“Overrated”

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Port Huron, Michigan
“Overrated”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We picked this hotel because it got such good reviews on trip advisor. The decent hotels are a distance off I-20 around the loop. The clerk at the front desk was friendly when we arrived. Our room was decorated with a fresh look and was clean. There were two phones in our room, with buttons to contact the front desk, internet assistance, wake-up call, etc. etc. Neither phone in our room worked and a lamp had a burned out bulb. When we walked down to the front desk later in the evening to report these things, the new clerk didn't seem at all concerned. In fact, she seemed bothered by our contacting her. With so many good hotels in this area, we would not return to this one. In the morning when we left, we couldn't find anyone at the front desk!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cabotpierre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice as well. The only drawback was the location. Not much to do in the area. Most of the shopping and restaurants are 10-15 minutes away, driving. Over all, a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

First stay at a Choice Hotel and was very impressed. Upon check in I was greeted by friendly staff and given free snacks and water. Was nice after a long day of driving. Hotel was very clean and our room was spacious. We had a living room and 2 comfortable beds. Outside pool area was quite nice; even had a putting green! Breakfast was good in the morning as well. Great hotel if you are ever in Midland.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great Room in a Great hotel. BBQ beside the really neat pool gazebo. Bring your putter as they have a putting green to practice on....awesome....Breakfast was provided and it was lovely. We were able to eat whilst overlooking the pool and hot whirlpool. Managers welcome consisted of beer and tacos...wishing a bottle or two of wine existed but, thats OK....I dont mind a beer every now and then. Its so friendly and happy out there in those parts of Texas...gorgeous weather, great mall close by and lovely hotel/food. Cannot wait until I return.

Room Tip: I had a view of the pool and I would ask for that next time....I noticed that the sun seemed to be s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aussiebab
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! My flight crew and I were greeted by a friendly staff who gave us complimentary water and snacks. The room was clean, comfortable, and I felt like I was at home for another night!! How could you not be happy with a free breakfast, too!!! This is a great hotel!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LindsayLouY
Fort Davis, TX
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had to be in Midland recently, and it's usually difficult to find a clean, reasonably priced room with the oil boom going on. Not only was this great value, but the staff at the desk seemed to be genuinely glad to have our business. They offered us a little snack and a bottled water before we even got to the elevators. They took the time to point out all of the amenities, and were smiling and pleasant all the time. Both our check-in and check-out were handled efficiently. This will be our new place to stay in Midland, and I'll look for this brand again when I travel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carla K
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had to stay out here for business in this motel for about a month to a month in a half. Not only was the service outstanding, it was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The employees in the morning did a great job helping me with all my company faxes and also the night staff did a great job as well helping me with any questions I had. I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you Sleep Inn Staff - Monica, Leslie, Marcos, Joel, Christina, David, and Michael. My business trip here in Midland would not have been as successful without the help of this staff. A very nice touch in the morning is the breakfast provided. Mary did a great job providing me and my employees with a great breakfast. At the end of the night it was definitely good to come back to the sleep in and have a filling dinner provided with free soda and beer by Marlene. I really do appreciate the great quality of service from all the staff here and will be for sure staying here again. Thanks Sleep Inn Staff Midland.

Scott Davis

Room Tip: The second floor is where the laundry machines are.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business