Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tempe, Arizona
“cheated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Oil companies are gobbling up rooms like they're going out of style. Double tree of Midland is taking advantage and paying $300.00 plus for a night stay in a construction zone was not cool.
The crew on the night shift seemed unprofessional and not at par with what I expect from a Hilton/ Double tree employee. Walking past the makeshift meeting room / Lounge my wife and I didn't get that good ol Texas warm and fuzzy from the ( what we lovingly call here in Midland ) Oil Field trash hanging out after hours in the public area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry that we failed to provide that warm fuzzy you are accustomed to from us! We are almost finished with our renovation process, the public areas were the last to be started. I do understand that travel is difficult at best, and staying during a renovation is not a wow moment. I hope you will come back and see all the wonderful changes we have made for our guests. I am sure you will be impressed. To address rate, the oil boom drives the market here and we are in line with current market trends. We are neither the highest, nor are we the lowest. We are very proud of the updated guest rooms and restaurant, and the level of service that we provide here. I again apologize that you were inconvenienced during your last stay, and hope you will give us another chance to provide the warm fuzzy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I have stayed here a few times and with the oil boom in West Texas, this hotel is very conveniently located to downtown at a reasonable price. Nice restaurant in the hotel; but also a few good restaurants within walking distance. We found a mexican restaurant and a very nice italian restaurant a few blocks away.

Room Tip: One time we had a great room and another time we had an average room (carpet was stained).
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed our property. Our room renovations are nearly complete and the public areas are well underway. Please return and see all of the wonderful changes we are making for our customers. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant as well as the ones in our neighborhood! They are all very good. Please contact me if i can be of assistance to you on your future stays with us, and thanks again for the great review!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

We arrived just ahead of the big snowstorm, so good to have the parking garage.Considering the hotel is under renovations, our stay of 3 nights on the 7th floor was fine. Our room was one of the newly remodeled so everything was clean and new. Wolfgang Ouck single serve coffee pot. Great breakfast buffet with great service. Starbucks coffee downstairs lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! I hope you will be back to see us again after we have finished the renovation, so you can see all the improvements we have made for our guests!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Ok, so I get that there is a shortage of hotels and hotel rooms in the Midland/Odessa area. However, I do not appreciate the insane mark up of the hotels that are available. A DoubleTree for $274 for an average room?!? I am not staying in a boutique hotel in a beautiful city. The price is outrageous. That being said, I hate to take away from what otherwise was a fine stay. The staff was nice and the hotel was in a nice location. There is construction going on and I heard complaints about paint fumes. I had a horrible cold and did not notice a smell. My room was very comfortable and roomy. The internet and desk was perfect for a business traveller like myself. I ordered room service and the food was just fine, exactly what I expected. It was a fine stay, I just cannot believe what they charge.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience with us! The oil boom in our local area has driven the pricing of all the local hotels up. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come and see us again soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a night for work. The hotel is an older hotel that is amidst being remodeled. I feel that it was way overpriced for the quality, at least while they are currently under construction.

I have stayed at other double tree hotels for much less money and with better accommodations.

The room was clean, except for when I pulled the linen back on the bed and the sheets were soiled.

I contacted the front desk and they moved me to another room (actually, I moved myself at 11:00pm) :-/

Hopefully, they can improve in the future.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay here. As you said, we are under major renovation. We do our best to try to ensure a pleasant experience for all of our guests, even during construction. I hope that you will return and give us an opportunity to show you that we are better than what you experienced on your last visit.
Lubbock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Very nice hotel, especially when you consider the limited choices in the area. not cheap but compared to everything else in the market this is worth the cost.
I stay very frequently and never dissatisfied
Hilton Diamond Member

Room Tip: This hotel is being converted from a Hilton to a doubletree so there is some construction going on...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your business and your continued loyalty with the Hilton family of brands. We look forward to serving you again in the future. :)
Lakewood, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

As of early November, 2012. Diamond Member Hilton hotel chain. "Temporary" restaurant has been set up for breakfast and food is covered literally with tens of flies. Person at desk has a fly swatter to keep the flies off of them. No hot water on one night. I shudder to think how they wash the sheets in cold water. I would absolutely avoid this hotel - I have stayed here over the years and it is getting worse and worse.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Punkin7338, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations and we’re actively working with our housekeeping team to focus on cleanliness and comfort throughout our property. We have noted the condition of the temporary restaurant was substandard. We’ll keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate refresh options at our property. Thank you again, and we hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Be Blessed,