Stayed at the Andorra from the 20th of September 2011 for a week. Arrived at 8:20 pm and were checked in within 5 minutes, Receptionist on at the time seemed a little rude but she was still working at 9 am when we went out and when we arrived back a couple of hours later so maybe this explained why she was a little snappy. We asked in advance by e-mail for a pool facing room to avoid the busy road that runs parallel to the hotel and were informed they would do there best. We were given a ground floor apartment facing the pool which was a god send due to travelling with a 5 year old. The room was spacious and clean with basic but good facility's. The Bathroom only had a shower but this wasn't a problem as made getting ready quicker. The bed's were comfortable and clean.
The maids came everyday to clean the room and make the beds and towels were changed every few days.
The pool area was very clean and we never struggled for a sunbed as i would put the towels out as soon as they were unlocked in the morning. Having a young child with us we did require a parasol everyday and only once did i have to pinch one from someone who had two for 3 sunbeds. The pool is opened from 9 until 7 and is cleaned every morning before it opens. There is a bar area that serves snacks and drinks. (Happy Hour is 1-3 monday, wednesday, friday)
We didn't eat in the restaurant area so can not comment on the food etc but did have a snack from the pool bar which i had no quarrels with and would recommend.
There is a cash point across the road and a supermarket that sells most items you might need and we got our breakfast and lunch most days (Fresh croissants, bread rolls, cheese etc) and this kept our costs down.
We ate out everynight and i would recommend the Malibu which is down and to the left from the hotel. We asked them if they would decorate a table and get in a cake for the child in our groups birthday and they did this with no problem. We had stake and it was the best stake i had on the island and the service was brilliant.
AVOID the Aberdeen stake house in Las Vistas on the sea front!! We sat down and waited at least 5 minutes before we were even asked if we would like a drink, After about 20 minutes we were asked for our orders and i asked for a "Fillet" stake in pepper corn sauce at 12 euros. We were then given bread rolls that we did not ask for but assumed they were complementary and a different waiter then asked to take our order? We explained we had ordered and he looked puzzled and walked away. They bought out the child's meal first and we assumed ours would follow. The child had eaten his long before ours arrived and this left him board whilst we tried to eat. I had one mouth full of steak before i discovered a huge bit of ?? Gristle or something flowing the length of the meat and this put me off. More bread rolls were placed on our table that we did not order and we did not touch these but assume now reading other reviews on this place that we were charged for them.
Siam park is worth a visit but be advised it is expensive. Entry is 32 euros for an adult and 21 euros for a child. There is lot's to do there as long as your over 1 meter 40 or at least 1 meter 10. The food is priced absolutely outrageously. Can of pepsi (euros) 2.20, slice of pizza 3.75, burger almost 5.
All in all would recommend Andorra as it is close to everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 500 metres from Tenerife's Las Vistas Beach, this aparthotel offers 2 outdoor swimming pools, one heated in winter. The spacious, air-conditioned apartments have a private terrace and well-equipped kitchen. Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra is located in Playa de la Américas, just 450 metres from Las Américas Golf Course. There are many shops, restaurants and lively bars within a 5-minute walk. A varied buffet breakfast is served in the Andorra's restaurant. Snacks are available throughout the day at the poolside bar. Guests can also relax with a drink in the lounge bar. Each apartment has tiled floors and simple wooden furniture. Kitchenettes include a fridge, hob and cooking utensils. Safes and TVs can be rented from the 24-hour reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Andorra Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas