1)A comparative oasis of calm, compared to Las Piramides, where I stayed 10 years ago (nights rendered sleepless by heels clumping along corridors, noisy upstairs neighbours, doors slamming, loud conversations etc). There was very little noise on site at Los Cardones - most noise comes from outside the complex (bars and restaurants if you're near the main entrance, some voices heard from the pedestrain alley-way at the side of the site, but nothing too extreme)
2)No noisy pool-bar on site - thank goodness!
3)Pool adequate for size of complex and plenty of loungers.
4)Our upstairs studio (64S) had a good sized balcony and was very good for proper self-catering - 4-ring cooker with oven, kettle, toaster, microwave and sufficient pots and utensils.
5)Hot water always available and WC, shower and fridge all worked fine.
6)Sheets/pillows/towels clean and of good quality. Regularly changed. Very good mattress.
7)Good bright lighting in the studio.
8)Good supermarkets within 5 minutes' walk. We went mostly to SuperDino. You can also get buses to most places from the same location. (Don't forget to get your BonoBus discount card if you plan to use buses a fair amount. A whole family can use the same card - no need to get one per person. A shop opposite SuperDino sells them or you can get them from a main bus station. See the TITSA website for details.)
Very few, really. And only minor ones.
1)True that reception doesn't seem to be open very much and, had some guests not been coming out of the complex when we arrived, we would have had to phone up the number at the gate. Otherwise, we had very little to do with management, which is usually a good sign that we are contented.
2)No air-conditioning, just a fan.
3)Bring a universal plug or 2. We found that the sink didn't have a plug at all and the bathroom one didn't fit very well. Luckily, we are seasoned self-caterers and they were on our holiday list!
We had upstairs studio 64S. All in all, excellent value for money and would happily go back to Los Cardones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The central complex of Apartamentos Los Cardones is located right at the heart of Playa de Las Américas, just in front of the ocean and only a few minutes walk from the Beach. The complex is located in the most exceptional area of "Playa de las Americas" in the south of Tenerife, surrounded by gardens with a splendid swimming pool with sunbeds, sunshades, and a solarium where you can enjoy a pleasant dip.We also offer you our Reception where we can concern ourselves with your special requests and offer you a wide range of services (excursions, car hire, luggage room, late check out, transfers from and to the airport, postal service, 24-hour medical service, etc ...).A complex which allows cats and dogs (up to 5 kilos) and the opportunity to relax and enjoy our magnificent climate of eternal spring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Los Cardones reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Cardones Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Los Cardones Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas