All reviews puerto colon studio apartment scotch corner self catering air con washing machine steep hill reception area bars and restaurants sky sports ideal location great pool area quiet at night pool bar reception staff are lovely apartment bit dated
Reviewed 19 January 2015

We spent 10 days here and were pleased with the location right next to Colon harbour and lovely walks in both directions. Disappointed as we requested a sea view but couldn't get as we only booked at the last minute. The room was a studio and I thought we had booked an apartment but the receptionist stated this is an apartment. The room was clean but very shabby and in need of an update. We faced the mountains and looked down into car park. Sun loungers were not available till 10 in the morning which was a good idea a parasol was extra which I thought was a bit mean . We found the place spotless but the reception staff were rude and miserable and very abrupt. After talking to others there experiences were very similar. Just felt they couldn't be bothered. We went in January and we had lovely weather.

Room tip: Wi fi in reception
Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 14 January 2015

The new reception refurb is really nice a modern, it was finished at Christmas while I was there, and they had a grand opening get together with press and the mayor (who did not show!) but the rooms in this apartment hotel are like a 'box of chocolates' you just never know what you are going to get! I wish someone had said on here about private apartment 166, so I would not of booked it for 3 weeks over christmas, the owners have 2 other apartments on here but this is there worse one, this is why. Wardrobe space is lacking, at christmas and new year we dress up so we need shirt, long dresses and jacket space (which we usually get) this takes about 8 hangers - the rooms were very cold and damp as no sun this time of year in rooms - the apartment is over the car park and overlooks the reception, you are eye level to a walkway! so keep curtains pulled for privacy... the kitchen area had no worktop - the table to eat off was too small to act as dining table and worktop! - no kitchen cupboard space to your own groceries - I had to spend my first 1hour in apartment scrubbing the shower out as it was thick with black mould and yellow dirty tiles, the shower cubicle is very very small, and the drainage cover is dangerously loose. On complaining to owner about the unclean room he was extremely argumentative. So 166 is a no for us. People around the pool told us previous occupants had also complained about the same things. So this means the owner is not going to do a thing to help you. I have taken pictures incase I take this further. there ARE some beautiful rooms in club atlantis and also many of the rooms are kept very clean and the service is excellent, but some tyrant owners just take the 'mick' take your money and you are expected to lump it!! so again 166 is a no go!!

Room tip: stay clear of 1st floor rooms over the car park at front of hotel, no privacy and noise
Date of stay: December 2014
3  Thank blueeyedchelseagirl
Reviewed 28 December 2014

will never stay here again for older couples without children ask for high pool view get a car park low floor view although calling in 5 days prior to our stay to ask for this and because I didn't like the room and ask if there was a possibilities to be moved staff had a bad attitude and was very rude rooms are old and dated it's more like a 2 star can't get sun beds as the older couple that are there que up for them at 10 o'clock this hotel is a nightmear kids are frowned upon for playing and we'd advise if u 60 ior over with no children then go here as its a boring place to stay that's dated and staff are very rude if u question your booking or are unhappy about your room like I was normaly stay in the Santa Maria witch beats this hotel hands down as paid 450 to stay here for 4 nights over Xmas and what a waste of our money wish I booked something cheaper as would have had a nicer hotel as this is very over rated

Room tip: High floor as I had 255 witch was overlooking a car park
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank maria e
Reviewed 24 December 2014

Went to Club Atlantis in October thought everything was great, great location, lovely pool,the lady on reception could be as bit more helpful. Lots of good eating places to go to not a long walk away we like the Blue Marlin lovely staff and lovely food. Will think about going back next year.

Room tip: High level over looking the pool
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lynnebell
Reviewed 23 December 2014

We travelled at the beginning of April 2014. Have been before, very quiet very clean convenient location, hill a bit much though. Pool area good bar at pool extortionate prices, silly money for a small bottle of water or can of pop, would go again but to be fair quite expensive for self catering accommodation.

Date of stay: April 2014