Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
US$60
Orbitz.com
US$93
US$87
The Saxon Crown(Corby)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Restaurant
Barton Hall Hotel(Barton Seagrave)
US$81
US$154
US$137
Hotels.com
US$68
PremierInn.com
1,296 results
All reviewsafternoon teasecret escapesbeautiful buildingsandwichesstately homeroll top bathsuperior roomturn down servicesteam roomcharles dickensthornhill armslocal pubhuge bathroomfour posterpre dinner drinkslake roomper head
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed just a single night at Rushton Hall so only booked ourselves a basic room which was in the Stable Block close to the Spa.
The room was comfortable and adequate for an overnight stop although if I had been staying longer I might have preferred a room that was a little larger and with a view. There were several small maintenance issues that I would not expect to find (but fixed myself – handy to have the Swiss army knife). It is always the quick solution!
The greeting on arrival was very friendly and the Concierge was most helpful and informative.
We ate dinner in the Hotel’s restaurant - menu comprehensively explained by the maître when queried – it was truly first class food – not just beautifully presented but delicious to eat as well. The service in the restaurant itself was good although possibly a little too “familiar” for the surroundings and came across as insincere although it was clearly not intended - maybe a training point for attention.
Breakfast is menu based with a good choice, but a bit slow when the room didn't seem full.
I would stay again if in the area – might choose a different room.

Room Tip: if staying in Stable Block - ask about the view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We went as a family group of 14 (aged 15 to 76). The hotel is fabulous - the building is amazing.
The rooms are all well appointed and the staff were friendly and attentive.
We had dinner in a private room, and apart from having to order our meals several weeks in advance, the food was fantatstic - 5/5...
A couple of points against (and one is quite a big large one); the breakfast took around an hour to arrive. And when it did it was not great. Probably one of the worst breakfasts I've ever eaten in a hotel - an egg and bacon roll from a road-side van would have been better.
And it's the little things. We popped down for a pre-dinner beer only to have our London Pride surved in naff cheapy glasses. When you're paying that sort of money for a beer, a nice glass is not too much to ask for.
I'm giving a 4/5 for the hotel, the service, and the fantastic food. As for the breakfast, I'll need to find a local cafe if I go again.

Room Tip: Skip breakfast and find a cafe
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was our eighth annual stay at Rushton Hall for a classic car event nearby. The reason we keep coming back is because of:

1. the wonderful setting and palatial splendour of a building dating from Jacobean times
2. the elegance and comfort of the public rooms and the bedrooms
3. the excellent restaurant
4. the superb service throughout
5. the first class swimming pool and spa facilities.

We have already booked again for next year. Can't wait!

Room Tip: The State Rooms are magnificent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I feel in theses days of ones high expectations of the more up market hotels, it's increasingly difficult to find what one is seeking to satisfaction.
Well, may I highly recommend this marvellous building and caring staff. Our experience was one we will treasure a lifetime and will always speak highly of our experience there. Our first impression was one of marvel as we drove up the drive and this great building began to reveal its magnificence, far better than Luton Hoo!
We were welcomed in by Tom the doorman, our check in was straight forward, friendly and professional. We found ourselves speechless when we entered our room, so much attention to detail and fine furnishings. We used the spa facility's every day and relaxed in the great hall so much we didn't want to go to our room!
If your travelling from overseas and want an experience of old England, this is it! you'll take many many photos to show your friends!!! Highly recommended by us both
Mr and Mrs Howard

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 21 June 2013

A big thank you to Tom the concierge for showing us around the historical parts. He is a superb asset to the hotel. The place oozes historic charm and atmosphere and the pool is a lovely spot for a bit of unwinding.

Some minor points were mildly annoying. They just couldn't get my full English breakfast right - missing mushrooms, eggs not done as I had asked and no pastries left by 9.30am. I was also disappointed that you have to pay an extra £2 for a cappuccino. I guess this is to put you off or to compensate them for the extra labour involved. Either way, it seems niggly considering the cost of the stay.

There was a wedding the day of our check-out and everything was shut-down in readiness for the hotel / wedding preparations. We would have loved a last drink before leaving at the bar but it wasn't to be.

But overall we had a good stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family