We have just returned from a week at the Marylanza on a half board basis. The weather was fantastic however the following were disappointing bearing in mind the hotel is sold as a 4 star 'Premier' facility.
1. Additional Charges - we had to pay for use of the gym, towels for the pool and safety deposit box (total for the week - 80 Euros). Not what we expected (should be free for this standard of hotel) nor is this indicated in any of the Thomson literature.
2. Food - agree with other reviews that the food in the buffet restaurant is plentiful but repetitive. If you like veal, pork, rice, chips, tinned veg and fruit you will be fine! Saying that, the food on the whole was good.
3. Restaurant - the restaurant felt more like a canteen due to a lack of natural light. For couples like us there was little consideration to be seated away from families with children. We can speak from experience as the staff would often place us close to a family or sit a family next to us. When asked to be located elsewhere they acted as though this was a big problem for them. There is a big sign at the entrance to the restaurant forbidding guests to take food out but we saw this happen regularly. Gents are asked not to wear shorts for the evening meal but for women this is fine! A challenge to the supervisor one evening (for a woman who's shorts barely covered her backside) was met with a shrug and a its ok with me look!
4. Rooms - clean and spacious, good maid service but it would be nice if they knocked before they came in. Shower in bathroom poor (leaking water through the tap resulting in loss of pressure - was asked to be fixed but it wasn’t) and a shower curtain rail that looked as if it was from the value range at B&Q. It fell down more than it was up! Walls are very thin so you can hear most things. Beware if you are on a ground floor room with either kids above or furniture being moved, take it from us it is noisy!
5. Pool Area - it is annoying that to get to Reception you have to walk through the pool area, difficult with loungers all over the place. Speaking of loungers, if you can find one (and at that, one that is not broken) you are doing well. If you have an ipod take it, kids use all the pools so there is little peace and quiet and it is therefore very difficult to read.
6. Evening Entertainment - pretty poor, especially comedy Elvis. The light entertainment in the lobby bar was on the whole very good.
Hotel did not really meet our expectations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marylanza Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marylanza Suites And Spa
- Marylanza Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Marylanza Resort
- Marylanza Hotel Tenerife
- Marylanza Tenerife
- Marylanza Golf Resort Tenerife
- Marylanza Suites & Spa Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas