“Amazing wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
Bedfordshire, UK
“Amazing wedding”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We want to thank ALL the staff at Rushton Hall for making our daughter's wedding the most memorable, fantastic weekend. Every single member of staff did their upmost to look after all of our guests, nothing was too much trouble. We had a dinner on the night before the wedding for 20 people in the wedding party. This was held in the library, privately and was a fantastic start to our celebrations. On the day of the wedding the hotel was exclusively ours and all our guest were allocated rooms which they loved. There isn't a bad room at Rushton, they are all individual and immaculately clean and well cared for. The organisation of the day was perfect and the food was amazing. We had free-flowing wine and beer and I was pleased to see that all our guests were 'topped up' very regularly! Our daughter and son-in-law had the 'fairytale wedding' they had dreamed of and this was due to the hard work of the staff and to the amazing building. Photo opportunities are abundant inside and outside and we felt that it was ours for a weekend and we all felt very much at home. Quite a few people used the spa which was rated very highly by them. The breakfast was delicious, individually cooked and brought to the table and I was able to have my favourite smoked haddock and poached eggs, but the full English was very popular. We have had so many of our guests contact us and say what an amazing time they had at Rushton Hall and that they will return for a weekend break. In conclusion, we are very, very grateful for all the hard work and attention to detail which made our daughter's Easter wedding perfect - thank you so much Rushton Hall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nollo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Hastings
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was lucky enough to be spoilt to a weekend at Rushton Hall for my hen do. I was blindfolded as we approached the house, and what a surprise when it was removed! The building it's self is absolutely stunning and the scenery is picturesque. We arrived slightly early, but this gave us chance to have a champagne picnic on the lawn!

Once we checked into our rooms, we were relieved of our bags and shown the way by a very polite young man. Be warned, the building is absolutely huge!! When we eventually got to our room (in the more modern part of the building) we were very pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful and very spacious. Unfortunately our party was at opposite ends of the hotel (a good 8minute walk and a lot of stairs!!) but this was due to booking at different times. I liked that despite the size of the building, rooms were not packed in for packing sake, and You couldn't hear the other guests in their rooms like I have experienced in other hotels.

The concierge informed us there were dressing gowns and slippers provided and we could wear them to the spa. We rushed to the spa and wow! We had a fantastic time using the facilities, although we all agreed there was too much chlorine in the spa it's self as it burnt our eyes! I was treated to a facial, and the lady was very nice and knowledgable without being pushy to buy the products.

The beds were comfortable, and the whole place it's self was spotless. Breakfast was gorgeous and was plentiful.

We had the most amazing weekend in this very palatial venue. Thank you to all at Rushton for a job very well done.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahCarver760
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Superlatives do not to justice for 1 of the greatest venues i have ever attended for a wedding. The ambience and stuff were absolutely 5 star the history of the hall is and we are certainly plan a return visit for a mid week break. We live in Perth western Australia and are used to excellent food etc and found an equal here however the staff made it for us nothing was too much trouble thank you all

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank cgjkperth
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

You cannot fail to be impressed as you drive through the gates and approach the hotel which sits at the end of a sweeping drive. This was a weekend away to celebrate my partners 50th birthday and I really wanted everything to be just right. Thank you to Rushton Hall for ensuring this was the case!

I booked through Secret Escapes and as soon as I had the confirmation, e mailed the hotel to book dinner for the two evenings we were staying. The hotel quickly telephoned me and reservations were made (tip - if you are staying and want to eat in the restaurant, I would suggest particularly at weekends that you make a booking).

From check in to check out and during our stay, the staff and the service they provided were first class. Formal when necessary but not too formal to have a laugh and joke, I can only compliment the whole team.

The hotel itself uses it's period features marvellously. The great hall furnishings and paintings take you back to the time when this was a family residence, the adjoining rooms are again decorated with period features but offset these with a light and airy feel. There are lots of areas to sit in comfort and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the building.

We stayed in the Thomas Tresham room. This had good views of the hotel grounds, a quirky, good sized room with low entrance door and some lovely period furniture. The bed was comfortable and the room so peaceful. The bathroom was modern with a drench shower over the bath and hot water was plentiful and the water pressure good. Robes and towels were nice and fluffy and there was a good selection of named toiletries. We both slept really well during our stay.

We did use the spa facilities. These are modern, clean and reasonably sized. If we had one slight niggle, the hydro pool is too small however, on good days, there is also one outside. The gym (which I used) is fairly compact but has modern machines and I really couldn't fault it's facilities.

I've saved the best until last - the food! We ate in the restaurant both nights. The menu isn't extensive (not a bad thing in my opinion) however, it is changed regularly. The starters, mains and sweets are invariably works of art when presented but more importantly the flavours and textures make for great food. The rosettes the restaurant has been awarded are definitely well deserved. Not to take anything away from the other courses, but the sweets usually brought a chorus of 'wows' when presented and even more upon tasting them! Breakfasts are cooked to order, no buffets and as a result, they are hot, well presented and very tasty.

As I said at the beginning, service was excellent throughout the hotel but I do have to make special mention of the restaurant and bar areas. Baj who is the manager of these areas is so passionate about customer service. His team are personable, smartly presented and hard working and all obviously committed to Baj's goals. Service was not over fussy but you never had to ask for anything, it was always there when you needed it - that is class.

Thank you again Rushton Hall - my partner had a lovely weekend, had no idea where she was going until we drove in to the gates and I'm very grateful to you for making it so special for her. We look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R55DRG
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place is brilliant, from the view as you drive in to the incredible attitude of all the staff. My wife and I had such a relaxing time, the food was great, the service superb and the environment excellent.

During our stay we had one small problem with the room and the reception staff did everything they could to not only take us very seriously but also immediately resolve the issue. In the dining room the manager and staff took time to discuss the food and wine with us, making us feel as though they truly wanted to look after us. The spa facilities were excellent, both of us having top quality massages.

I can find nothing to fault about this hotel, it is a remarkable place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julian R
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a wonderful night away booked by my husband for my 30th birthday. This was our second stay and it just gets better each time.

All I can say is wow - thank you rushton hall!

The staff on reception and the guy who carried our bags to our room were wonderfully polite and courteous, nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was a State room and it was beautiful. A 4 poster bed, lovely decor and a fabulous (massive!) bathroom with a separate roll top bath, beautiful.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was stunning beautifully presented by courteous and friendly staff - nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was lovely, we used room service for breakfast in bed and this was a lovely treat. Well cooked and delivered on time.

Check out was an easy process and again the reception staff were friendly and polite.

Then we headed to the stable yard spa for treatments (thank you Megan and Alexia you were both wonderful).

There is not one thing I would complain about - every single member of staff was polite, courteous, engaging and nothing was too much trouble.

I would recommend this to everyone. Thank you so much for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knickers_twickers
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A room was booked as a gift for my husband and I for our wedding night. We did not arrive until around midnight and the young guy on check in was lovely. The room was beautiful, clean and we'll maintained in keeping with the property.

I was disappointed to find no towels, shampoo or conditioner were provided. There were two bathrobes so ended up using them to dry hands and when having a bath in the morning.

There was a bottle of wine in the room with a card saying congratulations. I don't particularly drink and my husband doesn't drink wine. Thinking it was a nice touch of a complimentary gift for our wedding we left it there as we wouldn't drink it.

When checking out, there was a busy reception and the two ladies did not look up to acknowledge us for more time than I would say is acceptable (myself being well trained in offering great customer service). The lady then proceeded to ask for payment. When I explained a relative had phoned previously to pay the balance in full the lady proceeded to look through various piles of paperwork before saying that yes, the room had been paid in full but not the wine. I explained that we hadn't asked for wine and hadn't even drank the wine it was still in the room so would not be paying for it! We were told somebody had phoned the day before to add it on, they had not taken a name and not taken payment. So effectively anyone can phone up and amend a booking?!?

Another lady was called over, presumably more senior, and agreed to waive the wine charge. This was a horrible start to our first full day as a married couple. There was never any hint of an apology from those ladies. All through this process I was visibly unhappy and on leaving even commented to another guest (who offered their congratulations as I was carrying my wedding dress out - something rushton hall failed to even say!!) That I would never come back to this place.

This was a shame as it was planned we could return for future anniversaries.

When my relative phoned to complain about the horrendous customer service, a management figure called tom has basically called me a liar from start to finish. Firstly he acknowledged there were no towels in the room but then back tracked and claimed there were. I'd like to know where as I scoured the wardrobe and ever drawer in an effort to find them. He also claims I am lying about being asked to pay for the room again. It also turns out the wine was for another couple staying that night (when we actually read the card properly which we brought home it said congratulations and their names in small print at the bottom!!) But rushton hall said this kind of mistake is fine as we never were made to pay for it so not a problem. They also claim on their cc tv we were perfectly happy and smiling when we left. Aside from the fact we were newly wed! I can honestly say I think I was smiling I disbelief at the shockingly poor customer service I had just received from supposedly such a premium hotel.

I was gutted that our wedding night had ended in such a way. I am even more gutted and now quite angry that their management have the audacity to call me a liar! Such a shame that the owner of the property / management are money grabbing, greedy and have no customer service morals. The hotel lacks the finishing touches and personalised service which is expected. I have consistently had better service from budget hotels such as premier inn!!

• Stayed April 2014
8 Thank Nixi P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!