Residence Inn Midland
US$176
US$171
US$142
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskfootball stadiumrooms were wonderfulsports complexminor league baseballthe nicest hotelswe've stayedthe breakfast areahome away from homenice hotelstayed one nightin townfree breakfastdefinitely stay here againcookiesbusinesstoiletries
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The oil and gas boom in West Texas and New Mexico makes rooms scarce. I got orders to go to W. TX on a Tuesday afternoon, flight left Tuesday evening. No advance research - just relied on the links from the SouthWest Airlines site to book room and rent car. The only room available was at this hotel at $309 per night, before taxes. Sticker shock even though I'd heard the stories.

When I arrived at the Midand Airport, the rental place did not have a car after all. Be aware that rent cars are quite scarce. The issue was a golf tournament. I said, "huh?" I did not associate Midland with lush green golf courses. This was a junior-varsity type golf league, minor league thing. Sheesh. Whatever. They booked up a lot of cars.

To the point: The Residence Inn saved my sorry hide. They sent a van, a NICE van to drive me to the hotel. They honored my last minute reservation my room was ready. Whew! That day had already was almost 18 hours. The room was a cut above even Residence Inn high standards. Larger than most, still had the "new" feel to it. Good mattress, good sleep. The breakfast area has bigger selection and has better cooks than most R.I.'s, the coffee was better than most. The free Midland newspaper is a nice product. Front desk staff is top-notch.

The Residence Inn got a "limo" (actually a very nice man driving a Lincoln Navigator, cool!) to drive me the airport car rental desk about 6:00 am next morning. Finally got the rent car, dashed off to work at nearby counties.

This Residence Inn was very helpful. The last-minute trip would have been a real headache if not for them. Would definitely stay here again. As for the prices . . . well, every hotel out there costs more than you think. Budget accordingly.

Room Tip: The side away from the stadium probably quiter, and is on shaded side of building away from fierce West Texas sun.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I will come back to the residance inn each time i have business in or around Midland or Odessa Texas.
At Residence Inn I was greeted by the staff as a regular member, without status. Made me feel important. Melissa the desk clerk was most accommadating to meet my needs for local directions and nearby business sites. Couldn't have done it without her help. The rooms are kept very clean. The staff are focused on customer detail. The 6:00 drinks and dinner are the deal breaker. Seen it several other locations and look for those places before i book future travel hotelsl:). I will be back soon when I travel to Midland.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

With the boom in drilling in the area, this was an excellent value. We did see one dead bug but overall housekeeping is good. The breakfast was one of the best we've had. The only problem with this hotel is that it is next to a minor league baseball stadium. When the team won, they shot. off a massive amount of fireworks. We thought we were in the middle of a war zone and didn't know whether to duck & take cover or run outside. When we ascertained what was happening, we laughed but the show was so lengthy we ended up getting out of bed until it was over. The guest were not warned about this phenomenon. We would definitely stay here again although it is about 5 miles from the only mall in town.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Had read some "negative" reviews citing that the oilfield boom had left the rooms worn and in need of some repairs..some even involved photos. That was not our experience at all. Our room was perfect. I can't even name one problem with it at all. Everything seemed updated and clean..wish other hotels were that lovely!

Hot breakfast every morning was also a delightful surprise. First day's breakfast was an omelet with sharp cheddar on top and gruyere inside, potatoes, link sausage. Plenty of other options for others such as "plain" scrambled eggs, oatmeal, etc. The second day was even better. The chef had prepared another fresh omelet with FRESH jalapeno (not the jarred stuff), ham, onions, tomatoes, different type of potatoes and sliced ham on the side. Not the same ol', same ol' every morning.

When we checked in Friday afternoon, the check in counter had bags of trail mix and fresh, moist chocolately brownies in a huge glass container. There was an Italian jar of cucumbered ice water on a credenza next to it. They also handed you two bottles of chilled bottle water as you walked away from check in. Sunday a.m. they had honeydew ice water in the Italian jar. (Sorry, wasn't there during the day Saturday to give you that flavor of the day). Staff at front desk, kitchen and housekeeping were all friendly and efficient.

When we got in our room, we found a calendar of events/food for the month. Children's events, museum trips and the really big surprise--it appears that they have fresh meals every evening Monday-Thursday nights. It appeared that the evening meal was "gratis". I told my husband, The Working Man, if his company ever considered sending him on a long term assignment, he needed to suggest Residence Inn for his stay.

I would have no hesitation in staying here again, nor recommending it to anyone. Obviously, any issues the hotel has had in the past have been handled by management.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, way beyond the elevator hall. Our only view was the courtyard but we weren't there for the view. Didn't notice AC noise at all even though we could see them across the courtyard. Room couldn't have been quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FavoriteGramdma
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Megan worked with my Visa account and myself for two days and resolved an issue we had with a smile on her face. Along with her excellent service, the food and other help at this hotel was phenomenal.

Room Tip: Single suite King was excellent
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business