Stayed here from 24th-2nd of July with my husband 27 year old his 24 year old partner 17 year old daughter and 14 year old son, in a double room and a single room.
Rooms are kept nice and clean, cleaned everyday apart from Wednesday and Sunday, also had swept and mopped floors, clean bathroom and new towels. In the double room, there was a kitchenette, bathroom, living area, double bedroom and balcony and then a flight of stairs took you to another bedroom with two beds with small living area and another bathroom. There was also two sofa beds. The showers were great, hot and powerful, and the beds were quite comfortable, however the fans weren't the best so it did get quite hot, so we rented a fan. On one of the nights we had a problem with some cockroaches, but when we told the hotel they had someone come and use cockroach killer to get rid of them all and we didn't see anymore from that point on. The single room had kitchenette, bathroom, double bedroom, living room, balcony and two sofa beds and again was clean and spacious. There is no hairdryer and it is 10 euro deposit and 6 euro for the week so make sure you take a hairdryer if you don't want to pay. Overall the rooms were great.
POOL AND DINING AREA
The pool area was smaller than it looked on the pictures and the pool was quite shallow and small, however was clean. The sunbeds aren't put out till 8.30 and people reserve spaces by putting a towel down. There is also a lack of sun loungers, however this is being fixed. The dining area is also quite small and cramped as is the stage area, but it was fine.
Food was repetitive, but nice. They serve fish and chips every night with some form of pasta dish and a different meat every night. It was always cooked well and was hot, but there is more choice with self catering. Breakfast there is a choice of continental or English and is again nice and warm. The bread rolls are a little hard so putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds is recommended to keep them soft.
The staff work very hard, especially Sylvia and Curtis from the front desk. Sylvia even rang a nearby hotel to ask if my son and daughter could use the gym and at what price. They couldn't do enough for you. David on animation works very hard as the only entertainer with pool games and entertainment at night in which he works very hard. Most of the waiting staff are very nice, especially the blonde lady who, rather than leaving people to queue in the heat for a drink will leave a selection on the bar for kids to take. They also clean up plates very quickly, however, we did find the tall waiter with the glasses to be quite rude to guests and when we asked for an extra chair he replied with 'Oh for gods sakes I'll be back with it in a minute bloody hell' which was very rude, but overall they were very nice.
About a fifteen minute walk from the beach and shops and about 10 minutes from Siam park, so is in an ideal location, we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Compostela Beach Golf Club is a complex of low rise apartments situated on the northern perimeter of the Las Americas Golf Course. Within a short distance from the complex a variety of restaurants, shops, supermarkets can be found as well as the Club House of the Golf Course. The Las Vistas Beach is only 800 m away. Without doubt the complex is perfect for golf lovers, families or any clients wishing to spend their holidays in a tranquil and familiar environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Compostela Beach Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compostela Beach Golf Club Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Compostela Beach Hotel Ii
- Compostela Beach Golf Club Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas