US$195
US$78
US$78
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$59
  • Restaurant
US$129
US$80
Hotels.com
All reviewsweight lossnordic walkingraw foodsoupsexercise classeseating habitskick starthealthy eatingblood pressureinfrared saunadetox packageother guestshealthy dietgoing forwardbeautiful countrysidegreat bunch of peopleevening talks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We tried to book Homefield grange Retreat as we had read such good reviews on the website. Spoke to the receptionist who confirmed that a twin room was available on the dates we wanted, but when we called later to confirm the booking, the room was sold! The change in attitude may have been because we had asked awkward questions comparing it to another retreat, but we run a multi million pound business, and take it as a challenge when we have to prove ourselves. The most upsetting thing was when my PA tried to book the room later, miraculously the room was available! Wonder if the English name resounded better as the clientele they wish to attract.....

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank aggy2018
Suzanne P, Owner at Homefield Grange Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review - which has made me feel very sad - this is not the sequence of events as I remember.
I actually took your call on Saturday regarding a request for a twin room for 9th July. I informed you at the time that we did have availability and explained this was our last twin room available for the week you requested and that payment would be needed to secure your booking. You mentioned that you couldn't go ahead with the booking at the time, as you needed to speak to your sister and that you were looking at other venues as a comparison.

When you did finally call back to book, it was the following afternoon, (over 24 hours later). I checked the availability again for a twin room, for 9th July and said that I was very sorry, we had sold out of rooms in that category and I asked you if I could search for alternative dates. You said no. I then offered you two single rooms, but you were not happy with that option because it was more expensive.

You became very angry towards me on the phone because the twin room had been sold. It's very upsetting that you have written that we stated to your PA (who had an English name), that the room was available. This is simply not true. I did not tell your PA, or anyone else that there was a twin room available for the week you requested as that room category had completely sold out. On a final note, I am happy to state that Homefield has gratefully received clients of every nationality from around the world.

I wish you and your sister all the very best, Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If you need some me time and a reset, this oasis is the place to come. You can do as much or as little as you like in terms of exercise. A real detox is what I come for and I love the Nordic walking every day. You can come for a few days or more as you prefer. Great facilities including a gym. Nutrition talks. Spa treatments. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jarosso66
Suzanne P, Manager at Homefield Grange Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Very nice review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your time with us. We are so pleased that you gained such a lot of benefit from Homefield Grange and we very much look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Place is beautiful. Set up is lovely. Treatments are all very good. I'd have liked to have seen more activities on offer other than walking, yoga , meditation etc. There was a lot of time when nothing was going on and when you're hungry (detoxing ) it would have been good to have something to do. Lots of horses about so maybe horse riding with a local stables or anything really. I enjoyed the quiet time but did find myself getting a bit bored. I understand a spa is being built and I think that will make a big difference. Food demos were excellent, I learnt a lot from them. Staff really are very knowledgable and helpful. Learnt more there in a week about managing my condition then I have in the 5 years I've had it. I will be coming back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Suzanne P, Manager at Homefield Grange Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are always thrilled when the information we pass on to clients makes such a difference to someone's heath and wellbeing, as has done for you. Thank you again for sharing that fact.

On a daily basis there are three exercise classes, an hours talk, one food demonstration and the delivery of the included therapies. It's a lot to fit in one day. Often clients like to have a couple of hours a day to themselves to chill out, read a book, go for a walk around the grounds, or use the fitness studio and the sauna. What is most important is that we ask clients to do as much or as little as they feel suits their needs. We believe it is very beneficial to have some time where nothing is expected from you and that you can simply rest.

It was a pleasure having you at Homefield Grange and we will look forward very much to your planned return visit,
Kindest regards and the best of health to you,

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Excellent treatments , massages ,exercise classes yoga and meditation and Nordic walking. Very Impressed with meditation yoga teacher who trained with Deepak Choprra. .Definitely Prebook treatments before arrival.
Very friendly personnel, nice rooms and amazing views.most people I met were repeat clients who adored the place.
rewards from juicing show on the scales pretty fast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank chryssakork
Suzanne P, Manager at Homefield Grange Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Oh what a great review. We are so pleased that the programme worked so well for you and you loved our treatments, rooms, lovely views and yoga meditation. Yes we are very grateful that we get so many clients that return to us time and time again. We very much hope that you become one as well.
Wishing you health and happiness,

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to detox and lose weight then that is exactly what you will do. It’s straightforward and simple and so easy to follow although you can do as much or as little as you want, it’s not a boot camp. The accommodation and rooms are beautiful and very comfortable, It was my second time and I will go back again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Suzanne P, Manager at Homefield Grange Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that our programme was effective for you. It's great that we get so many returning clients that want their reboot to get them on track and keep them there. It was a pleasure having you at Homefield Grange. Keep up the good work.
Kindest regards