“Good base for family holiday”
Review of Club Olympus

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa de las Americas
Club Olympus
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have recently returned from a one week stay at this resort having exchanged a week through RCI. We had two one bed apartments which are fairly basic in furnishings, accommodates third adult in lounge on rather antiquated sofa bed. Apartments were on third floor with really good view of sea and into centre of Playa. The resort is very large, has two swimming pools, a poolside bar/ restaurant. In high season the poolside beds are very over subscribed, not really enough room when busy. The staff, especially in reception, are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are cleaned every day except Sunday,
The resort is well located in respect of beaches, restaurants, large supermarket etc. It's quite a climb back from beach, and then a few flights of steps before the lift which does up to the third floor.
This was the third time we've been to Tenerife, but the first time to this resort / area of island. I think the beaches are nicer in Los Christianos - the nearest ones to this resort have more volcanic ash mixed with the sand and it sticks!!

I would recommend this resort, and would consider going here again

Room Tip: We stayed in '600 block' on third floor, good sized balcony to 660 and 663. also furthest aw...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dpcwales
There are newer reviews for Club Olympus

Reviewed 31 July 2013

stayed at the club olympus in june this year and after reading some of the rewiews was a little worried , but when we arrived we were greeted well and shown to our room, it was a bit basic but fine, everything you needed for a self catering holiday was there, a large fridge ideal for drinks on balcony , no need to cook as the food in restaurant was realy good and resonabley priced, bar staff were realy helpfull all the time , and we were close to all ammenities our room was at the back with the motorway behind but could,nt hear any noise once door was closed , and we had good views of the poool and sea, well worth wot we paid for. p barnard llanharan s.wales.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thalia2008
Reviewed 24 June 2013

it's a year since my last visit and we were in a different 2 bed apartment but just along from last year's. Everything still great. We had a view from the balcony across towards La Gomera that was amazing, sunsets to die for. The pool bar has been taken back into Club Olympus management and the staff were friendly as before, a good selection of basic pub grub available. Drinks have come down in price since last year, even in the evenings so there is no need to go out of the complex if you don't want to. My husband has limited mobility and this is the perfect place for him. There are restaurants and bars close by on the flat and shops five minutes away. We are already planning for next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dundeebeth
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Club Olympus is situated in a great location, the views over the sea are great. The rooms are very nice and the maids give the rooms a light clean every day but Sunday. The food at the Winning post on the site is very tasty, I would recomend the thai fishcakes, but the whole menu is worth sampling. The hosts Steve and Roy are very friendly and make you feel very welcome, the people that you meet around the pool are also friendly and make you feel right at home. Myself and my wife have been there twice now and we will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank carole b
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We first stayed in this area (although not at Garden City) some 20 years ago and have been back over 30 times since. We've stayed in 5 different apartments on Garden City and each one has been 150%. Do your homework, book privately and always check the full details of the apartment. For example, some have 42" TV's with English channels, washing machines and air-con. You get what you pay for but we,ve never been disappointed. In January, there were 24 of us travelled out for my hubby's 65th birthday. The pool bar staff did us proud. We had an amazing time. The Wali Haii just around the corner is a spacious and relaxing bar for an afternoon drink or two. Kareoke on most evenings with 'Titch'. The Winning post is a fab tiny local where Steve and Roy serve excellent food. Molino Blanco an absolute must for excellent food and service. We're back at Garden City in about 3 weeks, can't wait.

Room Tip: Pool view apartments tend to be quieter in the evening. If you want to lounge around the pool, you m...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KatieMae81
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Club olympus is in a great location.I have stayed here twice and each time I was not disapointed with the apartments.This time we were in a two bedroom corner with a very large balcony with views to the sea.There are some very good bars and restuarants in the area with the Winning Post on site with hosts Roy and Steve giving great service. You don`t have to walk far to enjoy vrey good,cheap meals.I would recommend Club Olympus.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed here in March 2013. I have to say having never been to Tenerife before I was very happy with the island and felt this area was an excellent place to stay. To clarify my comment on the room noise, the walls were that thin I could hear neighbours conversations (albeit muffled) first thing in the morning and we were woken up every morning either by someone moving furniture or by a young family getting up with their child. From our perspective we felt this was more a fault of the room noise insulation than noisy neighbours.

Room - As stated we were disappointed with the noise in the morning (pre 8am every day) and the decor of the apartment was basic but in fairness the apartment is privately owned, so I guess the decor depends on the owner. Additionally the cost was a good price - you get what you pay for. I have seen other people comment on being on the main road as some apartments overlook it, luckily we were at the back of the complex by the smaller pool, Apart from the early morning noise I mentioned, I found this area quiet, so you might want to clarify location in the complex before booking.

Complex - with the exception of a few days by the small pool the only area of the complex I used was the winning post pub which we tended to pop in to on our way back each night. Friendly service, generous spirit measures and a nice place to relax before turning in. Not bad for a quick snack either. There is also a main pool bar and a mini market.

Parking - I believe parking is only available within the complex to permanent residents but for a €20 deposit you can get a key for the gate at the back of the complex, which allows you access from what I believe is the free Hospital Car Park, I never struggled to park here.

What's nearby - In short and the reason for an overall 4 rating is down to the location. There is so much on the door step we were really surprised. If you leave the resort and turn right there is immediately a row of bars and restaurants. Carry on up to the first junction and look up to the right in the distance and you should see a white windmill. I would definitely recommend eating here one night, its a lot more money than some of the deals you will see on the way but the setting is lovely and the food quality good and the staff excellent. It think as an example a chateaubriand was maybe €50 for two people (see links at bottom of review). If you headed left instead of right you would hit the marina or straight on would be even more bars and restaurants. El Barril was a nice restaurant we went to on the final night, we wish we had found earlier.If you want to give it a try It is opposite Harleys Rock Bar. There are also two larger supermarkets in this direction.

Apart from the huge selection of bars and restaurants on your door step if you cross over opposite the complex and head left and then down hill you will eventually 15-20 mins get to Playa or maybe 40-50 mins to Los Christianos. to be honest if you head left or right from the complex there are some great promenade walks that hug the beach. Right would take you to Calleta although like Los Christianos it will take some time (especially in the heat of the day).

Bus Terminal - This is about 500 metres along the road to the left when you leave the complex. If you don't want to hire a car but fancy a trip we both thought the city of Santa Cruz was an excellent day out.

Prices - in general were very cheap with restaurants competing with set menus of 3 courses for €10 - €12 and and a pint of local lager (San Miguel or Tropical usually) being €1 - €1.50 up to 7pm and only €2 - €3 generally thereafter.

Getting there - It is literally 20 minutes from the airport, we agreed with the apartment owner for a private taxi which was €25 each way, which from reading other reviews is the going rate or maybe a little cheaper I am sure you could get a bus given how close the local bus terminal was but I don't know how regularly they run.

I haven't added any picture because with different owners for different apartments it may not reflect where you stay and general pictures of the complex are readily available.

Links to restaurants:-

Room Tip: Rear of complex
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CoupleReview2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
HOVIMA Panorama
#10 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Tinerfe Garden
Tinerfe Garden
#50 of 59 in Costa Adeje

Been to Club Olympus? Share your experiences!