“Decent Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Ive stayed at several Fairfield Inn's and this was is very average. It is very small with just 2 stories but the bathrooms in the rooms are updated. Breakfast is typical is typical and i enjoyed the free water available at the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Stepgonz,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our complimentary water in our lobby. However, it is our goal to impress our guests, and I'm sorry that we came up short during your stay. Please allow the Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

All staff was great. Don by far my favorite he will take care of you. Thanks to Fairfield for the great stay and helpful staff. The rooms we perfect and clean. Great breakfast and morning staff. Pool area well lit and overall very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Traveling for business, stayed all week. Room was clean and well kept. What I thought made the difference here, was the wonderful customer service I received from Don in the evenings and Yvonne in the mornings. I was happily surprised how inviting they were, made me feel that someone noticed I was there. Don knew my name each time I came through the door. I am going to stay there again just because of them! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 19 March 2014

First and foremost, if you are going to stay in a hotel in Midland, you are going to over pay. It's an issue of supply and demand, and with the oil boom going on there, hotel rooms are in high demand. I paid $249/night, and that includes a corporate discount, for a room that was worth, in my opinion, $99 at best.

On the positive side, the room was clean and only about 15 minutes from the airport. Front desk was relatively friendly, and the breakfast was included and was halfway decent.

I thought the colors in the hotel were way too bright and somewhat obnoxious. Bed was relatively comfortable but the pillows were definitely not.

Overall, I was not very impressed, but not a whole lot to complain about either!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank themosh1
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Carl M,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland. I'm glad to hear that you found your room clean and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. However, we strive to impress every one of our guests, and I would like to apologize that we did not meet our goal during your stay. I will share your comments with my staff so that we can improve for our future guests. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Overall it was a good stay for our short business trip. We could not lower the room temperature at night and the A/C unit became extremely loud after midnight. The greatest disappointment was loosing my new business dress shoes. Walked into the room wearing this shoes at 9:30PM, got up, had breakfast, packed and left hotel around 9AM next day. While still driving in Midland, TX I recalled that I did not pack my dress shoes. I called hotel, notified about my loss and stopped by... to find out that the room was cleaned but no shoes were found. It's very unfortunate for me but it looks like I was not the only one who liked these black pair of dress shoes. Drove back to hometown, unloaded luggage and triple check my car hoping for a miracle... Made another phone call to hotel... no shoes were reported to be found by housekeeping personnel. "Cinderella"

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lvw24
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Ivw24,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your overall stay was satisfactory. I'm very sorry that your shoes were misplaced while you were here, but I'm so happy we were able to find them and get them sent to you. We hope you will come back and see us again the next time business brings you to the area.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We chose to return here for a family visit, because the 3yo likes to swim -- and this clean, spacious, sensibly appointed hotel is one of the few in the area to offer an indoor pool. In February, both the pool water and the room air temps were warm enough to be inviting, and we had a great time (despite the temporarily out-of-service hot tub). The king bed plus sleeper sofa are handily arranged for a multi-generation group. King bed was super-comfy. Cookies on arrival, breakfast on departure -- it was everything we needed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked a room here because it's one of the few places in the Permian Basin with an indoor pool and hot tub. And the hot tub isn't working and the staff said it might take a week to fix it.
Not good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Wtxtraveler,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience caused by our hot tub being out of commission and for not being able to give you a better estimate of when it would be fixed. At this time we are still in the process of having the pool company repair it, and do not have a completion date. We are hopeful it will be very soon, as we know how much our guests enjoy relaxing in it. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Midland.