“Nice hotel in quiet location”

and 1 more site!
Marylanza Suites & Spa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed for a week all inclusive at Marylanza suites and spa in july booked with First Choice Platinum.Very pleasant stay hotel is on two levels situated around swimming pools and very safe for children.
Staff extremely pleasant,Self service bars and restaurant and really good pool bar with snack bar with lots of choice.Food very nice and all inclusive drinks etc very good quality.
If i was going to nitpick then i would have to say that in the restaurant the food although of a very high standard offered very little choice for children and the range of salads were a little limited compared to other First Choice 4 stars.
But on the whole a very good holiday and i would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking golf course have superior views
1  Thank BEEH2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently returned to the Marylanza for the fifth time. It was probably our best stay yet. The staff are always pleasant and helpful, the entertainment and activities ideal for our kids. The best thing this year was that we had no issues getting a sunbed at all. This helped to make it a more relaxing experience. I wasnt as keen on the local soft drinks on the all inclusive package, it used to be branded, but this was a minor issue and I would definately book again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank craig m
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have just come back from the Marylanza with my wife and two girls (16 & 12). We have been to Tenerife eleven times before in various locations but this was our first time to the Marylanza. It is well situated being close to PDLA and Los Cristianos. We chose a room in Fiscus and had 205 on recommendation of previous TripAdvisor reports. This side of the hotel gets the sun from about 5pm onwards until sunset so if you like to go on to your balcony after a strenuous day at the pool, then this is an ideal side of the hotel. This side of the hotel overlooks a little bit of wasteland/park but it is pretty quiet even though you are looking on to the road. To be honest, the road isn't that busy so don't be put off with this side of the hotel. Best thing is to read other reviews on where is good to have a room. The sun-bed situation - we thought it was going to be a farce and a race but it wasn't. If you like to go for breakfast fairly early (8.30 am ish) then the best thing to do is to take your towels to breakfast in your sun-bed bag and when you come out of breakfast simply get your beds. You'll be on the beds by 9am ish having had breakfast. On no account put your towels on the beds and disappear for breakfast or any other reason. There is one particular life guard who will collect the towels and place them in the cupboard near the pool bar. He does this on one sweep on the pool area and there are three pools so he does it one at a time. We saw people having had their towels taken and by the time they came out of breakfast they simply relaid the towels on the same beds. However, we saw people come back hours later and not get a bed. Bottom line is if you are an early riser, go to breakfast and then get your beds. We got four beds even though my daughters rarely emerged til later but as long as you are on two of them, they will not say anything. The food is really good in the restaurant and the pool bar also. I think the food quality in the pool bar is exceptional considering the numbers they are catering for, fresh all the time. Top tip for the beer drinker, take a hard plastic pint pot in your suitcase, I picked this tip up years ago and there's nothing better than getting a pint of cold draught beer from the all-inclusive rather than the meagre size of the plastic glasses on the bar counter. The beds in the rooms are hard as nails!! One night and my back was kaput and it took several nights to get over it. It wasn't just me as I saw other people who couldn't get off their sunbeds and they were clearly in agony. I don't think there is anything you can do about this other than hope you don't get affected. The staff at the hotel are very helpful and happy. I dont think I remember an occasion where I saw any member of staff who wasn't happy to be there or help me. Being a miserable old so and so, I didn't go to the nightly entertainment, but my wife and girls went frequently and they always said that the standard was extremely high. I think the 'three tenors' was the highlight not to be missed. I can't think of anything else of value/note to comment on. Bottom line is, we would go back. I suppose at exceptionally busy times of the year, some of what I have commented on would be made worse - for example the sun-bed rush or the noise around each of the three pools. You would have to suck it and see and move around the pools if you had noise on any given day that was too much for your liking. We frequented the baby pool which was surprisingly quiet for noise as the main pool attracts most children/ball games etc etc. Hopefully this has helped you out

Room Tip: See my review
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank simon p
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just returned from a week stay at the Marylanza Suites & Spa. It is the first stay at this hotel, and we was not disappointed. We had a free upgrade from a 1 bedroom suite to one of their honeymoon suites ( apartment 301 ). I could not believe our luck. We had a beautiful view over the golf course. The large double balcony had 2 sun beds, 4 chairs and table, and there was a double poster bed with curtains, unbelievable. If I would be picky, the bathroom bath should have a shower screen, if only to save the floor getting wet. The baths shower curtain was spotless though. The food was of good quality, with excellent service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I found the location was a short walk from beach in Playa Las Americas and Los Cristianos ( 15 min to both ) . I have stayed in Tenerife over the years, and I am hard to please, but I can only praise this hotel.I will be back.

Room Tip: View overlooking the golf course, or the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lloyd1958
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Me and my partner have just returned from a week in the marylanza with our 1yr old daughter and had a great time!! The rooms are a great size the staff are very friendly and nothing is to much. The rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard as was the public areas pool etc. The food in the restaurant was good great selection and always fresh. If I had to moan about anything and this is maybe more my fault for not checking but we arrived at 11.00am and couldn't check in until 16.00 so if your traveling just you and a partner you can put your bags in the luggage room and enjoy the pool,bar,restaurant etc but with a one year old who had just gotten off a plane it was a storm. Overall the hotel and holiday was great and we shall return.

2  Thank David M
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Our official check-in time is 16:00 hours. This does not necessarily mean that you will always get your room at that time, but it is the time that we guarantee at the latest. We will usually find a way to give you the keys to your room before that time, and we try to prioritize on early arrivals, families with babies… But on specific days (like big change -over Fridays during the summer-season) we may have to exhaust the check-in time limit many a time despite our efforts. I hope that they found the room and stay worth the wait, though.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great hotel , brilliant location ,very friendly staff and entertainments team.We could not fault this hotel great sunbed policy means you can get a bed at 10 o'clock if you want ,food was great always hot. We did eat out a couple of times just to try different food . I can only see the people that complain about this place are those that want something for nothing

3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We spent a very happy week at the Marylanza with a 9 month old baby. The apartments were great for being able to put her to bed and then adults having a nice evening on the balcony without having to tiptoe around or whisper. The hotel was very nice, food was of a good quality too - plenty of variety, warm and always something to feed a weaned baby.

We would rate the hotel as a reasonable four star, but there are a few touches management could do to make that better. Little things like...complimentary toiletries in the rooms, better maid service, free high chairs in the rooms, putting water in rooms each day, better cocktails (not premixed) and some time of seating service at dinner.

Having said that pools were lovely, staff were friendly and it was a lovely location for walks down to the seafront.

With a newish baby it suited us brilliantly, without child I think we'd be looking somewhere else.

Room Tip: Will children ask for pool facing ground floor - then you can just nip over the wall to the pool bar...
2  Thank dpj102
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I would love to say that we are working on those few touches suggested, but that would not be honest (except for the maid service, which we already intend to provide at its best). Some of them are just not feasible within our environmental consciousness, our commitment to provide a quick and effective service and/or our rate margins. But it is still very rewarding to describe our hotel as perfect for familes with babies.