“Fantastic from start to finish!”

Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic from start to finish!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a wonderful night away booked by my husband for my 30th birthday. This was our second stay and it just gets better each time.

All I can say is wow - thank you rushton hall!

The staff on reception and the guy who carried our bags to our room were wonderfully polite and courteous, nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was a State room and it was beautiful. A 4 poster bed, lovely decor and a fabulous (massive!) bathroom with a separate roll top bath, beautiful.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was stunning beautifully presented by courteous and friendly staff - nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was lovely, we used room service for breakfast in bed and this was a lovely treat. Well cooked and delivered on time.

Check out was an easy process and again the reception staff were friendly and polite.

Then we headed to the stable yard spa for treatments (thank you Megan and Alexia you were both wonderful).

There is not one thing I would complain about - every single member of staff was polite, courteous, engaging and nothing was too much trouble.

I would recommend this to everyone. Thank you so much for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knickers_twickers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A room was booked as a gift for my husband and I for our wedding night. We did not arrive until around midnight and the young guy on check in was lovely. The room was beautiful, clean and we'll maintained in keeping with the property.

I was disappointed to find no towels, shampoo or conditioner were provided. There were two bathrobes so ended up using them to dry hands and when having a bath in the morning.

There was a bottle of wine in the room with a card saying congratulations. I don't particularly drink and my husband doesn't drink wine. Thinking it was a nice touch of a complimentary gift for our wedding we left it there as we wouldn't drink it.

When checking out, there was a busy reception and the two ladies did not look up to acknowledge us for more time than I would say is acceptable (myself being well trained in offering great customer service). The lady then proceeded to ask for payment. When I explained a relative had phoned previously to pay the balance in full the lady proceeded to look through various piles of paperwork before saying that yes, the room had been paid in full but not the wine. I explained that we hadn't asked for wine and hadn't even drank the wine it was still in the room so would not be paying for it! We were told somebody had phoned the day before to add it on, they had not taken a name and not taken payment. So effectively anyone can phone up and amend a booking?!?

Another lady was called over, presumably more senior, and agreed to waive the wine charge. This was a horrible start to our first full day as a married couple. There was never any hint of an apology from those ladies. All through this process I was visibly unhappy and on leaving even commented to another guest (who offered their congratulations as I was carrying my wedding dress out - something rushton hall failed to even say!!) That I would never come back to this place.

This was a shame as it was planned we could return for future anniversaries.

When my relative phoned to complain about the horrendous customer service, a management figure called tom has basically called me a liar from start to finish. Firstly he acknowledged there were no towels in the room but then back tracked and claimed there were. I'd like to know where as I scoured the wardrobe and ever drawer in an effort to find them. He also claims I am lying about being asked to pay for the room again. It also turns out the wine was for another couple staying that night (when we actually read the card properly which we brought home it said congratulations and their names in small print at the bottom!!) But rushton hall said this kind of mistake is fine as we never were made to pay for it so not a problem. They also claim on their cc tv we were perfectly happy and smiling when we left. Aside from the fact we were newly wed! I can honestly say I think I was smiling I disbelief at the shockingly poor customer service I had just received from supposedly such a premium hotel.

I was gutted that our wedding night had ended in such a way. I am even more gutted and now quite angry that their management have the audacity to call me a liar! Such a shame that the owner of the property / management are money grabbing, greedy and have no customer service morals. The hotel lacks the finishing touches and personalised service which is expected. I have consistently had better service from budget hotels such as premier inn!!

• Stayed April 2014
8 Thank Nixi P
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked this Hotel as a surprise for our 5 year anniversary. I booked through Secret Escapes, however as recommended by others on Tripadvisor I phoned ahead to request a room with a lovely view and free-standing bath. The lady who answered was very helpful and recommended a couple of rooms, so that I could choose between them.

On arrival we were not disappointed, the room (which I think was called The Plane Room on the third floor) was wonderful, it had two windows, one at the front overlooking the lake and another to the side overlooking the gardens. The room was beautifully decorated and very spacious,the bathroom wasn't very big but with the bath in the bedroom (a big highlight for us) we didn't mind at all.

Whilst here we used the gym and spa which was very clean and relaxing, it was a little busier on the Saturday compared to the Friday but we enjoyed both our visits here, reading our books, having a swim and relaxing in the jacuzzi.

We ate at the hotel restaurant on the Saturday night, the food here was amazing, we both enjoyed everything we had, the service was also great. Definitely worth a visit.

Finally I would recommend breakfast in bed, there is a small tray charge for this, but it was definitely worth it, as we spent our morning relaxing in our lovely room whilst the sun shone through the windows.

I would definitely recommend Rushton Hall and look forward to returning at some point.

Room Tip: Ring ahead to discuss which type of room you would prefer.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry W
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well what can I say. It was well worth a visit and more importantly the food was to die for. In the lounge bar we were greeted by Baj the Bar Manager who was extremely helpful and pleasant and Joshua the Barman was so friendly and welcoming. We were shown to our table for dinner where Kimberly our waitress was to take care of us. Her enthusiasm and passion for the job shined through her personality and it was a joy to be served by her. The presentation of the food was stunning. And all in all a very enjoyable experience. Just a shame chef hasn't got a Michelin Star because he does deserve one. I have eaten in a number of Star Restaurants and some are not half as good as this. The Hotel looks grand and impressive and we were greeted by friendly and pleasant staff. The Spa is fairly new and has quite a good sized swimming pool. Only gripe didnt try out the afternoon tea which looked amazing.

2 Thank kathleen w
Welford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Having just returned from an overnight stay at this stunning hotel and spa I had to write a review to confirm its a fabulous venue. The staff are all courteous, they really make your stay a welcome one, the spa facilities were very relaxing, clean, spacious and throughly enjoyable, the small cafe provided a filling snack with a glass of chardonnay just what was needed after a swim. The superior room was stunning, beautiful beamed ceilings, huge comfortable bed, the bathroom was of high quality and spotlessly clean, on entering the great hall for dinner you are greated and sat in the room to partake in a drink and peruse the excellent menu before being collected and shown to your table, the table service was second to none, the staff are very friendly, attentive and make you feel like royalty, the food was devine.....I cannot wait to return

1 Thank coventrynina
Lorton
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had such a good experience at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa during our overnight stay on April 15th. We found the staff to be well trained and would add that Wendy, Tom, Tyrone and others went the extra mile to make sure we felt welcomed and that our needs were met. Our room was well priced, and very comfortable with robes and slippers provided. Both our dinner and breakfast were quite delicious.

Rushton Hall is a gem and a " must see" for anyone interested in English Renaissance architecture and history. I would recommend that you google this property just to take a look at what you will find when arriving. There is a definite "wow" factor when you approach the property. One of the senior staff members recognized our interest in the history and was kind enough to carve out some time to share some of the remarkable history of the house, and its owners. The grounds are quite lovely and very walkable as we enjoyed several jaunts around the property.

1 Thank Nanny1Lorton
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We enjoyed a mid-week break here recently, paying the rack rate of £180 per night B&B for a superior room. We thought the room was fairly ordinary (low ceilings and small window on account of being on the 2nd floor), but the bathroom was a good size with a separate roll top bath and large shower.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. The spa is a lovely space – clean and not overcrowded (in the week), and not full of posers! I tried a gym class and thought it was good, although there was no information about the need to book and I was lucky to get the last spot available for the class (the rest having been booked up by local gym members). The highlight for us was dinner in the restaurant, which we thought was superb quality and reasonable value at £55 per person for 4 courses. There was a good wine list too. The cooked hotel breakfast was again of good quality and we very much enjoyed this. The buffet element was fairly ordinary, however, with regular boxed cereals, tinned prunes etc. Personally I would have preferred some (homemade) granola and porridge to be on offer, and some fresh muffins would have been nice too!

The hotel and its grounds are beautiful and well worth a wander around. There is not much else to see in the surrounding area though – a couple of country houses and the smart town of Market Harborough is about it.

On the negative side I felt the hotel scrimps in certain areas. Extra tea at afternoon tea is charged for (I’ve never heard of any decent place doing this – if they use tea leaves surely they can just top up the hot water??), our bathroom toiletries were not replenished on the 2nd day (and since we both used the gym and spa morning and afternoon we had actually run out by our final morning), you have to pay extra for lattes/cappuccinos etc at breakfast and there is no body cream/cleansers etc. provided in the spa changing rooms. I would rather pay an extra £20 per night than feel stung in this way. Interestingly, we have family locally and they said that the reputation of the hotel is that it is “stingy”.

Lastly, one major failing for us was the “spa café”. When we booked treatments we were encouraged to have a gap between so we could have lunch if we wished in the spa café. What a joke! Firstly there are very few seats so when we first tried to go there it was full. By the time we got a table at nearly 2pm, from a menu that offered only sandwiches, paninis and jacket potatoes…only sandwiches were left, and none with cheese!! It was a very boring menu and for £20 we had some very ordinary sandwiches and a soft drink each. It was packed lunch quality and really poor. I also had a cappuccino at £3.95 which was absolute rubbish. The hotel proudly advertises “Illy” coffee…but if the person doesn’t know how to make the drink it doesn’t really matter!

On our first night we ate out at a local restaurant – Thai Garden in Rothwell. 3 courses each for under £20 and good quality; the restaurant was full on a Sunday evening. Highly recommended!

3 Thank LizzieG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
The Three Swans Hotel
The Three Swans Hotel
#1 of 5 in Market Harborough

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!