Stayed on a Saturday night and took occupancy of The Dukes Room which is the largest room in the hotel. Compared to the smaller rooms in the hotel this room is undoubtedly worth the extra outlay.
The bedroom itself is on the first floor and can only be described as massive by UK Hotel room standards, with ample storage space and great views of the lawns that surround the property.
Beautiful furniture (including a good sized dining table which was put to good use for the breakfast served next morning in the room) complement the four poster bed and the room is decorated in light neutral colours. Other services include a flat screen TV and broadband internet access.
The equally huge bathroom is accessed through an internal side corridor and down some steps, as you enter the bathroom you are struck by the sheer size of the room which is adorned with mirrors and a large bathtub in the centre of the room. Complimentary Molton Brown toiletries are supplied.
The food at the hotel was fantastic and incredibly good value, as was the wine list with plenty to choose from what would appear an extensice cellar.
The property itself has many areas to chill out in, with a great hall, a library and other smaller ante rooms to sneak away to. On departure we viewed "the oak room" bedroom, and whilst impressive we felt was slightly smaller and darker than the Dukes Room in which we resided.
And most importantly the staff attitude towards us was excellent.
I would thoroughly recommmend staying here, but you must take The Dukes Room - you wont regret it !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rushton Hall is a Grade I Listed 4 Red Star Hotel and 3 Rosette Restaurant, surrounded by the cities of Kettering and Market Harborough. Guests will find this convenient location is just minutes from Wicksteed Park, Stoke Albany Golf Club, Rockingham Castle, Rockingham Speedway, Rutland Water, Telford Way Industrial Park and Kettering Business Park. The nearest train stations are Kettering or Market Harborough. Beauty and elegance abounds to enhance the guest's experience. From beautiful gardens for an afternoon stroll to the sparkling pool for a quick dip to relaxing with spa services, this hotel offers a variety of luxuries to enhance any getaway. All rooms are individually designed in keeping with their country house decor. Bed sizes vary per room and all rooms are ensuite and feature tea and coffee making facilities, bathrobes and slippers and turn down service is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, SpeedyBooker.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rushton Hall Hotel Rushton
- Hall Hotel Rushton
- Rushton Hall Hotel And Spa Northamptonshire