“Great Place, Great Value”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Midland
El Paso, Texas
“Great Place, Great Value”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were able to get a last minute deal when going to Midland, almost all other hotels in the area are waaaay over priced. The inside is newly renovated and very nice. The room was spacious and clean, the lobby was very nice, staff was friendly. Great place, will definitely stay here again next time I visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bailey, Colorado
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I thought this would be a safe bet after reading reviews. Our room was so dirty. Bathroom had hair on the floor and the base and sides of the toilet had urine all over them. The door to the bathroom was caked with black hand prints and what looked like bugars. I borrowed cleaning supplies from friends we were visiting in Midland and when I wiped down the floor with paper towels they were black! I was afraid to complain because there were no other vacancies in Midland anywhere and didn't want to become a target for the staff. The side of the fridge unit had sticky stuff all over and the ice bucket had water in it from the last guests.

The only reason for poor and not terrible rating is that the sheets were clean and there were no signs of bed bugs. The staff was also very friendly as we had to call the desk twice at 2 and 4 in the morning to break up the wedding party in the hall outside our door. They took care of it and were very nice.

Maybe our room just got overlooked, but it was hard to be there without feeling like it was just so dirty.

I hope they are in the process of hiring more staff for their sake.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were just here for a night. I got to the hotel three hours before check in time and was prepared to wait for our room but I was allowed in the room right there and then. The hotel is very nice, modern, very clean rooms with a lot of space, great bathrooms, breakfast included, and lemonade and different kinds of coffee and tea available all day at the lobby, always a plus for us. Oh, and fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. The location is great, close to shopping malls, restaurants and other shops. Please make sure you don't confuse this hotel with the Comfort Inn on I-20 while checking out hotels in Midland.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank roxanawilson
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Had a good stay at the Comfort Suites and liked it well enough that I have already returned for a subsequent stay. It is a nice normal hotel with all the amenities of what one would expect (wi-fi, desk, microwave, mini fridge, sofa area, large room, King bed, in-room coffee, fitness room, tiny outdoor pool, business center). They had good customer service. On one stay I had trouble with my television. The front desk clerk tried to help, offered to move me and also a discount for my troubles. The rooms were clean. Except on one stay the in-room coffee filter had not been changed – yuk. Bathrooms were clean. They do have in-lobby single cup coffee with high quality pods (Newman’s Own organic) which was a nice touch and much better than the in-room coffee. They also offer warm fresh cookies in the afternoon. One of the main reasons I went back and will go back again is that they offered a reasonable rate. Most all the other Midland hotels are price gouging due to the oil boom. So far, this is the only hotel I have found that still honors the standard rates and discounts. Also, be aware they and most all the local hotels fill up during the business week and you likely will not be able to have an early check-in or late check-out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pirateparrot
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Booking a hotel for multiple consecutive nights is nearly impossible in this town, but if I can I always book this one. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the staff is always amazingly helpful in trying to help me with my reservation or anything else I might need. All hotels in the area have steep markups, but the Comfort is even slightly cheaper than those of similar or less quality.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dreilide
San Antonio
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Staff is very friendly, front desk staff was absolutely great especially a beautiful woman by the name of Criselda, who tried her best to extend another night of stay knowing it very had to find rooms in midland even invited her for margaritas, but she wouldn't give in hehe but great stay

Room Tip: Book a month in advance
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark W
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this motel last week. I will say that I was happy with it overall. It was much better than a lot of the alternitives I could have chose from. The price for motels and hotels in this area are crazy right now.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was above average compaired to hotels that I have stayed in. I was in town for business and it looks like I will be in the area a lot and this will be my first choice everytime. Oh and the location is great, resturants right next door are a big plus.

• Stayed May 2012