I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks from the 29th of august until the 12th of September and I loved it! The hotel is situated in a great location, it's within walking distance to Los Cristanios, Las americas and the La Paz strip is right beside it. It is also very close to the best tenerife hotel where most of the bus pick up stops are for the excursions or free buses.
We stayed in the hotel section of this hotel as I was informed there was no air conditioning in the apartments. We had to book bed and breakfast to stay in the hotel and it was only self catering in the apartments. The rooms were nice and basic, we had a large balcony. There was only twim beds in each of the rooms, but they were pushed together. The room was cleaned every day and the towels were replaced as often as you required. The whole hotel was always kept very clean. The hotel rooms did not have any kettle, toaster or microwave but we wouldn't have been using them anyway! There was a built in hair dryer, wasn't very powerful but it did the job. We rented a safe for the 2 weeks which was €60 and you got €40 back when checking out.
The breakfast was similar every morning but there was something for everyone from cold meats to fruit to bread to cereal. I will admit the hot food didn't look to appealling but lots of people were eating it so it can't have been too bad. They also had a snack menu during the day with pizzas, burgers etc. The food from this was also lovely and resonably priced. I never had the buffet dinner so I cannot comment.
There was renovation works being done on the main pool when we arrived but this didn't bother us too much as there was another smaller pool beside it. When the main pool reopened, lots of people were reserving sun loungers from early morning under the umbrellas which was unfair as there was only a small number of umbrellas compared to sun loungers. You could rent a cushion for the sunlounger for €1 for the day, it beats the beach where it is €12 for two sun loungers!!!!
The staff in the andorra were all very friendly and helpful, especially the reception staff. You could book excursions through them which was very handy. You could also rent anything you wanted from fans to hair straightners to buggies.
check out time was 12 and they had a room where you could leave your luggage, late checkouts cost an extra €20 but very limited availablity.
There was no entertainment in this hotel and therefore no real families, which suited us (although we are only in our 20's), it generally was an older cliental. It was close enough to the lively spots but far away that you didn't hear the noise if you wanted an earlier night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 500 metres from Tenerife's Las Vistas Beach, this aparthotel offers 2 outdoor swimming pools, one heated in winter. The spacious, air-conditioned apartments have a private terrace and well-equipped kitchen. Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra is located in Playa de la Américas, just 450 metres from Las Américas Golf Course. There are many shops, restaurants and lively bars within a 5-minute walk. A varied buffet breakfast is served in the Andorra's restaurant. Snacks are available throughout the day at the poolside bar. Guests can also relax with a drink in the lounge bar. Each apartment has tiled floors and simple wooden furniture. Kitchenettes include a fridge, hob and cooking utensils. Safes and TVs can be rented from the 24-hour reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Andorra Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas