“Love the decor, friendly staff, but bad experience.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Midland
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Denver, Colorado
“Love the decor, friendly staff, but bad experience.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I came in due to my job and at first was very pleased to see how lovely the place is especially after being at a not so great hotel the night before.
The rooms are very modern and clean. The staff was very inviting and hospitable.

I went to shower after a long 12 hour work day and mid shampoo realized my shower had not been cleaned. There was a used soap on the holder with hairs on it, as well as hairs on the shower floor. Called front desk to inform them. Then I went to brush my teeth to also find more little hairs lining the top of the sink. Called again as I was grossed out beyond belief at this point. The trash had also not been changed. The manager apologized and switched me to another room. As much as I stay in hotels I'm realizing housekeepers just don't care at all these days.

Next room was great bathroom was thankfully clean!!!

Was upset when on the phone talking at a normal indoor volume my neighbor banged on my wall for me to quiet down. Confused by this I soon found the walls are literally paper thin and cheaply made. Woke up at 4am to same neighbor only this time she was on the phone yelling at her boyfriend. WHO I could hear on the phone. I was up all morning after that to her coughing. Ridiculous!!!

Why would you have such badly insulated walls at a hotel? Makes no sense to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Sydfaja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2014

When I needed a Staycation, my husband and I went to the Sleep Inn. We fell in love with the generously sized Jacuzzi tub, and the clean spacious room. The staff was very friendly, with complimentary snacks and water at check in, and reasonably priced for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the Jacuzzi tub and a top floor room to see the sunset!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great little hotel. Staff was very pleasant when we arrived and the rooms were very nice too. Our room had a view of the pool which looked really inviting, putting green is an extra little plus if you're into golf. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and ladies maintaining the area were friendly. Managers reception is a nice touch. Even though we didn't eat (I was afraid it was too spicy for me, smelled delicious though) but we did enjoy the free beer.
Only draw back for me is the rate but that's expected with the oil boom going on in this area. You're not going to find a hotel at a decent price. Wish they (all hotels in the area) offered rates for those of us not there for the oil jobs.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in *27. We had room 227 and east wall (I think) sits up again elevator s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We picked this hotel because it got such good reviews on trip advisor. The decent hotels are a distance off I-20 around the loop. The clerk at the front desk was friendly when we arrived. Our room was decorated with a fresh look and was clean. There were two phones in our room, with buttons to contact the front desk, internet assistance, wake-up call, etc. etc. Neither phone in our room worked and a lamp had a burned out bulb. When we walked down to the front desk later in the evening to report these things, the new clerk didn't seem at all concerned. In fact, she seemed bothered by our contacting her. With so many good hotels in this area, we would not return to this one. In the morning when we left, we couldn't find anyone at the front desk!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cabotpierre
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice as well. The only drawback was the location. Not much to do in the area. Most of the shopping and restaurants are 10-15 minutes away, driving. Over all, a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

First stay at a Choice Hotel and was very impressed. Upon check in I was greeted by friendly staff and given free snacks and water. Was nice after a long day of driving. Hotel was very clean and our room was spacious. We had a living room and 2 comfortable beds. Outside pool area was quite nice; even had a putting green! Breakfast was good in the morning as well. Great hotel if you are ever in Midland.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great Room in a Great hotel. BBQ beside the really neat pool gazebo. Bring your putter as they have a putting green to practice on....awesome....Breakfast was provided and it was lovely. We were able to eat whilst overlooking the pool and hot whirlpool. Managers welcome consisted of beer and tacos...wishing a bottle or two of wine existed but, thats OK....I dont mind a beer every now and then. Its so friendly and happy out there in those parts of Texas...gorgeous weather, great mall close by and lovely hotel/food. Cannot wait until I return.

Room Tip: I had a view of the pool and I would ask for that next time....I noticed that the sun seemed to be s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business