“Not a 4 stars hotel service.Next to the golf course but you have to take a taxi to entrance!”

Marylanza Suites & Spa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 December 2010

I stayed there in 1 week with my husband.We traveled from Sweden.We had the impression that the hotel has a very good spa and I can use that while my husband is playing golf.Once there realized that we have to pay to use anything in that hotel including the spa and gym and the safety box in our room!So not only I didn't see how the spa looks like, but also wasn't anything like my husband planned to play golf.The golf course's entrance is far away and we had to drive taxi to the golf course even if our balcong was almost on the golf course!
That hotel is not for you if you don't have any children.Almost everything is designed for children.The location is quiet away from the night life and the nice beach street in that area!
Service wasn't a 4 star! There was no soap in our room when we arrived and they had the worst bath gel that I have ever seen! And cleaners wouldn't change our bed's sheet till they got a complain from us!By the way the wireless in lobby had problem every night whithout exception!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,757)

Reviewed 12 December 2010

Despite the awful weather, we had a brilliant time at the Marylanza. The rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean. The food is probably the best I've had in any hotel anytime. The choice was great and there was sufficient variation to keep me happy as we were all inclusive. The entertainment though was fairly standard. The staff were courteous and always smiling. 3 pools meant that there was plenty of space to relax round them, A 10 minute walk down to the shops, restaurants and the beach, meant that the hotel was located in a quieter area. It was interesting hearing golfers teeing off the other side of the hedge separating them from our terrace, and never seeing a golfer! Highly recommend this hotel, very child friendly, great food and helpful staff

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2010

My partner brought me this holiday last xmas as a suprise, its the most beautiful hotel, and the staff are brilliant, clean, friendly just breath takingly beautiful would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Spotless hotel and rooms, very friendly staff from maids to reception. Pleasant smile on arrival from reception and very helpful Thomson rep, Toray.

The food at this hotel was some of the best i have had anywhere. I could not fault it. really very good.
The pool is very clean and cool but fresh (great for waking you up) The spa is lovely also great for making you feel relaxed and refreshed. worth the price. 15-20Euros for 2 hours , you would not need morethen 2 hours.

My partners had a birthday during our stay and we came back to our room to find a bottle of champange on ice waiting for him. We did not mention that it was his birthday - what what a lovely suprise and a very nice gesture from the hotel.

Just a ten minute walk down the road there is all the entertainment you needs from pubs, clubs, bars, and sooo many restaurants.

We traveled with our son who is 19 and who also had nothing but good comments about this hotel.

So go for it you wont be disapointed.

Reviewed 6 December 2010

Got back from Marylanza yesterday, hotel is beautiful, rooms are huge though some with better views than others. Emailed hotel in advance and requested golf course view room which they normally charge 15 euro per person per night for but managed to get this included. Definitely worth requesting and would recommend asking for third floor to make the most of it. Rooms cleaned daily with towels changed and maids seemingly never fazed by the mess my boyfriend left it in every day.
Food in the hotel was UNBELIEVABLE. All buffet in the Tagoror which is the main restaurant but the choice was incredible with show cooking and always something new to try. Ate in the a la carte once, have to say this was not to my taste at all, it was lukewarm and all fish but it is a set menu and some nights were probably a lot better than ours - I would definitely recommend checking the menu first at reception before booking in!
Location of hotel was ok, I'm not the biggest Las Americas fan but it was set back and about a 15 minute walk down to the front. Really put off by the touts but it was a lot better if you walk in Los Cristianos direction with nicer bars and restaurants - same if you take the bus to Costa Adeje side.
Entertainment in hotel wasn't much cop but always something going on nearby. All in all would definitely recommend and will return if I get another good deal!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

we stayed here a week to celebrate our son's 21st birthday and were very impressed with the hotel. Although it's a bit of a walk to the beach or town, the excercise was helpful in keeping off the pounds gained from the meals. The hotel was full, with a lot of toddlers so was noisy at meal times, but the buffet selection made up for this. The reception staff were very helpful and the maids kept the place sparkling clean. The swimming pools were beautiful, although the staff should remove all towels placed to reserve sunbeds. Thanks to Torri the Thomson rep who arranged for the hotel to give us some bubbly for our birthday celebration.

I cannot recommend the car hire company at the reception desk, we found them to be expensive, the car had problems and the customer service awful.

Reviewed 26 November 2010

Anybody who has booked to stay in the Marylanza will not be disapointed;

I recently visited with my wife and 4 year old son for some winter sun and had a fantastic stay in this trendy quite new hotel

On arrival to the end of our stay the staff are very friendly and helpful and always willing to help, The room was cleaned everyday and the cleaner did a great job keeping the well equipped room prestige, She even remade the beds after we had already made them. The rooms have a fridge, aircon, TV, coffee maker, balcony, the cutlery and utensils looked like they had never been used

The hotel has free wifi if you want to check your emails, it also has some desktop PCs and gaming consoles a minshop which we found very reasonable. It has a pool bar a main bar, two nightclubs, a la carte restaurant, and huge buffet restaurant
There are 3 pools we stayed mainly around the green tiled pool as this is where the kids were playing & my son made friends very quickly, the pool is also heated which is bonus even in Tenerife. There is a larger pool which was mainly occupied by the older generation and couples for some peace and quiet. The 3rd pool was really for very young children and only about 12" deep.
We stayed all inclusive so we didn’t need to buy a lot. The food was superb and no expense was spared.
Breakfast included all the usual items cheeses, cold meats including Parma ham, salmon, various breads, cereals, fruit juices, yogurts, pancakes, eggs however you like them ,bacon, sausages, and for the wags champagne & caviar
Lunch was either around the pool which served Burger hot dogs etc, or off to the buffet restaurant for homemade pizzas, salads, fish, Chinese food, pasta, steaks the list goes on!
Dinner was an event with starters mains & plenty of desserts
the restaurant was themed every night BBQ night, international night, Spanish night, but there is so much choice you will always find something you would like, they even had Lobster if that's your thing, I couldn’t get past the meat which is why I put on 6lb during our weeks stay
Drinks were free flowing especially the local beer "Dorado" which is a nice smooth beer
Las Americas centre was a gentle 15min walk away and great to walk off all the fine dining

Few tips
Email the hotel prior to your arrival and ask if possible we could have a good view from the room; I did and was given a great pool view.
Book the a la carte restaurant very early in your trip, as they only seat 14 diners per night and it gets booked up very quickly
I like my food piping hot and sometimes it was warm but could of been a tad warmer which happens at all buffets. If you like it piping hot there are microwaves to reheat no problems
Lastly we visited Siam park the local water park, you can get a free bus, or ataxi is only 6 euro's, Thomson’s were wanting 13.5 Euros for their bus which is a rip off as its not far from the hotel. Also only go if your little ones are 1.2 m or more as they will not be able to go on much if smaller and at 20 Euros for kiddies and 30 Euros for adults its not cheap, but well worth a visit.

Enjoy