“Quiet yet plenty to do”

Mareverde
Nantwich
“Quiet yet plenty to do”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just got back from Mareverde was much better than what I was expecting so much I will be returning. Nice and close to beach not a big climb very nice area, just 3 min walk to supermarket. Lovely gardens all around swimming pool or pools with nice waterfalls connecting to each one, pools cleaned every day also walkways swept and all clean and tidy. Having read previous comments there has been much work carried out and ongoing however no noise. I would say a relaxing place quiet at night but easy to walk to nice bars and entertainment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank schrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here a few times now, each time we go back it gets better and better.
pool bar serves a lovely cold beer and great food.
The complex is undergoing some major renovations at the moment and is looking great for it.

Room Tip: Stay on Phase 1 or 2,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank steve c
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Love the new pools and pot plants instead of the earth for cats to poo on L5 phase two is our third stay with Simon and Helen always clean upto date hem from home thanks again look forward to picking the keys up in six weeks keep up the good wool

Room Tip: Look for phase one and two best place to stay peace quite five min walk to beach etc john
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank john t
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with seaviews in January for a month through a private owner and really loved our stay there on phase 1. The pools were lovely and cleaned every day by the dedicated poolman. Mareverde was close to the beach and the shops and restaurants at the port. I can highly recommend the Wigan Pier at the bottom end of Mareverde for their breakfast, other meals and their great entertainment. Quiz nights etc. All the staff were very friendly. There were buses right outside the complex that took us right outside the golf clubs for 1.15 euros & buses to anywhere on the island. There were supermarkets at every corner of the complex, including one that was open 24 hours! The supermarket at the top of the complex was the cheapest & their ready cooked prawns were delicious, especially with their hot bread and a bottle of (not bad) wine for 1.75 euros.
We are really looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in a self catering apartment on phase 1 with sea views, fantastic, very romantic watching...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Rosie-of-Wales
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed in a 2 bed pool side appartment arranged through Owners Direct. The complex is undergoing some major renovations but this didnt cause our party too much of a problem.
There are very few sun loungers made available by the complex and it does look like most own have there own loungers to use so might be a good idea to ask the owner when booking.
Nice little pool bar available with decent basic sausage and chips fare.
Just a short walk down to the beach and very close to lots of restaurants etc.
Would stay here again at the righ price. When looking many apartments here were charging far more. We paid £280 for a March week and I would say thats about its price.

Room Tip: Get a pool side apartment as the pool area is long and narrow running throught the centre of the com...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank susi-of-london
London
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This complex has undergone a total facelift recently. The Ranas Pool bar is friendly and well stocked, the owners Wayne and Karen are kind, fun, friendly hosts. I can highly recommend the bar food. I have stayed here many times and never been disappointed. Well placed for all the local beaches and night life.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
12 Thank CockneyCounsellor
Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I rented the apartment privately, my warning to you would be DO NOT rent from Mr Michael Richards. The pictures looked very nice and the reviews for Mare Verde werent bad either. I was told to pick the key up from the pool bar, which i might add has seen better days. We knew as we made our way from the pool bar to our apartment that we had made a mistake. The smell was awful, drains, damp.
On reaching the apartment, my partner had to use some force to open the door as it was very stiff. As soon as the door was open the smell hit you full in the face....damp. On looking around the apartment we found the damp was mainly in the bedroom including the bed. On pulling back the duvet we noticed it was a camp bed with a headboard. The bed had been slept in, it was quite obvious. The smell of damp from the bed and bedding was overpowering. On further inspection we found dirt/hair/evidence of cigarettes under the sofa cushions. The apartment had not been cleaned whatsoever. I was told the apartment had undergone full refurbishment (my [--]).
Back to the pool bar we went and asked for the person looking after the apartment. We waited at the pool bar for the lady. We asked for some clean bedding, to which we were told that all she had was a duvet cover. To say we were gobsmacked was an understatement. The lady herself said she had told Mr Richards that the apartment was full of damp and also they needed extra bedding but to no avail. I tried to call Mr Richards several times but no answer and no return call either.
At this point I already knew that we were not staying a minute longer than we had to. Next door to the complex was an internet cafe, where I eventually found another apartment further in the centre of town. We walked to the Barracuda apartments to have a look first, it took us approx half an hour. The apartment was a palace compared to Mare Verde but unfortunately could not stay until the next day. We took as long as we could before returning to Mare Verde. Once back we showered and slept on top of the 'clean' quilt cover.
Next morning we called Mr Richards and told him how unhappy we were, letting him know that we were leaving that day. I told him I wanted my money back and said I will accept 75% of my full payment with which Mr Richards agreed.
It is now 5 months later and I am still waiting for the amount we agreed. I have had to keep writing emails to him weekly only for him to then credit my bank with £25/30. I have now given up but wanted to warn people please do not deal with this man. Im not sure if he is the owner or just managing the apartment.
Photos are included to show you just what the apartment is like.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Sherralyn C

Travellers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Yucca Park
#17 of 58 in Costa Adeje
Paradise Court Aparthotel
Paradise Court Aparthotel
#1 of 4 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Mareverde? Share your experiences!