“Midland, Texas Doubletree hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Midland Doubletree hotel is in a good location. It is clean, has a courteous and helpful staff, and good facilities. I only ate a modest breakfast at the hotel so I cannot fairly rate the restaurant. The staff in the restaurant during breakfast were very pleasant and made a sincere effort to make you feel welcome. I am not fond of flourescent lamps in the rooms; I prefer a brighter light for reading.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a great location for our business clients, and love our new look! I do hope that you will return to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The room was very smelly, like piss. Had to turn AC all the way up to 64 for it to get cold. Then elevator closed on my luggage & I had to push the open door button to release it. My child almost put his hand in between the door to hold it open. If that would have been his hand it would have smashed them. Also found out the someone got stabbed in the hall ways. Not a place I would recommend to family or friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
helen_futrell, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to register the issues that you encountered while you stayed with us. Secondly, I also wanted to give you my personal apology. I met with the Executive Housekeeper first to address your comments about odor in your room. She will be relaunching training with our deoderizer protocols. The Chief Engineer will be calling Otis Elevator to send technicians out to check both elevator banks for proper closing. We also will be reviewing room inspection procedures to make certain all AC units are checked for function and sound. I will also be personally meeting today with our chief of security to review any recent reported incidents. Again, my thanks and apologies. If I can answer any questions or help in any way please feel free to call me at the property.

Keith Dial

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was greeted in the front of the hotel and offered complimentary valet parking. Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a luxury suite due to my Diamond status. When checking out, I was presented with a fantastic robe as a valued guest. The staff was very courteous throughout my entire stay, the accommodations were excellent, and the food was top-notch. In an area where hotels are hard to come by and very expensive with all of the fracking going on, customer service doesn't always meet up with expectations, but this hotel came through with all 5 stars. If I return to Midland--I will definitely be returning to this hotel. My compliments to the management and staff at this location!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and the West Texas hospitality! We truly value our most loyal guests and are pleased that you liked your robe. I do hope you will be back to visit with us again soon. We look forward to having you!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

While the lobby has been renovated and the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are ancient and actually smell musty, stale and just....old. They really need some TLC. My room faced the railroad tracks, but it wasn't clear whether the two freight trains that went through overnight were louder or quieter than my room's air conditioner. Realize that rooms in Midland are limited and renovations are time-consuming, but this hotel needs some help.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Erin R, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our welcoming staff. I apologize to hear that your guest room did not meet the expectations that you had of us. We always want our guests to be happy in their accommodations. We recently finished a major renovation that included all of our guest rooms, as well as the public spaces. We will take your comments into consideration as we are constantly making a consorted effort to better our hotel. We thank you again for your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

upon arrival at the DoubleTree my room was warm so I turned down the AC thermostat. When I got back to the room about 10:00 p.m. my room was still warm so I called for maintenance to come check the unit. The maintenance guy tried to reset the unit.... but after he left the unit once again turned itself off and the room was getting warmer. i called about midnight for the guy to come back. still unsuccessful in fixing the unit. The next day the hotel replaced the unit and thermostat and told me they would give me a discount for having a miserable first night at the hotel.. Upon checking out... I found they gave me a whopping $10 off a $240/night stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I appreciate your time and feedback. I do apologize that your air conditioner did not work properly the first night you stayed with us. Our desk agent did make a small adjustment to your bill, and after we spoke I asked that we make a further adjustment. You should have seen that on your credit card statement, as it was done after you checked out. I hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This staff at this hotel was excellent, from the valet, to the bartender. It was very clean. The rooms were nice, with a comfy bed. Unfortunately, there was no microwave or fridge. They take excellent care of Diamond members. The breakfast was included, and was very tasty, and they had lots of healthy options. I know that the fire alarm works, because it went off in the middle of the night. It truly was the worst sound I have ever heard in my life. Other than that craziness, our stay at the hotel was fantastic, and I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel! I'm thrilled you had such a great stay with us! I am sorry the fire alarm went off and frightened you, better to be safe than sorry! It's a loud alarm that's for sure. We want to always ensure our guests are safe! I hope you will come back and see us again soon! I'd love to treat you to a latte at our Steam coffee bar for your troubles. Just ask for me at the desk.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Always nice and clean. Good breakfast buffet. Room service is always on time. Staff is very friendly. I stay here a few times a month on business, and it's always the same clean, friendly, fresh baked cookies as soon as you arrive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
helen_futrell, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for the excellent review! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are proud to offer newly renovated, clean rooms! And of course, everyone loves the cookie! They are delicious. Hope to see you again soon!