“Clean room and great breakfast”

Residence Inn Midland
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Round Rock, Texas
“Clean room and great breakfast”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Our family of four stayed in a suite here one night on our way to New Mexico. We didn't do much at the hotel, but it was a pleasant stay. The room was very clean, and the free breakfast was quite yummy. They had a huge selection of food items and beverages, and the hash browns, eggs, and sausage were tastier than they are at most hotels.

My only complaint is that we had to stay in a room for handicapped people (I'm guessing this is what it was) because our reserved room was dirty when we arrived (and we arrived around 7:00 pm). I would have preferred to have a bathroom with an actual tub and not a shower stall/toilet all-in-one with a big drain in the floor. Therefore, we didn't bathe here. I'm assuming our room that we were supposed to get would have had a tub.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank berryfoot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Maryland
Reviewed 12 January 2012

A freak January snowstorm made my family leave Big Bend National Park to stay here for one night - a very nice experience in this all-suites hotel.

Clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed, decent gym, heated pool (tiny). The free breakfast buffet was very good with more selection than you normally get.

With the kitchens, the place is suited for long stay customers, but we were quite happy here for our 1-night stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Reading the many glowing TA reviews we choose it. A big mistake? Website showed they had vacancy for 2 Queens and were Pet friendly.I searched sitting in their parking lot. Walked in and was told "they only had King for AAA rate, and no government rates were accepted. Pet Friendly is a non-refundable Ben Franklin, it's for special type cleaning. Wow some cleaning I replied my dog does not shed, has his own bed and food containers doesn't get on furniture, isn't destructive a 100 bucks did not sound Pet Friendly to me, it sounds like you want 100 bucks and you can pretend to be PF.
We had driven 400 miles were tired opted to pay and do a King. Bigger mistake. A suite is a big room with lots of unnecessary furniture, no place to put suitcase while unpacking. A jumbo sized fridge runs nonstop even on lower setting.
Bathroom doll house size with thin over used linens. Bedding was the worst thin sheets with a way overused poly comforter you could see through provided no warmth on a very cold Texas night. They did provide another overused comforter but it had gone through the special cleaning Since the Clorox odor was enough to make me vomit.
Those who gave this hotel glowing reviews must have based them on the glitter affects of the pretty lobby, the designer colors etc not on what is confortable and needed.
I stay in hotels 200 nights a year all over USA, Asia, Europe etc I do know what a weary traveler is looking for in a hotel room and it is nit what The Residence Inn provides. I stayed at Candlewood Suites in alienville Roswell, NM 2nights prior in large double queen suite with 600 thread sheets fluffy down comforters and all the glitter of pretty lobby and designer touches. The cost was less than RI and they were truly PF.
Marriott needs to buck up and take their name off this crapper.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Upalco
GMMidlandTX, General Manager at Residence Inn Midland, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Dear Upalco,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your experience while staying at our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay with us was less than pleasant and your suite was not what you have come to expect when staying at Marriott. I can certainly understand your frustration regarding the bed type that is unfortunately not available at our hotel and the pet cleaning fee was not disclosed on the website where you found our hotel.

Again, I extend my sincerest apologies to you that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please think about giving us another try when traveling to Midland, TX

Beth Link, General Manager
Miami, FL
Reviewed 19 November 2011

It had been a while since I had stayed at a Residence Inn. I picked this Hotel after the Hampton Inn was full.

It was great! Friendly staff, free hor d'oeuvres and wine in the evenings, hot breakfast, spacious clean and comfortable rooms. The small additional charge over an ordinary hotel is well worth it!

It is also located on the Loop, which is convenient and just about 15 minutes to the airport.

I found a new favorite in Midland, TX

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stopped in Midland on a cross country road trip so I pretty much just needed a comfortable place to rest and regroup. The hotel is located just off the main highways so it was convenient ingress and egress, but far enough away that there wasn't too much highway noise. (My room was facing the sports park, so the rooms facing the Interstate 20 likely had worse noise than me.) The staff were very friendly and took several of my calls before my arrival to help with directions and advice about local amenities...which by the way are pretty sparse. There was a Sam's Club and 2 restaurants close by otherwise it was pretty isolated. The fitness room had super modern machines and a nice TV. The room also has a nice TV and channel lineup. I didn't use the pool, but it looked very modern with nice landscaping. The complimentary breakfast includes the usual continental style offerings, but also includes more substantial fare like eggs, potatoes and make-your-own belgian waffler. My only complaint was the extremely loud refrigerator in the studio style room...the 1 bedroom would likely have been quieter with the ability to shut off the living space from the bedroom.

Room Tip: Facing the sports park was a nice view and less highway noise. Opposite side from the highway proba...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 27 September 2011

After driving across the endless mesquite flats punctuated only by oil rigs and windmills, and reaching the city whose cultural highlights are Mexican cantinas and the boyhood home of George W. Bush, it's a relief to shake off the coliche dust and enter this oasis.

Friendly and helpful front desk service.

Rooms are well designed, quiet, and feature well chosen interior colors, comfortable furniture, a semi-suite room layout, and kitchens. Excellent bedding.

The hotel appears immaculate, which is amazing given the large number of guests who are involved in the dusty, messy oil business.

Breakfast buffet features fine coffee.

An excellent low rise hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Staying for business... Great location near Stadium.
Close to Resturants .

***as a side note...since I cant find a way to post this otherwise....

Your wife must shop at the Posh Pony Boutique in Midland....That is the BEST womens boutique in this west texas area....located in San Miguel Shopping Center near Midkiff & Wadley streets....Great location and fun staff and Owner.

• Stayed July 2011