the hotel is excellent; there's a piano bar, a bar lounge, and a variety of shows and dancing. There really is something for everyone. There are 2 swimming pools plus a childrens pool, situated in the beautiful area for sunbathing, where they are many sunbeds. There is also an excellent bar/snack area where you will always find lots going on.
We are looking forward to our next stay which we have already booked at this lovely hotel.
J & P Warnes.

Brussels
Reviewed 7 April 2010

nice hotel, food is ok, animation light
decent for the price we paid
pity there is no all in

rooms are tidy and big enough

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
H10 Las Palmeras
#15 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,304 reviews
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#9 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!