“Great Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Morrill, Nebraska
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here for a month. The staff is great. The front desk supervisor Courtney was wonderful. Very proactive. The hotel and grounds are well kept. We especially enjoyed the outdoor grill. I just wish they had light nearby for when the sun goes down

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sara H, Manager at Residence Inn Midland, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that Courtney is recognized for her exceptional guest service. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is still BY FAR, the best place to stay in Midland, TX.

The breakfasts are still "thin" compared to some other Residence Inns and the coffee still tastes like the sole of a burnt work boot.

Rooms away from the highway and neighboring restaurant are the best. Early morning restaurant dumpster collection will get your attention.

Front desk check-in is always smooth & the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back, at the opposite end from the highway. Away from the neighboring restaurant...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TiredWorldTraveler
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm glad that you continue to find the Residence Inn Midland the best place to stay in town. I apologize that breakfast was less than satisfactory during your last stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so the issue can be resolved. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to you visiting us in the future!
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I loved the staff, the manager was more than professional I have stayed at tons of hotels across the United States and there is not one "chain" hotel that comes close to this one I stayed for 2.5 months and everyday was the same if any relatives or friends for some reason need a hotel while visiting our family this is the only place that I will allow them to say a big thank you to every staff member there thanks Keith west

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments! We enjoyed having you and your family here with us for your extended stay. I will make sure the staff is recognized for all of their professionalism. We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us in the future!
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our stay was originally planned for a layover stop on our way back home from our 30th wedding anniversary vacation on our Harley Davidson. Our one night turned into 3 nights as our bike suffered a flat tire 30 minutes away. The local HD is closed Sunday and Monday. I am so thankful that we did not get hurt and very thankful that we chose this location for our stay. The staff have been nothing less than stellar in their service and hospitality. This Hotel ranks as one of the best I have stayed at. The ambiance makes you feel like you are staying in a four star hotel. The workout room is large and equipped with the upscale workout machines. There is even ear plugs available at the front desk. there is a beautiful patio area off the swimming pool. You have the luxury of more than usual limited tv channels (Bravo!!!) plus a couple of HBO channels. Stainless appliances, granite countertops, and roomy like home away from home. They have a wonderful happy hour serving beer, wine, and even dessert! Breakfast is great too. I can't say enough good things. This hotel does not have a restaurant for lunch and dinner. We walked across the street to the Hilton for dinner and the food is great! I had the grilled Chicken Alfredo. The serving was enough for two people. It had yellow peppers, black olives, and mushrooms. My husband ordered Steak Wrap, cooked medium. Huge serving filled with bleu cheese, and other ingredients. Wow! The waitress, Amber served us her/fellow chef signature drinks...very good. Great atmosphere made for a cozy dinner. What a wonderful ending to our vacation!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your story! We are proud to be one of the best hotels you've stayed in! I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, guest rooms and amenities. I will make sure the staff at our sister property gets proper recognition for the stellar customer service you received during your meals there! We strive to make it a home away from home at the Residence Inn Midland, and I'm certainly pleased you felt it was!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel made my stay in Midland Texas worth it. I stayed there for 3 nights for job training. The check in process was great. The room was awesome I was glad to see the room had a full kitchen. The room was clean. The hotel serves a nice breakfast in the morning. Monday -Friday they serve dinner with a different theme night from 6pm-730. The food was pretty good and the outdoor pool is nice for family fun.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am delighted to hear that we made your business trip to Midland an enjoyable one. We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us the next time you are in town!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a swim competition--over 30 kids, 3 coaches, and several families who accompanied the swimmers. The front desk manager was delightful. She helped us with all the room arrangements (swimmers were grouped in rooms together and parents stayed separately). She was kind and helpful to the kids and the parents. The swimmers had to be at the competition early in the mornings and the caretaker for the breakfast area started the meal early to accommodate their schedule. She also was friendly and helpful.

The hotel was nicely appointed, very clean, and quiet--there were several serious storms during our stay and we could not hear them. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sara H, Manager at Residence Inn Midland, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments! I'm pleased to hear that our staff took good care of you and the other familes who stayed with us for the swim meet. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to you visiting us again the next time you're in Midland!
Brea, California
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My daughter received a scholarship to MIdland Junior College, thus my numberous stays of 4 or 5 times in Midland, specifically at The Residence Inn. I have traveled extensively and of lately for the last 10 years or so I have exscusively ONLY stay at 4.5-5 Star locations... my standards are very high.
STAFF: Fantastic! Always greeted me with a smile from front desk to cleaning staff. Very friendly. I got to know Zoe the Manager, and what a nice woman, very accommodating and professional. She allowed me to order Turkey, Ham/accroutrements from Honeybaked and allow my daughter's basketball team to dine in the dining room and usage of the serving counters on Thanksgiving Day! WAY to go Zoe!
ROOM: Very clean. Bed was comfortable. NIce size room overall -(always stayed in a one bedroom suite) Great kitchen with a big regular sized fridge -came in handy on Thanksgiving when I made a couple salads/dishes ensuite.
LOCATION: Perfectly close to the Freeway (250 Loop) which was just a short 10 minute drive to the College...I did my walking routine around the Sports Complex that was situated next door and able to log my daily 3 miler in that area, always feeling safe excersing as a single woman.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: OOPs accidently pressed on Room Service, when they do not offer it! I used to prefer the rooms fur...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo