“Expensive Dinner”

Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We booked this hotel on Secret Escapes, just 1 night B & B. The Hotel itself is very nice and welcoming and the room was excellent and very big.
When it came to dinner we had booked for 1930 and were told to be ready at 1915 in the bar. The table we first sat at was filthy it had just been cleared but the floor was disgusting so we moved. The drinks arrived along with the menus. It took some time before our order was taken and we eventually were seated at our table at 2000.
The food was fine a bit fancy but tasty and filling. When we got the bill it was incorrect and no Secret escapes discount. It still came to over £300 for four people with the discount.
The next morning after a very nice breakfast it took some time to sort the bill. The simple task of splitting the bill 2 ways seemed to confuse them. I shall not be eating there if I go again.

Room Tip: Be careful what you drink it is very expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ourkidd

Reviewed 2 June 2014

One of the nicest and most beautiful hotels I've ever had the joy of staying in. The staff are wonderful, the food lovely, and nothing is better than an early morning stroll around the grounds. I don't know if I've ever been more relaxed. My partner and I had an absolutely spectacular time.

Room Tip: The Lord Cullen room was fantastic. Large shower, clawed foot tub, and beautiful four poster bed wit...
3  Thank LaylaZee
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had an excellent time here. Amazing building and grounds, superb food, excellent service and rooms. Could not fault anything and was amazingly good value considering the very high standards. Will be booking in for a longer stay as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room (Francis Tresham) and this was lovely with great character and very large bathr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor W
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just back from a delightful afternoon tea to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We sat in the Great Hall of this beautiful building with its links to the Tresham family, Elizabethan England and of course the Gunpowder Plot. Tea was nicely presented and served with a real smile by an enthusiastic team of youngsters. The sandwiches were very enjoyable and the scones and cakes were first class - all washed down with a glass of champagne. Great!

2  Thank Tanglewood4
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed Sat 24th May as a surprise treat from my partner. Reception check in ladies were perfect even though they were obviously coming to the end of their early morning shift they showed enthusiasm & charm on our arrival.
Tyrone I think his name was, who I understand is a Manager at the hotel, was delightful, he took time to be attentive but not intrusive.
Our room was "Van Allen" which had stunning views, an extremely comfortable bed & gorgeous bathroom.
I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for something a little special but not pretentious.

2  Thank Suzanne D
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed her whilst in Kettering on business and had a lovely stay. I arrived too early because of a last minute meeting cancelation and my room wasn't ready however my case was taken and I was shown into the great hall where I could wait and have a coffee or a bite to eat while I did a bit of work. Eventually I checked in which was a little slow but this was due to their personable touch. I and another couple were taken to our room and given a brief explanation of where everything was and left to settle in. My room overlooked the tennis courts but the view further a field was wonderful. I had a large bed with scatter cushions, a small chair and dessing table and an occasional table with refreshments on it inc complimentary water. I had an assortment of teas and coffee and hot chocolate with a note how to obtain more milk should I need it. The bathroom had a rain shower which was lovely with penhalagan toiletries. I made use of the spa facilities which included an outside jaccuzzi which was greaton such a warm evening. There was also a sauna, steam room, iinside jacuzzi and plenty of seatin areas. I chose to have a facial as there were spaces available and went away with new Elemis products to try which I am enjoying. A totally relaxing afternoon and a gorgeous nights sleep left me refreshed for my meeting the following day. I will definitely stay here again when I have business nearby

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank julie m
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Have just returned from an overnight trip. From the moment we walked in we felt welcome and well treated and the staff were so friendly while being super efficient. Our room was quite small (classic) but very nice, clean and with quality furnishings. The food was superb! From afternoon tea in the Great Hall to dinner and breakfast, the quality and presentation of the food was exceptional. The building and grounds are beautiful. We will go back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!